Change how you rank pls

Psycoprophet.8107

Why is the ranking system such garbage? U can literally get 3 or 4 top stats every game,win most 1v1's full cap 5 or 6 times all in one match and still lose most games and get a garbage rank in the end cuz ur win to loss ratio. Why bother even trying if ur rank is more dependent on the other 4 players than ur own skill? U could play ur first 10 matches as a player that has little clue as to the game and have a 8 win 2 loss record or a great player that wasn't so lucky on match ups and have a 8 loss 2 win record. I am by all means not saying I'm a great player but the methods used for player ranking in this game are more luck and rng based than skill with regards to player ranking. Un ranked it's fine and of course I am not putting anyone down if their not a great player yet etc and I'm not a great player myself and everyone starts somewhere but a ranked pvp mode should award players ranked based on their skill not their teammates skill,that's garbage. I get it's a team based game but I'm sure there's a better way to rank individual players that play with RANDOM groups than for all players to be ranked by the sum of the group as this only makes sense if pre made groups were in play but seeing as u can't choose ur group ur individual ranking should not be dependent on randoms. Who the ...... at arenet thought that was a good method of ranking?

It pains me too to lose rating when my team plays like ****, however to me this only proves that current rating system could have never worked with Solo/Duo Ques, it proves Team Que should have never been removed as in the current state you are at mercy of being rated according to how well your team did while being prevented from playing as one. It just makes no sense whatsoever.

Not even Duo-que solves that, thats just too little, a bandaid.

I am by no means for awarding rating according for top stats, but Anet if we cant play as a team then do not rate us as if we were one.

I’ve found there is a lot that goes into losing a match. And that is where people should focus rather than on “how to win.” People think there is some magic trick they can do to solo carry. Sometimes that’s true but often the “team” sucks because you aren’t working well together.

1) Lack of coordination. Rotation only works if your team can pull off the rotation. If one person goes home and two people each on mid far to a full enemy team zerging, you will lose. You need to rotate smartly out of losing fights and in support of decaps.

2) Lack of communication. Targets need to be priority based on threat level and ease of kill. You need to be able to focus down a target before they kill you. I’ve found people aren’t sure who to focus and actively ignore the Holo or Soulbeast in favor of a necro or other target that should be second priority.

3) Lack of team strategy. Teams need more strategy to be more team like. I recently had a game where my team was losing badly, on Capricorn. Nothing to lose so I took a gamble and 1v1ed their FB on far. Before, my team hadn’t been getting kills because their FB was there and they had blood scourge as well. Lo and behold, their team wasn’t smart or concerned enough to rotate into their FB and their FB didn’t want to give up their only cap. End result, we wiped their team and were able to come back by 100+ points...until my team stupidly rotated into my tactical 1v1 and got themselves killed in the scourge-FB combo support.

4) Teams need to be told what to do. You stand on point, you decap, you do X. So many times teams fall apart when the entire team rotates off point...and the enemy not only decaps but full caps points you won control of less than 30 seconds before. Uncontested capping is the result of people not volunteering or being told where to stand. And you need to tell them. Because if no one speaks up your odds of that happening go up a lot.

5) Trash talking teammates. Your team won’t be as successful if you have that one person who believes they, gold X player, are the chosen one, and other person (ranked at least as high or higher than them) are a no nothing pleb, and let’s everyone know it over and over again...your team will not do well. It breeds resentment, poor gameplay and above all interferes with the things above, which will make your team lose, 100%.

@saerni.2584 said:I’ve found there is a lot that goes into losing a match. And that is where people should focus rather than on “how to win.” People think there is some magic trick they can do to solo carry. Sometimes that’s true but often the “team” sucks because you aren’t working well together.

1) Lack of coordination. Rotation only works if your team can pull off the rotation. If one person goes home and two people each on mid far to a full enemy team zerging, you will lose. You need to rotate smartly out of losing fights and in support of decaps.

2) Lack of communication. Targets need to be priority based on threat level and ease of kill. You need to be able to focus down a target before they kill you. I’ve found people aren’t sure who to focus and actively ignore the Holo or Soulbeast in favor of a necro or other target that should be second priority.

3) Lack of team strategy. Teams need more strategy to be more team like. I recently had a game where my team was losing badly, on Capricorn. Nothing to lose so I took a gamble and 1v1ed their FB on far. Before, my team hadn’t been getting kills because their FB was there and they had blood scourge as well. Lo and behold, their team wasn’t smart or concerned enough to rotate into their FB and their FB didn’t want to give up their only cap. End result, we wiped their team and were able to come back by 100+ points...until my team stupidly rotated into my tactical 1v1 and got themselves killed in the scourge-FB combo support.

4) Teams need to be told what to do. You stand on point, you decap, you do X. So many times teams fall apart when the entire team rotates off point...and the enemy not only decaps but full caps points you won control of less than 30 seconds before. Uncontested capping is the result of people not volunteering or being told where to stand. And you need to tell them. Because if no one speaks up your odds of that happening go up a lot.

