Glyph of Reaping not working [Merged]

@LucianDK.8615 said:It wouldve been far more problematic to disable home instance plots. Especially since 2 have been available for years, a completely unfeasible change to ask for. And ascended food is their new hot thing, of course they are not going to disable that. Especially in the wake of the recent instance sharing causing prices to plummet until it was fixed. With the glyph of reaping threatening to undo the fix and make problems again.

I can only imagine they are working on redesigning the glyph to work properly. May not be as straightforward as you think, gw2 is after all full of spaghetti code. Be glad a fix is coming and you aren't going to wait years for a bug fix.

The easiest most sensible solution would be to turn off ascended plants until they worked with glyphs. Not denying people glyphys that worked just fine before ascended plants became a thing, and for which people paid good money for, expecting the glyphs to work. Someone did not have their thinking hat on when they came up with this silly solution to wait two weeks for them to figure out how to make ascended plant reaping work properly with the Reaping glyph, when limiting factors as to who owns an ascended plot/ has the chef mastery or not.

@CuChulainn.5940 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:It wouldve been far more problematic to disable home instance plots. Especially since 2 have been available for years, a completely unfeasible change to ask for. And ascended food is their new hot thing, of course they are not going to disable that. Especially in the wake of the recent instance sharing causing prices to plummet until it was fixed. With the glyph of reaping threatening to undo the fix and make problems again.

I can only imagine they are working on redesigning the glyph to work properly. May not be as straightforward as you think, gw2 is after all full of spaghetti code. Be glad a fix is coming and you aren't going to wait years for a bug fix.

The easiest most sensible solution would be to turn off ascended plants until they worked with glyphs. Not denying people glyphys that worked just fine before ascended plants became a thing, and for which people paid good money for, expecting the glyphs to work. Someone did not have their thinking hat on when they came up with this silly solution to wait two weeks for them to figure out how to make ascended plant reaping work properly with the Reaping glyph, when limiting factors as to who owns an ascended plot/ has the chef mastery or not.

That is absolutely not the most sensible solution, there would be a huge outcry against it, vs just a relatively few in comparision with the glyph. No,you are the least evil here im afraid. Just wait till next update.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

That is absolutely not the most sensible solution, there would be a huge outcry against it, vs just a relatively few in comparision with the glyph. No,you are the least evil here im afraid. Just wait till next update.

Pardon? We all lived quite well with out ascended plant production, for many the past 7 years. It is a new feature that apparently is half baked and not working as intended. Arenanet also made Glyphs, which did and do work as intended, but for many, is a small minor glitch when it comes to ascended compatibility issues that arose from a new update.

You're telling me it is better to deny people who have paid good money for an item they purchased and have used as intended, the use of said item for upwards of a fortnight, rather than turn off a minor feature that needs repairing? My solution does not mean the denial of home instance plots as you suggest, only that " ascended" plot use be put on hold until they come up with a solution that is not half baked. You bring up moral equivocation into the equation.? I question your intellectual honesty sir and I say good day to you.

@CuChulainn.5940 said:

Pardon? We all lived quite well with out ascended plant production, for many the past 7 years. It is a new feature that apparently is half baked and not working as intended. Arenanet also made Glyphs, which did and do work as intended, but for many, is a small minor glitch when it comes to ascended compatibility issues that arose from a new update.

You're telling me it is better to deny people who have paid good money for an item they purchased and have used as intended, the use of said item for upwards of a fortnight, rather than turn off a minor feature that needs repairing? My solution does not mean the denial of home instance plots as you suggest, only that " ascended" plot use be put on hold until they come up with a solution that is not half baked. You bring up moral equivocation into the equation.? I question your intellectual honesty sir and I say good day to you.

As just said above, a lot more have paid money for the plots as well and having them for -years-, its far more important to keep those working. instead of disabling them. So no, the argument doesnt work there. And plots are -not- a minor feature, I grow my primers. You just gotta wait, and Anet clearly agrees that shutting off the glyph is the better situation.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

As just said above, a lot more have paid money for the plots as well and having them for -years-, its far more important to keep those working. instead of disabling them. So no, the argument doesnt work there. And plots are -not- a minor feature, I grow my primers. You just gotta wait, and Anet clearly agrees that shutting off the glyph is the better situation.

You need to do a little reading comprehension mate. No where did I say plots should be turned off. Only the ascended plant portion needs to be disabled until they make a proper fix. READ and UNDERSTAND what you're talking about. My solution is more than viable it is appropriate for everyone.

anet is not going to appease the few glyph owners, ascended cooking his their new lovechild. Judging from the wait till next patch, its not rated as a severe issue. Many have use of ascended feasts. And would be impacted by it turned off, no, you can absolutely not expect it to be turned off to appease you. The last ill say on the matter.

Three plots. 2 paid for with real life money, just as the harvesting tools were. One earned.

Here's the problem: Turning off only the plots that can grow ascended foodstuffs means turning off ALL of the plots. This affects the people who have been planting for non-ascended foodstuffs, dyes, and primers - it affects everyone who bought these plots. Turning off the glyph is inconvenient, yes. I'll miss mine for the next couple of weeks and the speedy harvesting it gave me... but the 1000 gem plots that have been working just fine for the last year or so trumps the 1000 gem gathering tool that has been out for mere weeks.

@Linken.6345 said:

@AriaFiresong.7023 said:Why disable anything at all? The point of collecting the nodes is to be able to share them. Seems like enabling things is the right and proper way.

Apparently ascended seeds are not supposed to be shared.

Doesn't make sense. Ascended food is by design shareable, so no fault in the materials shared. If they don't want it to persist past a day, put an expiration on the plants themselves.

@AriaFiresong.7023 said:

@AriaFiresong.7023 said:Why disable anything at all? The point of collecting the nodes is to be able to share them. Seems like enabling things is the right and proper way.

Apparently ascended seeds are not supposed to be shared.

Doesn't make sense. Ascended food is by design shareable, so no fault in the materials shared. If they don't want it to persist past a day, put an expiration on the plants themselves.

The issue was that others could come in and loot your ascended seeds and you did not have to replant them. There was people letting their entire guild in to loot them. And you had no more expenses in replanting them, as long you didnt loot them yourself. Then anet made them unlootable by others, but glyph of reaping bypassed that.When the seeds could be shared, the prices of them plummeted. Now they are much more valuable again.

Assuming the reason the glyph was disabled is what is suggested above, disabling all glyph of reaping on all types of harvesting tools, was an extreme over reaching to the situation. Other bugs have been allowed to ride while the issue got fixed. Why not this one? How was this exploit so bad that it justified this action / inconvenience to all of us for 10 days?

You know, aside from alternatively deactivating the plots, which I'll admit is just as bad, all other suggestions in this thread would be better than the current solution. Deactivating ascended plants and seeds, even going so far as to taking all of these of the TP and sending them back to the sellers would be better than deactivating the glyph. Why? Because the former are played for, the latter are paid for. With REAL LIFE MONEY! Simple as that, end of discussion. At least almost...

The thing is, the player base can basically be devided into two groups: the players (majority) and the payers (minority). These two groups live in somewhat of a symbiotic relationship. The players can't stay without the payers. The payers won't stay without the players. If you take away enough shinies or just that one wrong shiny from a player, he/she will leave. With much less hesitation than a payer, because a payer has much more invested into the game, literally.

So, @LucianDK.8615 is right, they're not going to change it, but not for the reasons he stated. It's because it would impact A LOT of players, while the current solution only impacts the payers, and not even all of us (oh, yes, in case you didn't gather: I'm a payer). The risk of losing players by deactivating all things related to ascended harvesting was simply too high, while the risk of losing payers by deactivating the glyph was fairly low. How do I know that? Because I'm still here and I bought my 5 Shared Inventory Slots yesterday. We payers, we're fools, but necessary fools.

