teleport to friend recharge-is this normal?

I bought the recharging teleport to friends for two alt accounts as they didn't have a ton built up like my main and I noticed when I logged on this afternoon that they hadn't recharged but still had 45 mins left, so apparently they only recharge while you're online, is this a bug or normal? Because if this is working as intended I'm obviously going to submit a request for refund because I can't sit on alts for an hour waiting for my teleport to friend to recharge every time i use it.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Use this item to teleport to a party member's location.One-hour cooldown. Can only be used by characters level 10 or greater.— In-game description

From the Wiki (and in-game).

Yes but if the cooldown stops when you log off a 1 hour cool down could very well be weeks cool down. So I feel like there needs to be some new clarification on the item before people buy it.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:This is normal and intended. On the other side, things like boosters also stop their countdown timer when you log off, allowing you to actually use them instead of letting them go to waste when you exit your game for something else.

Thank you for this info, definitely getting a refund on both.

If you do not play that account very much I would say use the teleport to friend, play for however long you do, then switch to whatever account you play... then... when you are done, just log in the other account and the time run to reset the teleporter. If you need to, just log in and go to bed - by morning the teleporter will be reset.

I am curious how often people teleport to friends? I have never had an occasion to use any of the freebies they give us.