Future Potential WvW-centric Balance Changes - September 6th 2019

Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

Sorry to let you know but all of these changes would still not shake up the meta. We would run still the same comp over and over again.

Once again:

Maybe you don't believe me but after 933k kills on necro i can tell you for a fact that changing the target cap on sand savant won't make anything else relevant.What's the issue with sand savant? I know it, you know it, everyone knows it... 30 scourge spamming big shades is simply HORRIBLE playstyle.I'm sorry for other game modes, but scourge has ruined the fun of wvw for the past 2 years. IT'S TIME TO KILL THIS CLASS THANKS.Remove the damage from all shade skills when using the goddamn trait. It won't affect pve (raids/fractals) because you use small ones, it won't affect heal scourge because you don't need damage with it, it won't affect pvp because you mostly use small shades there again.The only affected region would be open world. Why should that be the reason for wvw to continue suffering?

Onto the other points i made previously:

Chrono feels hyper clunky due to the shatters changes. Reversing that for wvw would be nice QoL for them.

Spellbreaker would be still the only reasonable pick by the simple reason that winds of disenchantment exists. Untill you get rid of it, no other elite will be good enough, no other spec will be good enough.

Scrapper add 1s icd to purity of purpose.

No matter what nerfs you bring to firebrand, you will always take it over core or dragonhunter.

Edit: But overhall the changes listed so far look great, it's just not enough to change the gameplay.

Thank you for communicating! I love Holo nerfs and I think for PvP specifically they need even more shaving. They deal way too much damage and have way overtuned sustain for just how easy it is to use, but the Corona Burst and Holo Shockwave nerfs are both crucial and much needed. Poison nerf for Thief is also great, though fighting a sword thief will still be one of those experiences that make you want to pull your hair out one by one due to how frustrating it is - it immobs while blinking to you, slaps you for 4-5k damage, steps back, rinse repeat. At least hopefully condition one will chill out with it's overtuned application. Scourge nerfs are a good idea, but they don't target what's really the issue. Ability to use shade skills without shades is what rustles my jimmies personally, but other already pointed out more comprehensive points.

Are there any plans on looking into what makes building Scrapper for it's intentional purpose not worthwhile (the recent rework makes it so only support is viable to play at all, when it's supposed to be what Spellbreaker for PvP currently is - it fails due to backwards design of barrier reliance while needing to do damage it doesn't have to generate it), and Chrono - which is positively still unusable for PvP modes for no real reason? Travelling back to 2012 isn't Chrono experience, it's just sad mainly. :(

Regardless, most of these changes look good, and I'm looking forward to their implementation. They will be a small stepping stone towards improving the state of the game, but keyword here is "small" - these aren't worth waiting for 3 months. Please look into making balance tweaks far more often.

I have little to say about the other specs as its already said. As a thief main I am on the fence about the changes.

On one hand... Our damage output is severely hurt in a meta where almost everyone but me can sustain for long periods of time through protection, aegis, and healing spam. On the other hand, the cool down deduction means I can at least keep their healing output reduced by 33% which kinda feels mandatory (and not fun). Sure, I could run zerks... But why am I being forced into being super glassy?

But other wise... So little is changed for me.

We still have so many problems hurting us that haven't been fixed yet. The preparations are great on paper but in execution, they fall short because they don't do what you expect due to bjgs and oversights.

Fighting another player is extraordinarily difficult than fighting as any other class, and payout is low. The weapons we keep using keep getting nerfed, when the reason why we use them is we have no real options and they counter some of the on going meta trends.

WvW towers still hurts us badly for revealing us.

And our intiative and trickery is still in need of a rework.

Hello Arena Net Devs,Thank you for taking the time to gather community feedback and taking it into consideration before implementing changes - this seems like a great start and I hope to see it continue.

