Potential future Necro changes

EremiteAngel.9765

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"Axl.8924" said:I was actually referring to pve with dots and some troubles warlocks had in their dungeons in World of Warcraft, and having runs where they had huge ramp ups. I was worried that too much ramp up in pve could lead to situations where they become useless due to being unable to deal enough damage to be useful and being situational to bosses. Im not sure about huge ramp up but how long will it take for instance to ramp up the condi dmg? will this be effective vs regular non boss enemies in fractals?

Technically what I suggest would allow boss to stack up to 3-4 stack of poison on all raid members which add some level of difficulty to the encounter. The same way, a necromancer can draw condition from up to 5 allies by entering shroud every 10 seconds so hypothetically it would allow the necromancer to send back close to 15 stacks of poison every 10 seconds. For scourge, the cool down would be sligthly longer but that's not really an issue. Those 15 stacks of poisons mean between 2k and 3k dps increase which put necromancer condi builds into a sweet spot where they are neither top dps nor outdps by all other professions (with close to no reason to stack more than 2 necromancer in a 10 man raid). You could also reach pretty similar results with
necromantic corruption
, however you'll lack the support aspect.

It wouldn't be as effective vs regular non boss mobs unless they also pulse poison. The idea is to make the environment of boss fights necromancer's friendly so that they become competitive, against regular mobs the necromancer already possess a wealth of advantage in the form of large aoe skills, they don't really need anything else to prove their worse in this kind of fights.

I generally agree with your suggestions, Dadnir. If boon-oriented professions are forced to take more condition clears, their dps should, in general, drop and Necro would find some demand for condi-transfer or condition-flipping. However, Necro is not that good at doing these things for a small group, much less a large group. Arenanet should increase Necromancer's capability in that area. Plague Signet, Well of Power, and Shroud cannot handle too many conditions in a group and the best transfer, Putrid Mark, was nerfed out of that function not long after launch. Restoring some ally transfer on Putrid Mark in PvE only might be possible by setting the number of transfers from allies in competitive modes to zero. (Hope they try to fix Plague Signet, again; It use to be suicide in PvE before they nerfed it completely out of any sort of support role. I wish it was, "Passive: Consumes 1 condition every 3 seconds for 1% LF. Active: Transfer up to 5 conditions from the caster in all game modes and 1 condition from up to 10 allies to the target in PvE only.)

About the coming changes to barrier scaling, I wrongly assumed all barriers would scale more with healing and wish I was not wrong. I would rather have barrier amount scale more strongly with Healing and Blood Magic, its duration affected by Concentration and Death Magic, and the rest of Necromancer's condition dps scale more with Condition Damage and Expertise. That way, support builds offer good support and low condi-dps and condition damage builds can be buffed to be more competitive. Necromancer is in an odd place because of lack of trade-offs and rewards related to attribute selection. Arenanet could increase the condition dps scaling for Necro to force players to weigh trade-offs. Curses already has modifiers rewarding Condition Damage and Expertise so Arenanet may only need to review the multipliers so they result in lower dps with support stat's and higher dps with offensive stat's. (They could probably do the same with Blood Magic and reevaluate support vs dps trades in other professions, too.)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic