Uncertain horizontal progression(Professions)

Lily.1935

@Vayne.8563 said:

@otto.5684 said:I do not think there is any uncertainty anymore. Anet has no content but this: “saga” and some minor group PvE stuff. If you want any class content you have to wait.. 2 years? And that is a maybe?

This game is done.

I'd hope this wasn't the case.

Unfortunately, it is. If Anet had something they surely would not be shy to release info in regard. I too hope that is not the case. But even if it is not, we will not see anything for months if not more than a year.

Anet only gave us what was releasing in the first two episodes. Not the whole season. I don't think what you're saying can be assumed.

Nothing is 100% certain, but if this is coming, it would have been at least a year in the making. And Anet needs every possible advertising and goodwill opportunity. It is not a stretch to say that if something like this is coming, even a year from now, that the announcement would have been a good time to mention it.

You have to use the Arkham Razor approach here. That fact that no mention of any class progression and skills is because they are not coming, anytime soon.

Arkham

XD

Even if I very much want to be proven wrong, I'm inclined to agree with you here. I think people who think Anet can sleep on a bombshell announcement like elite specs are actually doing the developers a great disservice. They are working professionals, they can see and hear the state of the community and realize the effect an announcement like e-specs would have.

I can't see what advantage they could gain keeping it under wraps at this stage. It sounds like build templates are also unfinished since they're not ready to release but coming "in the near future," but they were willing to talk about them anyways. If elite specs were just in development, why would they miss such a massive opportunity in front of a huge audience on stage/Twitch and talk about one unfinished feature but not another, more exciting, unfinished feature?

@otto.5684 said:

@otto.5684 said:I do not think there is any uncertainty anymore. Anet has no content but this: “saga” and some minor group PvE stuff. If you want any class content you have to wait.. 2 years? And that is a maybe?

This game is done.

I'd hope this wasn't the case.

Unfortunately, it is. If Anet had something they surely would not be shy to release info in regard. I too hope that is not the case. But even if it is not, we will not see anything for months if not more than a year.

Anet only gave us what was releasing in the first two episodes. Not the whole season. I don't think what you're saying can be assumed.

Nothing is 100% certain, but if this is coming, it would have been at least a year in the making. And Anet needs every possible advertising and goodwill opportunity. It is not a stretch to say that if something like this is coming, even a year from now, that the announcement would have been a good time to mention it.

You have to use the Arkham Razor approach here. That fact that no mention of any class progression and skills is because they are not coming, anytime soon.

I agree none of that stuff is coming soon. But not coming soon doesn't mean not coming. Anet's issue is not talking about stuff until they're ready to talk about it. By doing that they make a lot of their own problems. Anet is shy to release any information about stuff coming because they've been caught out before and they've been called liars. To them, when they might have had no intention of lying, they're rather wait and have people leave, than change plans, which they seem to do more often than probability would dictate, and be called liars. Which one is worse for business.

I think this is worse for business and Anet things being called liar is worse for business. But Anet definitely wouldn't talk about something that might take them longer or might not come out as they thought it would anymore. They did it too many times in the past. If they only said, we're eventually planning on doing something, but no guarantees as to a schedule, people would still start yelling it's been a year already.

Then there was the issue with stuff like the HoT legendaries, which took ages to release. We did eventually get them all, but no in the adventures I'd have preferred Legendaries are far more boring for me to make now.

Arkham

XD

Even if I very much want to be proven wrong, I'm inclined to agree with you here. I think people who think Anet can sleep on a bombshell announcement like elite specs are actually doing the developers a great disservice. They are working professionals, they can see and hear the state of the community and realize the effect an announcement like e-specs would have.

I can't see what advantage they could gain keeping it under wraps at this stage. It sounds like build templates are also unfinished since they're not ready to release but coming "in the near future," but they were willing to talk about them anyways. If elite specs were just in development, why would they miss such a massive opportunity in front of a huge audience on stage/Twitch and talk about one unfinished feature but not another, more exciting, unfinished feature?

Once bitten twice shy. Anet is a professional company. But sometimes those who make the decisions have emotional reactions to various things. Humans run professional companies. My guess is being called a liar one too many times makes longer term announcements taboo as a policy and they're not thinking that the policy is worth breaking at this point.

Keep in mind they also see how much is being spent in the gem store and how many people are logging in and playing, not just the storm on reddit/ forums. What if you were a business and you saw this storm, but you saw numbers like you've always seen. Would you think that it was the end of the world or not? I think Anet may believe numbers they get more than what we're seeing here.

Admit it, it's one possibility.