Would your gameplay change as a result? How? Honestly, at glance my response is no. The reason WvW has become very stale is because damage dealing classes, most specifically scourge, are simply too over tuned. These changes won't make any difference to the squad compositions that organised guilds/servers run. WvW is in dire need of a meta shake up - HoT offered many different meta changes whereas PoF has been almost the exact same since release, just with the addition of scrapper after the changes. The problem is that fights end far to quickly, where as in previous versions of the game they lasted much longer and were more intense - it came down to who could counter play and play the most pristine where as now it is all based off of one shot out of stealth gimmicks. Nerfing scourge (harder than you've proposed) will change this immensely. Don't nerf support classes too hard or we will be in the exact same spot. Tuning down scourge will open opportunities for other classes to come (back) in to play again. The only support nerf I would deem necessary is the scrapper condition cleanse nerf (in addition to the rune nerf) as conditions are almost non existent anymore and have too little impact with resistance + scrapper cleanse. Long story short - push a new balance patch which benefits longer sustained, more skill based combat.

Do you feel these changes would improve or worsen the state of the game? As mentioned above, it is a good start - but I really don't think it will change much.

Are you looking forward to these potential changes? Why? I am looking forward to less barrier, but as previously mentioned - we really need a meta shakeup and this won't be enough.

What are your concerns and the consequences you expect with this set of changes? That it won't be enough to bring back all the players who have become bored of the same playstyle since PoF launch. Nerf scourge, try to avoid nerfing support and push the game mode in a direction that caters to skill rather than one shots out of stealth. Not only will the veterans of WvW love this, but any new players won't be discouraged from being instantly downed as a fight starts - it is more forgiving direction yet in my opinion it also takes a lot more skill.

TLDR: NERF SCOURGE HARDER AND THE META WILL CHANGE!

@Novaura.1079 said:Ok. Can we please rework support wells now? Have them pulse around the user while they move. Add barrier based on healing / aegis and some stability. Support wells are a poor design in combat that requires active dodging and movement when the reward for staying them is so low. Treat them similar to Scrapper Gyros

THIS! THIS! THIS! This is probably the best idea I read in a long time. And I am not even a Chrono in WvW. These wells are used rarely...except Gravitation Well most of them are never used in WvW. Some smaller tweaks and a functionality like Gyros and they could become more popular AND help the Chrono to become a decent support-class. At the moment, he is just a tool for veils, pulls and Illusion of Life (+ rarely Portal Action).

Sand Savant: We've wanted to address the target cap issue with this trait in WvW for a while, however it is an incredibly gnarly problem because this is a large functional change that would need to be preserved between game modes. This was why the cooldown split was made on this trait originally. We hear you that the trait is an issue and we're working on it. This is a tough case to crack in a manner that does not leave one mode suffering due to the changes made for another.

I'd suggest increasing the target cap only on the supportive Shroud skills/aspects (F2, F3, Desert Empowerment trait, barrier application on Harbinger shroud) while the offensive ones/aspects (F1, F4, F5, Path of Corruption trait) stay at 3 targets. All of them still get the radius increase.Alternatively just remove the target cap increase in WvW only and be done with Scourge.

The rest of the changes look fine. But it will depend on how you handle Sand Savant whether they'll equate to much.

@"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048" said:Guardian

• Stand Your Ground: Reduce the stacks of stability granted by this ability from 5 to 3 in WvW.

Tread lightly when changing stab.There clearly too much boon flying around in a WvW zerg and that needs to be addressed, but Stab is the last boon I'd touch if I were you. I'd say: fix the rest first then work on stab.

Necromancer

• Oppressive Collapse: This skill will require line of sight on the activation.

Hmm... Ok.. I don't entirely like it (I'm maining necro so I admit i have some bias) but it's ok.

• Sand Cascade: Reduce the base barrier granted by this skill by 33% in WvW & PvP, increase the healing power contribution by 20%, as the healing coefficient is already pretty strong.
  • Sand Flare: Reduce the base barrier granted by this skill by 25% in WvW, increase the healing power contribution by 33%.