5) Trash talking teammates. Your team won’t be as successful if you have that one person who believes they, gold X player, are the chosen one, and other person (ranked at least as high or higher than them) are a no nothing pleb, and let’s everyone know it over and over again...your team will not do well. It breeds resentment, poor gameplay and above all interferes with the things above, which will make your team lose, 100%.

Agreed 100% bit my point is if u play great and ur random team doesn't or if 2 or so outa 5 doesn't than due to losses ur rank is negatively effected which it shouldn't be.

I can see why wintrading etc is popular, doesnt really matter how good u are with the current rating system, just rng on how good ur teammates are goona be. Nothin like getting tons of full caps,most kills, offence and defense and winning almost every fight during a match to still lose it and watch ur rating drop lmao another quality decision by anet.

In a team based game you will never rank solely on your own merits.

You can carry an entire team with a duo, and boost yourself some strategic queuing.

IMO GW2 should never have been designed for a 5v5 team based game in mind.It would have been easier to balance, drawn more viewership, and would have put that good feeling flow of combat system to use; without sacrificing anything for the sake of an e-sport that was bound to be abandoned.

@Daishi.6027 said:In a team based game you will never rank solely on your own merits.

You can carry an entire team with a duo, and boost yourself some strategic queuing.

IMO GW2 should never have been designed for a 5v5 team based game in mind.It would have been easier to balance, drawn more viewership, and would have put that good feeling flow of combat system to use; without sacrificing anything for the sake of an e-sport that was bound to be abandoned.

Kills, assists, recaps and full caps all should atributes to a point system that combines to a person's rank not just games won which is just a lazy way for a ranking system that doesn't allow pre made teams resulting in random teammates therefore as far as ranking goes random ranks.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Daishi.6027 said:In a team based game you will never rank solely on your own merits.

Kills, assists, recaps and full caps all should atributes to a point system that combines to a person's rank not just games won which is just a lazy way for a ranking system that doesn't allow pre made teams resulting in random teammates therefore as far as ranking goes random ranks.

I mean.... I don't fully disagree, however doing that is going to cause people to make choices for their personal rank, possibly to the detriment of the team.I can understand why that would want to be avoided.

That said, fundamentally I don't think you are wrong. That; along with various other factors, is why I don't think the game type should have been designed the way it was.

@saerni.2584 said:I’ve found there is a lot that goes into losing a match. And that is where people should focus rather than on “how to win.” People think there is some magic trick they can do to solo carry. Sometimes that’s true but often the “team” sucks because you aren’t working well together.

So much of this ^

Also people leaving freshly recapped home without looking behind and get decapped 5s later. No need to rush mid after a cap if it looks fine on minimap. And if it looks dreadful, just don't go feeding mid.

I frequently get 4-5 top stats in games my team loses badly. This doesn't mean I am a top tier player losing unfairly and suffering rank loss as a result of no fault of mine or a bad ranking system. It means the other team is more balanced and strategic. It may mean the other players on my team are inexperienced and if so, I failed to do my job in communicating and leading them with sound strategy suggestions and encouragement. (and basically following Saerni's advice above). Getting a bunch of top stats when your team is solid and all players play well and you barely beat the other team in a well-fought match is an accomplishment.

@Gavin of Ravenhurst.8546 said:I frequently get 4-5 top stats in games my team loses badly. This doesn't mean I am a top tier player losing unfairly and suffering rank loss as a result of no fault of mine or a bad ranking system. It means the other team is more balanced and strategic. It may mean the other players on my team are inexperienced and if so, I failed to do my job in communicating and leading them with sound strategy suggestions and encouragement. (and basically following Saerni's advice above). Getting a bunch of top stats when your team is solid and all players play well and you barely beat the other team in a well-fought match is an accomplishment.

Yeah that's it lmao

@Gavin of Ravenhurst.8546 said:I frequently get 4-5 top stats in games my team loses badly. This doesn't mean I am a top tier player losing unfairly and suffering rank loss as a result of no fault of mine or a bad ranking system. It means the other team is more balanced and strategic. It may mean the other players on my team are inexperienced and if so, I failed to do my job in communicating and leading them with sound strategy suggestions and encouragement. (and basically following Saerni's advice above). Getting a bunch of top stats when your team is solid and all players play well and you barely beat the other team in a well-fought match is an accomplishment.

I frequently see my teammates standing around on side nodes, I'm talking two players while the rest get outnumbered mid, must be cuz other teams more organized

Also u didnt disprove my point. Even if the other team has the majority of better players and are more organized if I'm on thief for example somehow winning most 1v1's and decapping/fullcapping like a mad man and preform well in the match regardless of the skill level of my teammates why do I pay by losing rank for having teammates who can win most fight, die most times before I can even +1 for them resulting in me being outnumbered as soon as I get there. Most times caps are just ignored lol. A players rank shouldn't depend on the performance of others as it's too easy to manipulate ur own rank as well as others.