How often does Blackgate open these days?

sostronk.8167

Returning player. Before I left I was touring various servers. Looking to get back into it but the server I am on is dieing and looking for somewhere more active. Most of my old contacts are on Blackgate. This isn't intentionally a meme thread.

Bonus question: Does ONS/TW (Axis of Insurrection alliance?) still play or their guild/guild leaders?

PS I can't believe this game is seven years old. Feels like just yesterday everyone was bandwaggoning from SOS to JQ to BG. So many awesome people met along the way. So many epic commanders.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

imo. we really need a periodic kick from all servers so ppl can rejoin. and evenly stack x y or z servers.

diablo 3 does it well with season toons. start from 0 then work way up.

if in gw2, they can make it so where seasons is amulet based no food, everyone is equal. and so who wins gets rewards. can then use is the normal wvw for the karma farming.

in the old games like rose, we used to have a 5 man plus team of x server fighting the 5 man of another. it was a team effort, we pooled our resources to ensure our wins. in a way, twas a fun mini esport before esports. or when things were simply starcraft or counterstrike.

tournaments.

@knite.1542 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:imo. we really need a periodic kick from all servers so ppl can rejoin. and evenly stack x y or z servers.

Imagine taking a short break from the game and coming back to find that you've been 'kicked' from your server, you can't rejoin it because it is full, and now you can't play with your guild. Sounds pretty bad to me.

Alliances would solve both of your problems . . .

@knite.1542 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:imo. we really need a periodic kick from all servers so ppl can rejoin. and evenly stack x y or z servers.

Imagine taking a short break from the game and coming back to find that you've been 'kicked' from your server, you can't rejoin it because it is full, and now you can't play with your guild. Sounds pretty bad to me.

well after a while it will reset and you can join again.> @XenesisII.1540 said:

Like once a year, and you just missed it a couple weeks ago, so come back in a year I guess.Mal/Ons still play, think they're on AR these days?TW think they're on a long break again.

nah, every 2 months like relinking.

@Gop.8713 said:

not really. =) how? well, its not yet out. cant judge if it works. for now its a speculation

@Gop.8713 said:

I think people have too much faith in alliances at this point. Granted, it is the 'only' solution we have been offered. It has taken too long to implement now, though, that a new solution will be needed by the time it launches.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

wouldn't do anything lol. ppl would still stack the same single server. I think relinks more often would be better.

actually anet can cap servers to x number of players if they want.

so instead of ober numbers in bg, the spill over will be elsewhere. and at the same time others would be in where they want.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:Like once a year, and you just missed it a couple weeks ago, so come back in a year I guess.Mal/Ons still play, think they're on AR these days?TW think they're on a long break again.

nah, every 2 months like relinking.

what?

how?

@Sovereign.1093 said:

actually anet can cap servers to x number of players if they want.

so instead of ober numbers in bg, the spill over will be elsewhere. and at the same time others would be in where they want.

I think having less servers instead of using links would be helpful as well. I am sure just straight up deleting servers would open up its own can of worms, however, but I think it would be helpful until alliances hypothetically get released.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:Wondering if some guilds in BG called it quits or if FC/HoD link is too strong for them.Seen quite a few times them being map wiped.

Which ones are you wondering are going to call it quits? I mean it's not like we're guild heavy to begin with. KiS isn't going anywhere and our raid days haven't changed. XVX isn't going anywhere, the adjust because of real life, but really haven't changed days or times. HoB is more SEA, but they aren't going anywhere, and I think they have even raided more.....so please? Or were you just chest thumping beating a mostly hollowed out BG? Or chest thumping beating BG militia?

One of them servers is not used to fighting almost equal numbers. I am sure anet will let peeps transfer there since most devs on that server. There is prbly noobs on that server that have never seen their commander rage quit bc fighting close to equal numbers. 7 more weeks and anet will go back to status quo. Go play on your ftp accounts and spy, pull tactics etc ROFL

@radiantbliss.6875 said:

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:Wondering if some guilds in BG called it quits or if FC/HoD link is too strong for them.Seen quite a few times them being map wiped.

Which ones are you wondering are going to call it quits? I mean it's not like we're guild heavy to begin with. KiS isn't going anywhere and our raid days haven't changed. XVX isn't going anywhere, the adjust because of real life, but really haven't changed days or times. HoB is more SEA, but they aren't going anywhere, and I think they have even raided more.....so please? Or were you just chest thumping beating a mostly hollowed out BG? Or chest thumping beating BG militia?

Ok seems you took my comments the wrong way.I was just simply looking in gw2stats and wondering what was going on in tier 1 as i'm not from tier 1.Not too long ago BG was open and got a bunch of transfers.So its a rare sight seeing BG wiped off EBG but Acheron.4731 just said what is going on.

@"Slick.7164" said:One of them servers still outnumbers about 7:1 starting at 7pm anet server time until 14 hours later when the euros start to log on. They dominate for about 14hrs bc of numbers and anet "balance". Then get farmed around 9am pst. Nothing personal here, just facts anet.

don't get too emotionally invested.The game-mode is dead. Nobody really cares anymore.