I completely agree that the impact of barrier needs to be toned down in large scale fights but with this change your doing it on the expense of small scale.Scourge (like all necro variant) has low mobility and, with the loss of shroud as an extended HP pool, has usually a low sustain when on its own. Barrier helps counter that.Instead I would make it:

• either so that the barrier granted to the caster stays the same and the barrier granted to the party members is reduced.
  • or so that the barrier granted is scaled down if it is granted to more party members (ex: caster only: 100%, caster + 1 other 95%, caster + 2 others 90%, etc..)
  • Desert Shroud: Increase the base barrier granted by this skill by 10%, increase the healing power contribution by 15% and reduce the damage inflicted by this ability by 20% in WvW.
  • Sand Savant: We've wanted to address the target cap issue with this trait in WvW for a while, however it is an incredibly gnarly problem because this is a large functional change that would need to be preserved between game modes. This was why the cooldown split was made on this trait originally. We hear you that the trait is an issue and we're working on it. This is a tough case to crack in a manner that does not leave one mode suffering due to the changes made for another.

I would not touch DS damage that way, I would rather reduce the replication of that damage by the shade(s). That way, the AoE around the caster is still high, but it's range projection through shades is lowered.As for Shade Savant, the trait itself is fine. For large scale fights it's a requirement as it both make it easier to place your shade efficiently (the fight is dynamic so it's easier to manage 1 shade rather than 3 shades without interfering with using other skills) and so it makes also a bigger bomb (easier to manage means catching more enemies which means more damage dealt). This itself is perfectly fine IF you reduce the shade's damage replication I proposed above.For example:

• DS does 840 dmg/ticks for 7 ticks so overall 5880 dmg.
  • You spoke about reducing DS damage by 20%, so let's apply that reduction to the shade dmg output only: 672 dmg/tick for 7 ticks so overall 4704 dmg.
  • The same reducing is applied to the condis generated by the shade.That way you balance the ranged damage while keeping the "melee" damage of the scourge F skills (and that melee damage is important when having to deal with melee classes focusing on you).
  • Feast of Corruption: Reduce damage by 20% in PvP & WvW. The existing split from PvP of corrupting 2 boons is brought to WvW. This ability continues to corrupt 3 boons in PvE.
  • Devouring Darkness: Reduce damage by 20% in PvP & WvW. The existing split from PvP of corrupting 2 boons is brought to WvW. This ability continues to corrupt 3 boons in PvE.

Like I said there is too much boon flying around so reducing the boon removal capacity of the scourge is not the way to go. In large scale fight, boon removal should be the scourge #1 job. Barriers and damage is second to that: less boons means the rest of your group is more effective at dealing damage (and eles and revs are more effective than scourge at dealing huge burst damage to overloads the other team's healers - i'm speaking on a 1 to 1 comparison ofc).Balance boons first then we can talk about nerfing boon removal capacities.And if the goam was to nerf the damage output of the condis created by the boon corruption (I mean more than the 20% you annouced - i assume that it impact condis too) then instead of having 3 boon corrupted, make it so that it's 2 boons corrupted + 1 boon ripped (ie: removed but not replaced by a condi).

Last thing:

Warrior

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Endure Pain needs to be redesigned closer to Engi's Elixir S and Guardian's Renewed Focus.

I just want to make a notion regarding the change to Holosmith's Holographic shockwave.The spell has a very obvious tell and the wave also has an outward travel speed which means that if the opponent has Swiftness and does stand ~150 range away they can just move out of the 300 range AoE with probably no issues. Gutting the range by 75% effective range is problematic given that this spell has a huge heat investment and sufficient tells to avoid it by either using defensive cooldowns, dodging or interrupting the user.With the current proposition I would no longer use it without having the opponent nailed down with immobilise or CCd in the first place while I would still only use the spell when I have stability myself as it is too easily interrupted.

What I want to note about this especially is that reading through several threads the main complaints were about weird hitbox detection that caused people to still get hit by the shockwave when they dodged it. Personally I think it is more promising to look into the hit detection for a quality of life improvement as that is the major unfun element about it for the opponents of Holosmiths as I perceive it.If you are still keen on going with a range reduction you need to add tradeoffs to the skill, e.g. reducing the heat gain, reducing the cast time, improving damage as it arguably stops being a "cast and the enemy has to do something to avoid it" with a 300 range radius. I would however prefer a change to the hit detection in conjunction with dodges as that is what the problem is in my perception.

