Red Borderlands - Desert Map

Jefell.7932

The top place team is Green in T1. The winning team from the lower tier(s) get Red. The higher tiers / stronger teams that lose become Green. The winning lower tier climbing up is hindered & grievously disadvantaged by red having the desert bl and even more so when/if they reach T1. I believe that Green team having desert would be a much better balance and induce a more competitive team spirit throughout the WvW tiers.

@Jefell.7932 said:The top place team is Green in T1. The winning team from the lower tier(s) get Red. The higher tiers / stronger teams that lose become Green. The winning lower tier climbing up is hindered & grievously disadvantaged by red having the desert bl and even more so when/if they reach T1. I believe that Green team having desert would be a much better balance and induce a more competitive team spirit throughout the WvW tiers.

I mean, I know the issues red BL has. And the primary reason it has those problems is some servers don’t go to the red BL. Fewer players on that BL make it easy to control by a server with lower numbers..

This creates the potential imbalance of a winning server/ or a first place server, having an easier time because the other servers won’t go there.

Look at the NA T1 match. The server that has red won’t go there.., they hate the map.,. So, of course, the map will be owned by the green server or blue server.

No change will change the fact that some servers go there and some do not.

Personally, I would like to see the colors be random.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Jefell.7932 said:The top place team is Green in T1. The winning team from the lower tier(s) get Red. The higher tiers / stronger teams that lose become Green. The winning lower tier climbing up is hindered & grievously disadvantaged by red having the desert bl and even more so when/if they reach T1. I believe that Green team having desert would be a much better balance and induce a more competitive team spirit throughout the WvW tiers.

I mean, I know the issues red BL has. And the primary reason it has those problems is some servers don’t go to the red BL. Fewer players on that BL make it easy to control by a server with lower numbers..

This creates the potential imbalance of a winning server/ or a first place server, having an easier time because the other servers won’t go there.

Look at the NA T1 match. The server that has red won’t go there.., they hate the map.,. So, of course, the map will be owned by the green server or blue server.

No change will change the fact that some servers go there and some do not.

Personally, I would like to see the colors be random.

The lack of numbers is due to the difficulty in defending. Desert Borderland is larger and more difficult terrain to navigate. Getting to bay, hills, garri and the towers is much quicker/easier on Alpine borderlands.

T1 top is green. In the last 8 months of being with Blackgate, I witness the extreme difficulty in red team staying in the tier for more than that first week. Maybe 2 or 3 servers made it off red in t1 the entire 8 months and when they did, they stayed blue until teams changed again. If green had desert, t1 top team would have to work harder to stay on top. Which is fair. As well, the upcoming lower servers wouldn't have the 'punishment' of winning. The losing team falls into green and would rightfully have the downfall of desert to contend with if they wanted to hold place. From a competitive standpoint, I feel this makes the most sense.

Perhaps the only thing sillier than people repeating this nonsense is me showing up and trying to stamp it out every time. So...I'm here if anyone's interested in talking specifics, but I'm not writing any essays unprompted.

In short, what are you all basing this on?

They won't change it due to player behavior because player behavior is too volatile. Also, DBL isn't nearly as unpopular as you all seem to think, especially outside of NA T1. I've posted the run times between objectives perhaps a dozen times and showed that they are similar. Some are a bit shorter on ABL, some are a bit shorter on DBL. I've also analyzed the time it takes to break into a lord's room in every keep to compare how much time there is to respond.

But if you don't care about any of that...if you just want to demand changes based on a partial and uninformed viewpoint...well, that's certainly your right. Enjoy~

@Sviel.7493 said:Perhaps the only thing sillier than people repeating this nonsense is me showing up and trying to stamp it out every time. So...I'm here if anyone's interested in talking specifics, but I'm not writing any essays unprompted.

I can think of one sillier thing, your unnecessarily condescending reply. You could post your opinion without being a jerk.

@knite.1542 said:

@Sviel.7493 said:Perhaps the only thing sillier than people repeating this nonsense is me showing up and trying to stamp it out every time. So...I'm here if anyone's interested in talking specifics, but I'm not writing any essays unprompted.

I can think of one sillier thing, your unnecessarily condescending reply. You could post your opinion without being a jerk.

Randomly posting opinions isn't all that useful when it comes to actually demanding changes be made. Opinions are important feedback, but the response to that feedback must be based on the facts that inspired said opinions. If someone complains that it takes too long to run from point A to point B on one map compared to another, but the actual run times are within a second of each other, then changing the distance based on their opinion would be a mistake.

So I'm not here to post opinions. I also don't think it's being a jerk to call others out for posting opinions that are easily proven false. At least not now, after they've had years to sort themselves out. It is, as I said, silly.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Kinda torn on this: many guilds and players won’t go into red. So.. effectively that could give the first place team a very easy week. They could upgrade their map, and, as the team that is usually green has the most numbers and best coverage, just gives them a chance to wreak havoc on the other borders..

This is exactly what would happen in most cases.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Kinda torn on this: many guilds and players won’t go into red. So.. effectively that could give the first place team a very easy week. They could upgrade their map, and, as the team that is usually green has the most numbers and best coverage, just gives them a chance to wreak havoc on the other borders..

if ppl are committed to something, they probably cant do it. but if they are free, then :/ preference.

why would ppl defend and win? that stil has no justification for now. :/

@Sovereign.1093 said:

if ppl are committed to something, they probably cant do it. but if they are free, then :/ preference.

why would ppl defend and win? that stil has no justification for now. :/

Let’s use the ‘server that shall not be named’. If they are in a MU vs a server that hates the desert, they will easily upgrade two thirds to 3/4 of the map and coast on that map responding only to call outs on that map (as this particular server routinely has scouts there)

Now, this frees their Zerg to focus both EBG and both of the other server’s BLs, giving them a baked in advantage.

That is the fear. For those ‘strong servers’ with decent numbers, it will only provide them a somewhat bigger advantage.

@Kylden Ar.3724 spent some time seeing this when he was linked to the ‘server that shall not be named’.

I think rotation of the colors or randomizing them is a better option TBH.