Here's the silver lining: we payers, we should be thanking ANet, because in the end what counts most is keeping the game healthy. And the current solution best serves that purpose.

I have a rule in life which I try my best to live by and I'm going to modify for this discussion: the key to a happy game, is a happy player. And just as irl, that sometimes means that the payer has to bite the sour apple.

@Shep.4026 said:You know, aside from alternatively deactivating the plots, which I'll admit is just as bad, all other suggestions in this thread would be better than the current solution. Deactivating ascended plants and seeds, even going so far as to taking all of these of the TP and sending them back to the sellers would be better than deactivating the glyph. Why? Because the former are played for, the latter are paid for. With REAL LIFE MONEY! Simple as that, end of discussion. At least almost...

The thing is, the player base can basically be devided into two groups: the players (majority) and the payers (minority). These two groups live in somewhat of a symbiotic relationship. The players can't stay without the payers. The payers won't stay without the players. If you take away enough shinies or just that one wrong shiny from a player, he/she will leave. With much less hesitation than a payer, because a payer has much more invested into the game, literally.

So, @LucianDK.8615 is right, they're not going to change it, but not for the reasons he stated. It's because it would impact A LOT of players, while the current solution only impacts the payers, and not even all of us (oh, yes, in case you didn't gather: I'm a payer). The risk of losing players by deactivating all things related to ascended harvesting was simply too high, while the risk of losing payers by deactivating the glyph was fairly low. How do I know that? Because I'm still here and I bought my 5 Shared Inventory Slots yesterday. We payers, we're fools, but necessary fools.

Here's the silver lining: we payers, we should be thanking ANet, because in the end what counts most is keeping the game healthy. And the current solution best serves that purpose.

I have a rule in life which I try my best to live by and I'm going to modify for this discussion: the key to a happy game, is a happy player. And just as irl, that sometimes means that the payer has to bite the sour apple.

Dont forget that two of the three plots are paid for as well. Hence why the whole disabling plots idea is ludricrous compared to merely disabling a glyph only a minority have. And the plots have just become more widespread with the free one, that likely inspired more to buy the last 2 plots.

Yeah I'll relax. NOT!Unacceptable. Too much time disabled.No update on that post whatsoever."Thank you for your patience"

People say the other solution was far worse... but no matter what solution you choose, you have damage done to your players. My skyscale is pretty much useless for 10 days... And they need THAT long to fix the issue? Unbelievable.

On the 17th, the SECOND after reset, it better work or I want my 1000 gems back!!!

I am furious about this decision.

If you disable expensive tools for that long of a period of time, you should also be prepaired to compensate your customers for the inconvenience. PERIOD

@"Tuna Bandit.3786" said:Yeah I'll relax. NOT!Unacceptable. Too much time disabled.No update on that post whatsoever."Thank you for your patience"

People say the other solution was far worse... but no matter what solution you choose, you have damage done to your players. My skyscale is pretty much useless for 10 days... And they need THAT long to fix the issue? Unbelievable.

On the 17th, the SECOND after reset, it better work or I want my 1000 gems back!!!

I am furious about this decision.

If you disable expensive tools for that long of a period of time, you should also be prepaired to compensate your customers for the inconvenience. PERIOD

You wont get it the second of reset to the 17 they dont start working untill about 7 hours after reset.

That was a typo on my part. Update I ment to say.But still, I am not happy at all. Customer support on this issue is poor, very poor.

They said "Disabled, fixed by the 17th" and that is IT.

A 1000 gem tool... disabled for 10 whole days without much info... Not even an appology or anything... just disabled and "thank you for understanding"

I bet the ONLY news we get the 17th is "It works again" and that's it...

Deeply dissapointed about this, and the result it, that I like will think twice before buying an item like this again.My consumer's trust in Anet has dropped significantly due to this issue.