@"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048" said:Greetings again all,

Thanks for the feedback regarding the proposed changes posted last week.

Below you'll find a set of changes we're looking at which is WvW-centric, as well as a few modifications to some of the changes from the last thread. With these changes the objective is to bring the dominant builds and compositions into line and offer more build diversity to the existing meta. Because there's been some confusion, we want to clarify that we're continuing to balance for other game types, including (as some of you guessed) significant changes to the warrior's Tactics line as well as the necromancer's Death Magic line, ranger sword changes and more.

As before, this isn't the full set of changes we're preparing and this is not a call for general profession feedback.Here are a few questions to think about while looking over the potential changes:

• Would your gameplay change as a result? How?
  • Do you feel these changes would improve or worsen the state of the game?
  • Are you looking forward to these potential changes? Why?
  • What are your concerns and the consequences you expect with this set of changes?

Mesmer

• Illusion of Life: ~~Increase the cooldown of this skill from 75 to 90 seconds in PvP & WvW and reduced the duration from 15 seconds to 8 seconds of its effect in PvP & WvW ~~ Reduce the invulnerability period on revived allies. Improve the smart targeting on this skill so it can't fail in big group situations where there is someone downed and lots of people near them.
  • Chaotic Interruption: This trait has been re-worked and now reduces the cooldown of one of your weapon abilities that is already on cooldown by 5 seconds when you interrupt a foe.
  • Power Break (Mantra of Pain): This skill now requires you to face your target and respects line of sight.
  • Power Lock (Mantra of Distraction): This skill now requires you to face your target and respects line of sight.

Thanks once again for your feedback and for keeping things focused.

Sincerely,~Irenio

wow i cant even say how great it is to see that feedback gets included into planned changes. the last times we got a preview and gave feedback it didnt change anything. that is a big big step in the right direction, no matter if i agree with everything or not and it makes me so happy to see that i almost could cry. thx a lot!

also big thx for not killing illusion of life <3 its a way better change now, you could consider do make the cast a bit better visible by put an illusion of life symbol over the mesmers head when starting to cast it (like you have for guards signet of mercy) in case you think it needs more adjustment. but the skill should be fine now.

im still worried about the line of sight change because mantras already respect line of sight, so im not sure what you rly wanna do here and i hope you dont give it a nature of a projectile so it bugs out on every little culm on the ground.

for the face your target change on mantras i rly would need more informations: like do you add automatic char alignment to instant skills to make it not clunky and unfair? what happens to my mantra charge when i try to use it on someone behind me (not activating at all or goes on interrupt cd or is just completely wasted?) and what is about its aoe function, like does every target in aoe range will get hit no matter if it is in my back (as long as my main target is in front of me) or do all targets i wanna aoe hit need to be in front of me?

i dont think that mantra of distraction should only hit in front, a lot of its defensive nature gets nerfed with me not being able to interrupt gap close or ranged skills (engis rifle immobilze shot for ex.) from targets i run away from. esp when you dont implement an automatic char alignment on instant skills to make that possible fast enough without me need to use about face button in addition. i can accept it more for mantra of pain because i get, that doing high instant dmg without any counterplay and without cds during running away (being defensive) is op and makes no sense. but mantra of pain should not do high instant dmg in the first place, so the change doesnt rly solve all problems this mantra causes.

i still would prefer mantra of pain get some cds and dmg reduction or reworked to not make instant dmg (give blind instead for ex.) and you add a mantra charge symbol into mesmers buff bar again (no clue why it got removed in the first place) so enemies can see when i have a mantra charged and how many charge i have left. then you dont need to add stuff to instant skill that are not there for good reasons, because it would give instant skills an unfair diasdvantage and make them unintended unhandy esp without automatic char alignemnt added to the skills and depending on how the skill react when used on a target in the back...

what happend with the chaos strom changes? deleting the rng was a good thing. if you think its a too big nerf than add another daze on the 3. pulse or something?

still not a fan of the new ci trait, still too random. why not just replace immobilize with something else?

