Anet wants to make Scrapper worse, again

Noe.8032

@Mil.3562 said:Nerfing skills or utilities only affect that profession but nerfing Rune affects all professions using that Rune. You guys can't see the difference here? Really?

But the rune is busted regardless of the class. You have to see that.

Most runes' 6th bonus grant a ~5-7% increase on something, eg. Rune of Strength grants a +5% damage bonus while under the effects of might.

Antitoxin's 6th bonus grants an effective 100% increase on cleanse (for skills + traits that cleanse 1 condition at a time, which is most of them).

Engineers already have way too many options. They have access to almost all conditions, almost all boons, many forms of CC...Gyros have a ton of fields already too, and engineers still have plenty of other ways to deal poison.

Elementalists are limited to sigil of nullification if they want to remove a boon, and there's no sign of them getting something like an "Arcanist" elite spec capable of disrupting enemies. And you complain of engineers losing one of their many sources of poison to get AoE revealed, which is often more useful, and that elementalists do not have either, by the way.

@coro.3176 said:

@Mil.3562 said:Nerfing skills or utilities only affect that profession but nerfing Rune affects all professions using that Rune. You guys can't see the difference here? Really?

But the rune is busted regardless of the class. You have to see that.

Most runes' 6th bonus grant a ~5-7% increase on something, eg. Rune of Strength grants a +5% damage bonus while under the effects of might.

Antitoxin's 6th bonus grants an effective
100% increase
on cleanse (for skills + traits that cleanse 1 condition at a time, which is most of them).

You are almost correct. If a skill cleanses 3 conditions, the rune still cleanses 1, 4 in total (that's 133% effectiveness of the skill). It's broken on Engineer only because of skills that pulse condi cleanse often. Adding 2-seconds ICD on the rune is probably the way to go. Or, adding 10 seconds ICD but increasing the condi cleanse of the rune to, say, 3. But then, amount and frequency of condi application from everybody around, by any build and any profession, makes this not the way to go. Sadly the state of the balance (vuln, bleeds, torment, cripple, burning, poison etc all over the place all the time), over past few years makes this rune, to stay in this state, a necessity.

If ANet changed the balance from what it is now (so mirage/scrouge/condi thief applying 5 confusion/torment/bleeds every 2-3 seconds casually without any break) to make condi builds spike conditions (so, say, Mirage applying 15 confusion but every 20 seconds cooldown instead), the later change for Antitoxin I suggested would make much more sense.

@Prinzsecond.4863 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:hopefully they make purge gyro a poison field.

purge gyro should stay a light field IMO, to increase the cleansing possibilities.If they wanted to give us something, the reveal would actually dual purpose with the chemical field. Extend range of chemical field to 600, then pulse AoE reveal. Less range than detection pulse, but can reveal more, lets say with a slight nerf of 4->3 pulses on the actual poison field.

So detection pulse was 1200 range 5 man revealed, new chemical field would be 600 range and 15 man revealed over 6s (5 every 2s) in addition to the poison field and AoE poison.

Never gonna happen though.

I doubt we would keep the detection pulse for long. If you read the original post, you realize they aim to balance stealth with an increase of reveal-skills. It is not just us, the Warriors receive a reveal-boost as well as the Revenants - all 600 range. We will have the skill back for a few weeks, maybe a month and then they drown in thief-tears.

Thief will be once again unplayable. They have finally ruined it. Some noisy people announce their leave. And the smartest of them will claim that Thief has always been the most hated class of the staff and has been weak and a punching bag since launch. ... The usual stuff we hear after every balance patch.

Question is, what they will do then? In the planed patch, they aim to boost the reveal of three classes at once - area 600 range. Nerfing all three classes again would be a little drastic.

I think we would receive the first adjustments. Also the increase of the sneak gyro cooldown looks more and more like they do not want us the use the gyro anymore. They will increase the cooldown and shorten the duration and probably even the pulses until we rather pick the motar again. Personally I think they regret introducing the skill into the game. They might probably remove it completely, once it is broken enough that we ignore it. In PvE the skill is awesome, but in competitive stealth is weird to balance. The lesser classes have access to it, the better.

@"MithranArkanere.8957" said:Engineers already have way too many options. They have access to almost all conditions, almost all boons, many forms of CC...Gyros have a ton of fields already too, and engineers still have plenty of other ways to deal poison.

Elementalists are limited to sigil of nullification if they want to remove a boon, and there's no sign of them getting something like an "Arcanist" elite spec capable of disrupting enemies. And you complain of engineers losing one of their many sources of poison to get AoE revealed, which is often more useful, and that elementalists do not have either, by the way.

Scrapper is a poor elite spec in the context of all elite specs across all game misses.

So Engineer having access to all the conditions, all the boons, all the CCs, all the fields, you're implying people complaining about further Scrapper nerfs aren't seeing how great their class is?

Sorry bud, Scrappers can't dual wield a rifle and hammer, swap to Pistol/Pistol for a condi load, have both a bar full of Kit's combo fields and Elixir's boons, and then go into Photon Forge for the AoE CC. What do you mean Engineers have all the conditions, boons, and CC, having 'access' is asinine as hell.

Scrapper routinely has no conditions, hardly any lethal damage, hardly any CC. It's a defensive utility class, with a minor in PbAoE.

Let people discuss the future direction of targeting Scrapper for WvW nerfs instead of AntiToxin runes. That's where it's headed now.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried to make a marauder scrapper with elixir gun, tool kit, elixir S like the HoT golden years ?

I would love to play bruiser scrapper in Spvp like it was 2015 again.

I will have to test the spec in spvp. I played in hot and scrapper was super broken in spvp.

Hopefully we can find a good build to stack marauder stats again.

@Angel.3916 said:Has anyone tried to make a marauder scrapper with elixir gun, tool kit, elixir S like the HoT golden years ?

I would love to play bruiser scrapper in Spvp like it was 2015 again.

I will have to test the spec in spvp. I played in hot and scrapper was super broken in spvp.

Hopefully we can find a good build to stack marauder stats again.

It's not so simple. Scrappers received a couple of nerfs from then that really reduced their performance. The only one I immediately remember was Thunderclap losing its initial hit, but there were more. With this newest release, scrappers received even more nerfs to their traits (particularly no more regen), gutting most of their abilities.

You can play a holosmith with elixir gun, elixir s, and tool kit in marauders. They're still pretty bruiser-ish. With the exception of zerg condi cleaner, the holo has taken over all roles that scrapper used to have.