Tequatl lag

Hesione.9412

The lag at tequatl seems to be worse than usual. Today was exceptionally bad - for the last phase tequatl suddenly appeared after landing, with no flight phase. Talking to others in map chat, I'm not the only one experiencing this. One person thought that the lag was even worse since the last patch. Normally I can get skills off during the fight, but was down to autoattacking. In addition, in some tries I could not get turret 2 to activate.

The timing of this is the first tequatl fight after reset. It's normally a bit laggy but this is worse than usual.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Do you have anything else attached to your router? it may be updating and therefore using the bandwidth at the same time.

We have an on demand TV box and I was having this problem until I found out that it was around game reset time that it auto checked for/downloaded updates, I unplug the cable now before reset do my reset boss/event run then plug the cable back into the router once I've finished.

@Robert Neckorcuk.1502 said:Hello there!

Just wanted to pop in and say that we have identified Sparkfly Fen as one of the more server intensive maps, and we are monitoring the numbers to see if there is something we can do to improve them.

-R

Is this a general PvE issue now as well? I've been noticing this on any map provided there is a big enough population on them. Pretty much any/most meta events. Is this related to the WvW lag?

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Just wanted to pop in and say that we have identified Sparkfly Fen as one of the more server intensive maps, and we are monitoring the numbers to see if there is something we can do to improve them.

-R

Is this a general PvE issue now as well? I've been noticing this on any map provided there is a big enough population on them. Pretty much any/most meta events.
Is this related to the WvW lag?

Maybe.. but considering WvW has had significant lag for years, with the last few months being worse, it’s hard to say.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

-R

Is this a general PvE issue now as well? I've been noticing this on any map provided there is a big enough population on them. Pretty much any/most meta events. Is this related to the WvW lag?

iam having this problem in the Mist Arena

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:Are we saying that Sparkfly Fen just suddenly got so much popular.. I mean TEQ has always been a busy WB but after all this time its now being identified as a hot spot map for server intensity... hmmm that's a curios one.

With the ability to go straight to world bosses due to the World Boss Portal Device I think its become easier to visit them all and thus a lot more of us there recently. Also a lot more people have realized which bosses have extra rewards - seen same sort of numbers for Karka Queen and how performance goes out the window.

@Ellegon Mcleod.5931 said:

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:Are we saying that Sparkfly Fen just suddenly got so much popular.. I mean TEQ has always been a busy WB but after all this time its now being identified as a hot spot map for server intensity... hmmm that's a curios one.

With the ability to go straight to world bosses due to the World Boss Portal Device I think its become easier to visit them all and thus a lot more of us there recently. Also a lot more people have realized which bosses have extra rewards - seen same sort of numbers for Karka Queen and how performance goes out the window.

Compared to ls3/ls4 type maps, core tyria seems to be running on an older server. WvW might be even older than core tyria, but I can't say for sure.

@Ellegon Mcleod.5931 said:

TEQ has always pushed full maps since forever.. you can only get in what you can get in until a new map is forced. TEQ maps always hard cap so lag due to Portal devices makes no difference imo except it may push a few extra maps here and there at peak times. Karka Queen is a similar victim of its own popularity over the years. Then again I haven't experienced any lag at these events for a while, but that said I may not of been at that particular TEQ map. The only lag I see in WvW is on reset night at SM.. pretty much always been there and likely always will.It is possible the Amazon server being used these days just aren't all that great, which we see in various parts of the game being an issue these days only really know I guess though.

@Ubi.4136 said:Endless wvw threads about how bad the lag has been...silence.One person says a single pve event is laggy...boom, instant response.

Funny how that happens.

Potentially fixing the lag problem for teq is to temporarily enforce lower player numbers on the map and then spawn an extra overflow map (and then the maps can collapse with the map closing option). Spawn of overflow maps is a dynamic measure that already occurs in pve (e.g. in all the HoT metas). It also occurs for teq, although perhaps not as well as it does for HoT. It's not as though teq needs anything like 90 players to win the event (random number pulled out of thin air for the maximum number of players on a pve map).

It is not possible to construct overflow maps for wvw, so that solution cannot be used. Wvw also doesn't experience players from every server arriving on the same map for the same event, for the same short period of time.

@Hesione.9412 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:Endless wvw threads about how bad the lag has been...silence.One person says a single pve event is laggy...boom, instant response.

Funny how that happens.

Potentially fixing the lag problem for teq is to temporarily enforce lower player numbers on the map and then spawn an extra overflow map (and then the maps can collapse with the map closing option). Spawn of overflow maps is a dynamic measure that already occurs in pve (e.g. in all the HoT metas). It also occurs for teq, although perhaps not as well as it does for HoT. It's not as though teq needs anything like 90 players to win the event (random number pulled out of thin air for the maximum number of players on a pve map).

Wvw also doesn't experience players from every server arriving on the same map for the same event, for the same short period of time.

So... you don’t play WvW do you?