Revenant's Coalescence of Ruin changes take away the one mechanic that makes it satisfying to use. The changes may be better for wvw (to tone down how OP it is) and maybe even for pvp and pve (if the skill is split to have the highest damage output in those two modes, where hammer is currently weak), but it takes away the fun out of it, you know?

What if the mechanic had a reverted scaling? Higher damage in close range, lower damage in long range? (This would actually make it have better synergy with Jalis melee-oriented legend.) Or what if a secondary effect were to be added, and have that effect scale with distance instead?

The current proposal, even if more balanced, is also more generic and bland.

@"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048" said:...Because there's been some confusion, we want to clarify that we're continuing to balance for other game types, including (as some of you guessed) significant changes to the warrior's Tactics line as well as the necromancer's Death Magic line, ranger sword changes and more....As before, this isn't the full set of changes we're preparing and this is not a call for general profession feedback.

Still, may I interest you with a proposal I happened to have just written and posted on Warrior sub-forum yesterday, 'Redesigning Tactics Specialization: A Holistic Approach to Support Warrior'?

-

I'll just leave out items that I have given my feedback on in the previous post, or items that I have no problem of or particular opinion on.

Engineer

• Sneak Gyro: Increase the cooldown of this ability from 45 to 75 60 seconds in WvW.In the previous thread, I was against the entire idea of bringing up the cool down, though 60 s does seem much more reasonable.

• Holographic Shockwave: Reduced range from 600 to 300.Personally, I am glad to see this, as the scale of 'collateral damage' Holosmith could cause do seem a bit to much. Although please note that, while the description says 'Range', it actually indicates 'Radius'. Therefore I'd say you might as well fix the tooltip and bring the 'Radius' to either 240 or 360 to bring it in line with other point blank area of effect skills.

• Impact Savant: See if there is a way to include condition damage on this trait globally. Reduce the vitality loss of this trait from 300 to 180 in WvW and PvP.Good to see condition damage done by Scrapper is going to convert into Barrier.

Guardian

• Stand Your Ground: Reduce the stacks of stability granted by this ability from 5 to 3 in WvW.I am not exactly sure what is being addressed here. In practice, 5 stacks or Stability translates into ~1000 unit of movement guaranteed to be unhindered by hard CC. (One's experience might differ, of course.), while 3 would be just about enough for one to double Dodge through a choke point saturated with enemy AoE.

Though the change itself is interesting, do monitor closely if the change in effect pushes people to bring more Guardians in an organized group, or to bring in something else instead, such as Frontline Herald, so that your original objective, i.e. to promote build and class diversity, would be accomplished. It would probably also help if you slightly improve skills of other classes that also grant Stability to a group of allies, say, Darkrazor's Daring, Inspiring Reinforcement, etc., or add Stability to skills of other classes that are under redesign, such as Warrior's Charge.

• Sanctuary: Increase number of enemies that can be knocked back by this skill from 10 to 20 before it expires.In the previous thread I suggested adding Blinding to the skill, as the AoE is a Light field. On second thought, it would probably break the identity by doing so, as the skill is intended to keep enemies outside of a designated area.

My assessment on the practicality of the utility in WvW group fight remains negative, though. I could hardly think of any reason to bring in a skill that, a) for a 75 s cooldown and occupying a utility slot, only provides an insignificant amount of Healing, and b) requires allies to stay within a relatively small area in order to receive its full effect.

It does, however, have something unique and potentially useful, or even powerful, which is its ability to continuously Knock-back enemies, not just at the edge/ring of the area, but also from inside of it, stripping off 1 stacks of Stability for every second enemies staying in the area. That is some sizable CC pressure/area denial. It could be useful in small scale fight that, when an enemy or ally is downed, one may cast Sanctuary on the player to secure a stomp or revival. However, it is not the case when the scale of the fight scales up, when range AoE pressure is so high to the extend that it would be impractical to stay within a small, fixed location over time.

To make the skill desirable universally across different scale of combat, I'd propose the following.

