Feedback and Suggestion: WvW Track Reward Progress is just too slow and unrewarding

Knighthonor.4061

This is one of the turns off of WvW, is the progression of the character and account in general with the Reward Tracks are far too slow to the point of feeling more grindy, and many of the LS tracks are very lacking in rewards outside the final reward, which makes the grind of these tracks more noticeably annoying.

My suggestion is speeding up the progress of the Reward tracks and making them less grindy. Add more ways to progress these reward tracks, because not all forms of combat in WvW seem equally as rewarding. I can Treb down a Keep wall in SMC and a tower or whatever and get barely any track reward progress at all.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Reward_TrackMaybe reduce the amount needed to progress, or make the smaller rewards on tracks seem much more worth the grind rather than the thing at the end being the only meaningful rewards.

@"LINKAZZATORE.8135" said:and why do you want increased rewards for being 10k range away from the objective and pressing 2 every few seconds?how about do something instead of calling reward tracks "grindy" since they can be finished in 4 hours with some boosters

Because I broke the outer wall and inner wall for SMC for my team to move in and capture. That's why

@borgs.6103 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:I can Treb down a Keep wall in SMC and a tower or whatever and get barely any track reward progress at all.

You are everything that's wrong with WvW. In my utmost sincere and humble opinion, of course.

Freedom of speech, you have your right to believe that. I will ask what about what I said is wrong about WvW to you?

I'm all for decreasing the amount of time it takes to complete a reward track. I think it'd be totally fair to cut the time in half.. but there is a caveat to this...

WxP needs to be removed from:

• Trebbing walls
  • Repairing walls
  • killing guards (including those in camps, but capturing the camp will award WxP)

It needs to be soley awarded for capturing camps, towers, keeps, and killing other players only. Then cut the time in half it takes to complete reward tracks. We're all guilty of it, but people shouldn't be awarded for mostly or complete passive play. Trebbing walls = holding the 2 key down. Repairing walls = running back and forth pressing "F". Killing guards literally standing in one spot pressing #1. Shouldn't be rewarded for things like this.

@"DeadlySynz.3471" said:I'm all for decreasing the amount of time it takes to complete a reward track. I think it'd be totally fair to cut the time in half.. but there is a caveat to this...

• Trebbing walls
  • Repairing walls
  • killing guards (including those in camps, but capturing the camp will award WxP)

It needs to be soley awarded for capturing camps, towers, keeps, and killing other players only. Then cut the time in half it takes to complete reward tracks. We're all guilty of it, but people shouldn't be awarded for mostly or complete passive play. Trebbing walls = holding the 2 key down. Repairing walls = running back and forth pressing "F". Killing guards literally standing in one spot pressing #1. Shouldn't be rewarded for things like this.

What does wxp have to do with reward track progress?It is already a chore to aquire wxp, there's no need to make it even harder.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@"LINKAZZATORE.8135" said:and why do you want increased rewards for being 10k range away from the objective and pressing 2 every few seconds?how about do something instead of calling reward tracks "grindy" since they can be finished in 4 hours with some boosters

Because I broke the outer wall and inner wall for SMC for my team to move in and capture. That's why

Agreed that use of trebs should be better rewarded.Trebbers are the unsung heroes of every server.Its a job that is very important but tedious, unrewarding, and few wants to do it.

I don't understand why Grandmaster mark shards need to exist in their current state (there's 10 required to make a mark) but other than that, I would be against making WvW about rewards. If were up to me I'd ditch the shard concept altogether and just make it a grandmaster mark. Three marks per week is really not that much. Currently you need over one month of hitting gold weekly reward to make one mark, which is ridiculous.

adding loots attracts the wrong sort of player. I've spent a lot less time getting a lot more rewards than my pve counterparts using reward tracks, so imo they're fine even though they are all now pretty much useless to me . . .

Also try to remember that the reward tracks are not the goal, the gameplay is. So if you find yourself focusing on the rewards you'd likely be better served playing something else :)

@"Knighthonor.4061"Aren't you mixing up two things? Reward Track Progression and WxP gain?

Gaining "Participation" to Reward Tracks isn't a big issue since they had the patch that remembers your participation status. The only people that have a problem with that are players who "AFK at spawn" and let their participation timer run out. Normal players should bounce between T5 and T6 participation, depending on their play style and perhaps bad luck. The current participation periods are in a good spot, IMHO.The amount of points you get added to your "track meter" (total of 20.000 points) for each tick is something different to me. I run the WvW guild bonus all the time, so I tick for +214 every 5 min. I have to agree that during special weekends, when you have the 25% Call of War bonus, the progression "feels" to be a lot better and faster. Of course, I could run boosters for even faster progression, but let me stick to basic boosts.WxP varies A LOT depending on your type of WvW gameplay and as a scout and strategic roamer, I get way less WxP than as a zergling, whether your fight other zergs or flood towers and keeps. I think that gaining some WxP (and participation) from siege shoots and repairing is important for roamers, but should not be rewarded more for those that use it as their main "participation WxP income", sitting in a tower, trebbing a far away structure from safety.

PS: coming back to the "not enough WxP" rewards.Perhaps, adding the +10% WxP bonus from ascended food feasts could be added to the lvl70 canned food from the provisioner for personal use?

@knite.1542 said:

@Gop.8713 said:I've spent a lot less time getting a lot more rewards than my pve counterparts using reward tracks, so imo they're fine even though they are all now pretty much useless to me . . .

I need more details on this claim.

Yeah that was poorly phrased, def open to misinterpretation. I appreciate your asking for clarification instead of assuming I'm an idiot :)

What I was trying to say is that there are some items that are easier to get via their reward track than through their 'natural' pve means. I was not trying to say that there are reward tracks that yield a higher gold/hr value than pve . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:I've spent a lot less time getting a lot more rewards than my pve counterparts using reward tracks, so imo they're fine even though they are all now pretty much useless to me . . .

Yeah that was poorly phrased, def open to misinterpretation. I appreciate your asking for clarification instead of assuming I'm an idiot :)

What I was trying to say is that there are some items that are easier to get via their reward track than through their 'natural' pve means. I was not trying to say that there are reward tracks that yield a higher gold/hr value than pve . . .

Ah I see. Yeah that is definitely true. I've done tons of dungeon reward tracks to get the tokens/skins as opposed to doing the dungeons. Thanks for clearing that up. :smiley:

@knite.1542 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

Ah I see. Yeah that is definitely true. I've done tons of dungeon reward tracks to get the tokens/skins as opposed to doing the dungeons. Thanks for clearing that up. :smiley:

A lot of hot and pof armors/weapons can be more easily obtained via reward tracks also . . .

@"DeadlySynz.3471" said:I'm all for decreasing the amount of time it takes to complete a reward track. I think it'd be totally fair to cut the time in half.. but there is a caveat to this...

• Trebbing walls
  • Repairing walls

Participating in zerg = press run button and 11111. Roaming = press run button on your mount and execute pve rotation in empty camp. Good logic.We need more rewards, not less rewards. And we definitely don't need to pigeonhole everyone and everything into some very few chosen playstyles. Zerging is already a lot more rewarding than anything else in wvw, and mindless flipping is not far behind in terms of wxp.