Almorra's Directive not removed after completion

Hi there

in the process of aquiring the Skyscale we're supposeed to talk to Almorra to receive a buff that counts kills, Almorra's Directive. I received the buf on two characters and did the kills I had to do. On one character the buff vanished, on the other character I still have it even after fully unlocking the Skyscale in the mean time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Almorra's Directive still applied on a couple of my characters despite having completed the Skyscale collections. I've tried to find a workaround by using things like the Special Forces Training Area in the raid lobby area to remove personal buffs, but this has not been successful. I speculate that the Super Adventure Box may be able to remove this buff (since it removes most other buffs from characters), but we'd have to wait until April next year to try that out (I imagine it'll be fixed before then though).

please fix this, this bug is super annoying.... :-(i have this effect on my weaver, and since i cant get rid of it, i dont wanna play this character anymore.I try to keep everything clean and sorted, my inventory, my bank, everything.

Please mark this bug as: CRITICAL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pretty annoying bug. I've got 2 of the skyscale collection buffs on my main.

Has anyone tried contacting a GM and asking them to clear all their buffs? I would figure there is a command for something like that. Based on older livestreams of the devs showing off things like elite specs and the like.

@Mercutio.6312 said:I don't know if it's more ridiculous or more embarrassing that after so many months you haven't solved this problem yet.

I tend towards the embarassing. ANet has a history of not caring about content once it's released and only taking a look back if it's hurting the economy, i.e. gemshop sales. But three months for something aperently simple as removing a buff is a bit much. Maybe it's not that simple, I'm not a dev or coder or anything but it feels like they just can't be bothered.

It's more than annoying. Whenever I have a lot of effects, especially after using a Heroes and Spirit Banner, it pushes the effect icons under my mini-map which is in the default location. I already cannot see what my current effects and boons are at times, and it happens more frequently now with these two bugged ones adding to the clutter. This sometimes leads me to acquire an experience booster while thinking it has run out when it really hasn't. That costs money. I wonder if there will be reimbursement in such a case. I thought this would have been fixed by now, so maybe I will begin submitting reimbursement requests when it occurs.

• 2 weeks later...