Buff:

1. Make it pulse Protection (to make the skill a more desirable pick)
  2. Increase the Skill Coefficient of Healing Power (to make the skill a more desirable pick)
  3. Increase the Radius to 240 (to address the aforementioned problem of being required to sit within a tight area while facing enemy AoE pressure)
  4. Reduce the cooldown to 60 s or even less. (to make it worth a Utility slot; the skill at the moment is close to proto-Elite)

Nerf:

1. Reduce the base duration from 6 s to 5 s (to balance against the buffs above and to bring it in line with other utility skills)
  2. Cancel ground-targeting and make the skill a Point Blank Area of Effect, which is fixed to the position of the Guardian the moment being cast, instead of following the Guardian around. (So that people use the skill as it should be -- a sanctuary, instead of being placed offensively at the chokepoint, etc, where no ally would dare to move through, not to mention to even stay within. This, combined with teleport provided by Meditation, could become a new play style.)

Mesmer

• Illusion of Life: ~~Increase the cooldown of this skill from 75 to 90 seconds in PvP & WvW and reduced the duration from 15 seconds to 8 seconds of its effect in PvP & WvW ~~ Reduce the invulnerability period on revived allies. Improve the smart targeting on this skill so it can't fail in big group situations where there is someone downed and lots of people near them.I would not say it is a good idea to reduce the invulnerable period specifically for this skill. People are familiar with the resurrection mechanics and knows to utilize it, only preemptively dodging and cast Stability near the end of the period. You'd seriously mess up the people's timing if the change is implemented, as in the visual mess of combat no one would have the luxury to check what source exactly resurrected them, particularly when the effect UI is already a mess.

Necromancer

• Oppressive Collapse: This skill will require line of sight on the activation.Less disrespect to line of sight is always better. PRAISE LINE OF SIGHT!

• Sand Cascade: Reduce the base barrier granted by this skill by 33% in WvW & PvP, increase the healing power contribution by 20%, as the healing coefficient is already pretty strong.

• Sand Flare: Reduce the base barrier granted by this skill by 25% in WvW, increase the healing power contribution by 33%.

• Desert Shroud: Increase the base barrier granted by this skill by 10%, increase the healing power contribution by 15% and reduce the damage inflicted by this ability by 20% in WvW.Thank you so much for raising the overall Coefficient of Healing Power for these skills. Though I'd also suggest reducing the Life Force cost of Sand Cascade by 33% as well to retain a 1:1 Life Force to Barrier ratio. Also, for reference, after the change, it would take ~800 Healing Power to bring the Barrier up to its previous effectiveness, which is not a small number.

Regarding Sand Flare, please notice that, inconsistency between the Skill Coefficient of Healing Power in effect (1.739) and in tooltip (1.5125) has been reported on the Wiki page, which I think should be verified before further adjustment is implemented.

Revenant

• Coalescence of Ruin: This skill would no longer deals increased damage with successive impacts; instead it deals damage equal to what was previously the middle impact damage. Damage remains split between game modes. A red warning rectangle visible to enemies has been added to this skill.I'd still very much hate to see it changed. As I put it in the previous thread:@Virtuality.8351 said:Personally I'd be sad to see this change implemented. The entire point of Revenant (or more specifically, Power Herald) in a group is its long range non-projectile damage pressure, with which nothing else comes close, and now you are killing it. Just do not touch it if you still want to see this class relevant.The red rectangle for better visual indicator would not help much in practice since A. the field does not pulse, B. there is only a one second time frame between the first impact and the third, C. the first and the second impacts in an actual combat scenario will be covered up by all other AoE flying all over, around and between, reducing it to mere visual noise, and D. it would look similar to Dragon Banner AoE, causing people to make wrong judgement.Plus, what you are doing at the moment is literally to add a special warning sign to something that has been threatening to this day (though unlike Scourge, without any unique mechanic that requires specific indication), while on the other hand making it much less threatening.

