Your favorite Legendary

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Nevermore looks really cool, but for me the favourite has got to be The Dreamer. It's the single most ridiculous weapon I've ever seen in a game and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it. It's been my main character's main weapon for a few years now and I still don't get tired of firing unicorns at people.

Kamohoali'i Kotaki, because a spear that shoots sharks is awesome.Eternity, because it was a great challenge and I absolutely love the dimensional aesthetic.

I don't currently have, but am working on Nevermore (ghost ravens are cool), Chuka and Champawat (shooting tigers = shooting sharks), Exordium (morphic blade!), Bolt (don't taze me, bro), and Incinerator (actual plasma sword).

Just like bifrost, I think that the changes to projectiles actually detract from the experience rather than add to it because the classes using these weapons already got specific projectiles. The ele in particular, where the projectile even change depending on the attunement. And thats me saying it as someone that made bifrost many, many years ago - when they where soulbound, that long ago - because I thought shooting rainbows would be nice... it really wasnt. Tbh I wish I could sell it.

No, my current favorite is Hope, due to the fact it adds a projectile regardless of class. The pistol projectiles are normally dull.

For the legendary that I have, it has to be Astaralia on my mirage--the animation of Infinite Horizon with 3 clones and myself is a blue wirlwind of sheer sexiness. NOTHING BEATS IT, NOTHING!
Nevermore, on my staff thief is a close second. The giant eagle that spawns with each crit attack is also glorious.

For the legendary that i DO NOT have, The binding of Ipos looks straight sexy

Claw of the Khan-Ur, because of its significance lore wise, and the four blades

Eternity, the effects, trail, name, everything

Exordium, coolest looking gs and the way it changes itself for the optimal form of attack.(reminds me of the warden's sword from halo5)

Chuka and Champawat, because that bow design is something worthy of the gods.

it will sound strange for people like u but i dont like any legendary weapon. first of all most of them look like ugly childish toys for me but i understand ideas of creativity for some taste. there r very few which could be a bit nice to me but when its legendary then everyone try to get it like last goal and it starts to be not original in meaning of weapon skin of players which they use to show what they get and have-and i find better looking not legendary weapons-and i feel more original by choosing weapon skins not from legendarys. and most legendary effects r not beautiful to me and its too much-i feel more clean without them. for example rifle i use everywhere beastslayer skin coz it looks and feels so cool to me with moving animation like its legendary to me-it would be even a good idea for legendary rifle some gatling machine gun with bullet belt reaching ground-it would fit to my charr warrior and his race war theme of good taste. i like some effect or the look details of few legendarys but i dont have a big wish to have them when im ok with what i have from not legendarys which looks more serious to me as a weapons.

@Gautama.5378 said:it will sound strange for people like u but i dont like any legendary weapon. first of all most of them look like ugly childish toys for me but i understand ideas of creativity for some taste. there r very few which could be a bit nice to me but when its legendary then everyone try to get it like last goal and it starts to be not original in meaning of weapon skin of players which they use to show what they get and have-and i find better looking not legendary weapons-and i feel more original by choosing weapon skins not from legendarys. and most legendary effects r not beautiful to me and its too much-i feel more clean without them. for example rifle i use everywhere beastslayer skin coz it looks and feels so cool to me with moving animation like its legendary to me-it would be even a good idea for legendary rifle some gatling machine gun with bullet belt reaching ground-it would fit to my charr warrior and his race war theme of good taste. i like some effect or the look details of few legendarys but i dont have a big wish to have them when im ok with what i have from not legendarys which looks more serious to me as a weapons.

So, you don’t have a favourite then ;)

@"Gautama.5378" said:it will sound strange for people like u but i dont like any legendary weapon. first of all most of them look like ugly childish toys for me but i understand ideas of creativity for some taste. there r very few which could be a bit nice to me but when its legendary then everyone try to get it like last goal and it starts to be not original in meaning of weapon skin of players which they use to show what they get and have-and i find better looking not legendary weapons-and i feel more original by choosing weapon skins not from legendarys. and most legendary effects r not beautiful to me and its too much-i feel more clean without them. for example rifle i use everywhere beastslayer skin coz it looks and feels so cool to me with moving animation like its legendary to me-it would be even a good idea for legendary rifle some gatling machine gun with bullet belt reaching ground-it would fit to my charr warrior and his race war theme of good taste. i like some effect or the look details of few legendarys but i dont have a big wish to have them when im ok with what i have from not legendarys which looks more serious to me as a weapons.

It doesn't have to be one or the other, some of us agree with both perspectives, depending on the character.

I made the Dreamer for my ranger and Bifrost for my elementalist. My engineer should have been next in line to receive one, but I'm skipping over her and making Claw of the Khan-Ur for my thief because any legendary would be too flashy for her. She's a very practical person who doesn't like flashy effects or loose magic, she likes stuff you can see working and whack with a spanner when it goes wrong. I made her a pair of Apidae (ambrite pistols) years ago and honestly I can't imagine her using anything else at this point.

aez874Kl.jpg

I thought my thief would be the same, since I couldn't imagine him using anything flashy, but he's a charr and already uses the Centurion's Claw dagger, so Claw of the Khan-Ur is too perfect to pass up. My revenant and mesmer are unlikely to get legendaries either, for the same reason. And on the other side there's legendaries I like but I'm unlikely to make because I don't have a character to use them - like Xiuquatl (the snake scepter) or Rodgort.

(Although I have to say I couldn't care less how many other people use the same skins, I choose ones I like, not ones I think other people will be impressed by, otherwise I certainly wouldn't have made The Dreamer. It is weird when I see unicorns flying from another direction because I'm so used to that being my ranger's projectiles, but I like seeing people using the same skins, it means they like it too.)

The Flameseeker Prophecies. I love it so much. The draw sound and animation pair up perfectly. It is a clean, elegant, and polished weapon. I love the details of the individual characters, the shade and vibrancy of the blue that is used, and I like that it is visually satisfying and impactful without being extremely over the top or unnecessarily large. I find it to be a very classy and classic weapon. The one thing I'm not the biggest fan of is the projectile, which looks a bit comical/cartoonish, similarly to the Firebrand's tome auras.