[Mirage][Raids] Axe vs Scepter

Omnicron.2467

Hi everyone!

I am busy trying to learn Condi Mirage. I noticed that on Snowcrows; website that the build uses only an axe and not a scepter. From what I understand the point of the mirage build is to apply a lot of confusion, and the axe does not give confusion whereas the scepter does. Is scepter not used because the ambush skill of the scepter along with the skill 3 has a long channel time that makes it lower dps than the axe?

But even on largos, if the overal group DPS is bad, axe pulls ahead(talking in general). So as it has been said screpter is easier and can be used on bosses where mirage is meta except Matthias, but a mirage who knows how to execute a proper rotation on Axe will pull ahead on most bosses

@Omnicron.2467 said:But why? Is it because scepter is slow? Because you should get more confusion from scepter

Scepter is better at producing confusion but confusion is only part of damage you do. Axe does less damage from confusion but much more from other sources. For example look at ambush skills of axe and scepter

Axe does 3 the damage from player and 2 from clone

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

@Omnicron.2467 said:But why? Is it because scepter is slow? Because you should get more confusion from scepter

Scepter is better at producing confusion but confusion is only part of damage you do. Axe does less damage from confusion but much more from other sources. For example look at ambush skills of axe and scepter

Axe does 3
the damage from player and 2
from clone