Warrior

• Charge: This skill would only removes movement impairing conditions and then increases the damage of affected allies' next 2 attacks by 25% in PvE and PvP and 10% in WvW in addition to its previous effects. Increase swiftness duration from 10 seconds to 15 seconds. This skill becomes a blast finisher.
  • Quick Breathing: Thinking of kicking re-working it a bit to pair with the warhorn skill changes so they feel more cohesive. Continues to increase number of targets for warhorn skills from 5 to 10 and causes warhorn skills to grant an additional boon instead of reducing the cooldown (Fury for Charge and Resistance for Call to Arms). Grant +120 Concentration.Since you just decided to lower the Stability count on Guardian's Shout, this would be a good chance to bring Support Warrior into the competition by adding Stability instead of Fury when traited with 'Quick Breathing'. Just 3 stacks would do (reason for the estimation the same as stated in my comment on the change of Guardian's Shout skill).

It'd also help set the theme. To quote myself in another thread:

@Virtuality.8351 said:I would so much like to see Stability be added to Charge, so that people actually use it preemptively before clashing into melee, instead of afterward trying to get out of the hot zones. Nowadays, the skill is used more like how Guardian's 'Retreat!' is meant to be (yet mostly is not). Such inconsistency between the actual application of the skill and the intended function suggested by the text always makes me chuckle.

What i'd like to see for WvW balance changes :

General:

• Remove healing/toughness stats combos or reduce the healing over time players get from supports.
  • Remove condi/vitality/tougness stats combos
  • Reduce effectiveness of aoe skills when stacking them on top of each other.

Better for small skilled roaming groups taking on unskilled larger groups by getting more effective focus fire.

Mounts:

• HP of mounts downed to 1K - 3k hp (stop knoking ppl down when dismounted)
  • Remove third dodge on mount make it go a bit futher instead.
  • Remove stomping with mounts

Buffs:

• Remove food and utility in wvw (this just unbalance the game mode even more)
  • Remove Guild objective auras outside of the keeps and in camps. (this just unbalance the game mode even more)

Stealth :

• Remove perma stealth.

Necro:

• Replace sand savant by a more supporty trait. Scourge issue is not the amount of corrupt it has but rather his impact on the battle fields. Pvp players manage to play with the smaler shades, it take more skill, hits fiewer persons and it is easier to play around for the enemy.
  • Removing damage on necro scepter is bad (corruption in line with pvp is fine), it push core necro in a even worse spot. Boon spaming (#firebrand) should be looked at instead.
  • Please remove harbringer shroud it's bad no one will ever use that !
  • Fix dark path tracking plz.
  • Other listed changes are fine.

Firebrand:-Poops out to much boons in every competitive game mode

Gardian:

• Judge's intervention should be ground targeted forcing ppl to have los to burst but allowing for better kiting.

Engineer:

• Make utility giro works like before and put the reveal there like before.- Chemical Field: This skill is replaced by Detection Pulse (from the old Sneak Gyro elite toolbelt) as the toolbelt skill for Purge Gyro. Just no ! The poison field is nice for downed state control and the utility giro was way better before revert that change.
  • Reduce the amount of sustain scrapper has and instead give it ways to stick to his target making him a bruiser class. Like it was originaly intended with last changes instead of locking it into a skilless bunker style.
  • Holo changes are nice changes.
  • Core engi still need's help.

Elementalist:

• Alow tempest to have shared stability

Warrior:

• Fine

Thief:

• Fine if stealth is looked at.
  • Steal need los

Ranger:

• Lowering longbow damage seem's fair in open space places like wvw.

Revenant:

• Changes are fine
  • Need Los for teleports

Mesmer:

• Mirage god mode dodge on clones is a design problem.

Kind regards,Me

Impact Savant: See if there is a way to include condition damage on this trait globally. Reduce the vitality loss of this trait from 300 to 180 in WvW and PvP.

Logging into the forums for the first time in 5+ years just to say thank you for this change. I really loved roaming on condi scrapper and I hope this will make it viable again.

Why are you doing that to your Revenants? I personally enjoy playing my Power Herald ,but its getting worse and worse. Its my main class, but its gotten so bad that nobody would take me into fracs, raids or at least stay in the pvp match if they play with a herald.... even if im doing more damage than most of the others.
And now you are going to screw Herald in WvW over too? ITS THE LAST RETREAT POINT FOR US HERALDS! THE HAMMER IS ALL WE HAVE

@Virdo.1540 said:Why are you doing that to your Revenants? I personally enjoy playing my Power Herald ,but its getting worse and worse. Its my main class, but its gotten so bad that nobody would take me into fracs, raids or at least stay in the pvp match if they play with a herald.... even if im doing more damage than most of the others.

