Glyph of Reaping not working [Merged]

@MashMash.1645 said:

@"CuChulainn.5940" said:It would be nice to know what the "issue" is.

You could use it get around their fix to ascended plants.

If you went into someone’s home instance you couldn’t harvest the ascended plants directly. But if you used a tool with the glyph it by-passed the restriction.

Now that is one hell of an unforeseen side-effect xD

Hope they fix it soon, I've also got very used to this glyph.

Initially I thought that it would work the same way as before. after the issue was resolved, but it's been over 17 hours and it is still disabled, which makes me wonder what changes they're implementing to the glyph and how that will after it value. For instance will this change how the synthesizers are reaped? Will the glyph only reap materials of the same name? Will the glyph only proc the additional strike given by boosters on the node being harvested and not on the nodes being reaped?

@"adamkeenan.9426" said:Initially I thought that it would work the same way as before. after the issue was resolved, but it's been over 17 hours and it is still disabled, which makes me wonder what changes they're implementing to the glyph and how that will after it value. For instance will this change how the synthesizers are reaped? Will the glyph only reap materials of the same name? Will the glyph only proc the additional strike given by boosters on the node being harvested and not on the nodes being reaped?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1034295#Comment_1034295The team plans to correct this in the September 17 release. We will update if this changes. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

@"LucianDK.8615" said:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1034295#Comment_1034295The team plans to correct this in the September 17 release. We will update if this changes. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I am not happy with this. Not at all. Disabling the Glyph of Reaping most likely has a wider impact than, lets say, disabling the ascended garden plots that are unwantingly being "reaped". If only one should be disabled, I say it should be the plot and not the glyph. I was okay with it being disalbed for a day or two, but for at least two weeks? No. I'm not okay with that. I paid money for it. Real. Life. Money. So no ANet, you may not thank me, as I am very impatient and do not understand this decision.

@Shep.4026 said:

@"LucianDK.8615" said:
The team plans to correct this in the September 17 release. We will update if this changes. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I am not happy with this. Not at all. Disabling the Glyph of Reaping most likely has a wider impact than, lets say, disabling the ascended garden plots that are unwantingly being "reaped". If only one should be disabled, I say it should be the plot and not the glyph. I was okay with it being disalbed for a day or two, but for at least two weeks? No. I'm not okay with that. I paid money for it. Real. Life. Money. So no ANet, you may not thank me, as I am very impatient and do not understand this decision.

A lot more would be unhappy if any plots was disabled. It was the least evil they could do, as far fewer have the glyph.You do realize that you are asking for all garden plots to be disabled? As you can grow ascended seeds on all 3.

Dear devs, the real problem it's just that we paid money for this kind of tools, and it's your problem if that stuff has "issues", from your point of view, not mine so, in this case, a better communication with your customers and a more fast resolution of this service interruption (10 days???) would be appreciated...

A lot more would be unhappy if any plots was disabled. It was the least evil they could do, as far fewer have the glyph.You do realize that you are asking for all garden plots to be disabled? As you can grow ascended seeds on all 3.

Then perhaps if they put a hold on ascended plants (For two weeks) all together would be a better solution than to disable all plots and the glyphs for which people paid money for as I did.

I know I can live with out the plants (ascended) for a couple weeks, over losing the alternative.

@LucianDK.8615 said:A lot more would be unhappy if any plots was disabled. It was the least evil they could do, as far fewer have the glyph.You do realize that you are asking for all garden plots to be disabled? As you can grow ascended seeds on all 3.

I see your point, but I won't change my stance on this. You see, the Glyph isn't broken. What's broken are the ascended plants. THEY are not working as intended, the Glyphs are doing exactly what they're supposed to. And instead of deactivating what's broken, they deactivated what's working fine, something that people paid real money for. This is BS.

I use the logging tool with the Glyph to collect enough Elder Wood every day for five accounts. This is profit of roughly 17,5 g per day. Having to do this without the Glyph would take five times as long, which I plain and simply don't have the time for and, to be completely honest, I jus can't be kittened to do. 13 days of Glyph deactiveness therefore translates to roughly 227,5 g in profit not made. Which means I am losing about 1000 gems. Please, noone talk to me about stupid flowers...

Edit: by the way, I was planning on buying some gems today to get five more shared inventory slots. I'm not doing that anymore. Pardon the pun, but you reap what you sow.

We have to wait until 17th Sep ??? This is an UNACCEPTABLE way of solving the problem. I am among the other many people who have paid money for the permanent gathering tools specifically because they have this Glyph Of Reaping functionality. Now you disabled it and left us with USELESS product that we paid for. How UNFAIR is that ? Whoever took this decision at ArenaNET did not think about the consequences and the LOST TRUST we - your customers - wouldn't anymore have to any future purchasing of products from GW2 store...... I am very DISAPPOINTED with this decision.

It wouldve been far more problematic to disable homeinstance plots. Especially since 2 have been available for years, a completely unfeasible change to ask for. And ascended food is their new hot thing, of course they are not going to disable that. Especially in the wake of the recent instance sharing causing prices to plummet until it was fixed. With the glyph of reaping threatening to undo the fix and make problems again.

I can only imagine they are working on redesigning the glyph to work properly. May not be as straightforward as you think, gw2 is after all full of spaghetti code. Be glad a fix is comming and you arent going to wait years for a bugfix.