Armorsmithing mystery

Fleabite.7528

Am Armorsmith 500, and was tinkering with Discovery today to clear out the last few recipes.

Globs of Ectoplasm is showing 48(!) undiscovered items at 350+ though with no other ingredients flagged in my fairly extensive inventory. It's not linen, silk or gossamer patches (so not insignias I think) and I'm scratching my head about what these 48 recipes might be.

Thoughts much appreciated.

You can see a list of all the armorsmithing recipes which use ectoplasm here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glob_of_Ectoplasm/Armorsmith

Ones which require a recipe can be ignored, because those don't show on the discovery tab. I suspect it's the ones that use Ineffable insignias which you're missing. They're easy to miss because they were added relatively late in the game's life and the insignia is expensive to make and they're only useful for making equipment for a lower level character.

There are also "missing" recipes for low-level "levelling" gear (exotics for lowbies). The bottom two tiers of materials will show things available but there's no discoverable recipes.

See this discussion, oriented on tailoring. You might recognise one of the participants.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/50788/tailor-recipe-discovery-problem

@Fleabite.7528 said:Am Armorsmith 500, and was tinkering with Discovery today to clear out the last few recipes.

Globs of Ectoplasm is showing 48(!) undiscovered items at 350+ though with no other ingredients flagged in my fairly extensive inventory. It's not linen, silk or gossamer patches (so not insignias I think) and I'm scratching my head about what these 48 recipes might be.

Where are you getting the count? I don't think I've seen that in game.

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:

@"Fleabite.7528" said:Am Armorsmith 500, and was tinkering with Discovery today to clear out the last few recipes.

Go to the discovery tab and put the item (Ectos in this case) in one of the boxes, and look below - it shows how many undiscovered recipes there are for this item (pedantically, for the combination of items selected), as well as the level of the lowest-level not-yet-discovered discoverable recipe, or a blue/black symbol and a "This looks like something" text.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"Fleabite.7528" said:Am Armorsmith 500, and was tinkering with Discovery today to clear out the last few recipes.

Go to the discovery tab and put the item (Ectos in this case) in one of the boxes, and look below - it shows how many undiscovered recipes there are for this item (pedantically, for the combination of items selected), as well as the level of the lowest-level not-yet-discovered discoverable recipe, or a blue/black symbol and a "This looks like something" text.

Thanks. 10 min after I posted I logged on and found it in game.

Thoughts much appreciated.Check out this listhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glob_of_Ectoplasm/Armorsmith

I'm wondering if the # you are shown is limited to just discoverable recipes or is actually showing all others. Definitely only counts discovery recipes