And now you are going to screw Herald in WvW over too? ITS THE LAST RETREAT POINT FOR US HERALDS! THE HAMMER IS ALL WE HAVE

except perma output of boons, i'm sure you really need that 15k aoe crit without telegraphed aoe on a 4s cd on the hammer. there is really nothing herald has...

All I going to say is this, - I have quit playing Mesmer due to, way to many line of sight errors due to invisible barriers in WvW and elsewhere, but WvW predominantly.

Either fix the invisible barriers issue - or take line of sight away.

When my Asura can reach out and touch an enemy, but there are line of sight errors, when I attack, this is not acceptable under any circumstances

Since stab support is being brought down just a wee bit on Guardian, here are some ideas on how to diversify it and offer it from other classes:

REVENANT-Versed in Stone: Rite of the Great Dwarf reduces incoming condition damage as well. When you use an elite skill, grant stability to nearby allies. (3x stab, 360 radius, 5 targets, 30-45s cooldown). [No longer offers passive RotGD or toughness>>power conversion.](Putting this in Retribution forces DPS Revenants away from the big damage modifiers of Invocation or Devastation while also giving an alternative to Invocation for healer Revenants.)

ELEMENTALIST-Earth's Embrace: Now in the master major tier. In addition to its previous effect, grant Lesser Armor of Earth (3x stab + prot) to nearby allies when using Armor of Earth.-Rock Solid: Now in the master minor tier.-Earthen Blast: Now in the adept major tier.(This allows for the player to take prot on auras and a wee bit of stab on attuning/overloading to Earth, as well as giving the option of a solid AoE stab application if they choose to take Armor of Earth as a utility skill.)

DRUID-Glyph of Equality: Additionally, this skill applies stability (3x) to affected allies. [CA Form only](This would obviously require a massive rework to the spec to ever justify bringing. For one, I would like for Verdant Etching to increase the target cap to 10 instead of applying the Seed of Life.)

Superior Rune of Antitoxin: Change it so that instead of increasing outgoing condition cleanses by one it instead increases incoming condition cleanses by one, thus only affecting the wielder, but allowing it to scale up with external cleanses.

Does this mean it will only work when others apply cleanses to you?OR it will only affect you with your own cleanses?Because if its the former then the runes will be useless for solo play.

I would like to bring up these points again as I believe the rest are good enough

Feast of Corruption: Reduce damage by 20% in PvP & WvW. The existing split from PvP of corrupting 2 boons is brought to WvW. This ability continues to corrupt 3 boons in PvE.Both changes are unnecessary and bad. The strike damage is already low and a single target corruption on 900 range does not need this nerf. You affect small scale balance here which you shouldnt.

Devouring Darkness: Reduce damage by 20% in PvP & WvW. The existing split from PvP of corrupting 2 boons is brought to WvW. This ability continues to corrupt 3 boons in PvE.Same as above except I do agree with the corruption reduced to 2 when this trait in equipped.

with that out of the way I would like to thank you for trying to make support warrior viable but you will need to look at the very weak support traitline Tactics and how weak banners and shouts are for support in wvw. While warhorn is going to be powerful it is not enough to make the playstyle viable. Warrior needs buffs to its other shouts and/or shout traits and I suggest a bit of both. also warrior lacks boons to share such as regen protection and raw healing. Make every condition removed or boon granted heal the affected target/s.

second point is the stability shave from guardian. the amount of CC has not changed unlike stability. we understand the shave in stability stacks but you should redistribute the lost 10 stacks of stability to another skill and/or classes that can help open up their support build options further.

lastly Holosmith nerfs are healthy but I believe you should either compensate Holographic Shockwave for the huge nerf because of how telegraphed it is or keep the range between 350 to 400 as 300 is too small and could instead use a harder hitting skill at that point instead

thank you for trying to help the game mode

peace o/