85% of my games are landslides one team or the other

Kahrgan.7401

Its a snowball meta with all the holos and thieves. In the higher tiers of pvp you can have amazing comebacks, but in lower tiers you will always have a few bots that did not install the regroup drivers. Sometimes I q as necro and then reroll, because having a low rated reaper in this meta is an instant -20.

Gw2 is a game without comeback mechanics. Most games will always be one sided because it is a very snowbally game. Random people will basically never wait in spawn for their teammates to revive but walk either mid and die or close and might get overrun by the enemy team which snowballs the game even further. And even if you wait in spawn until they're alive again, some smart dude might even flame you for it lol.

Ultimately this doesn't have anything to do with the algo but rather with the mentality of most players.

@Happy Yes.1453 said:Its a snowball meta with all the holos and thieves. In the higher tiers of pvp you can have amazing comebacks, but in lower tiers you will always have a few bots that did not install the regroup drivers. Sometimes I q as necro and then reroll, because having a low rated reaper in this meta is an instant -20.

I do pretty good as my reaper, but its easy to play, and with just 1 person supporting you, you can destroy people. Im okay with that because it requires teamwork.... Im not okay with Holos or Mirage though.

Those games are also the one with lack of communication, even if nobody says anything. Try to do so anyway, makes a crazy difference sometimes.

Also good decaps reward you more than full capping, don't leave people alone in their fights unless they state that they can handle it alone or that they obviously won.

With enough effort, often the worst games have had great turn arounds or dominations in the following, obvious stuff like respawns should never be risked and forewarned.

@"Tycura.1982" said:"Gw2 is a game without comeback mechanics"Going to firmly disagree there. I've had many comeback games from Lord, Beast, Tranquility/Stillness, and Bell. Speaking of which why'd they ever take those extra point on kill altars out of ToSS?

Completely agree.Bell is probably the worst offender, then Lord (done it myself a couple times on Reaper), a thief stealing beast all the time can tio the scales as well.These have got to be the worst ways to lose a match in my opinion.

@Thorstienn.1642 said:

@"Tycura.1982" said:"Gw2 is a game without comeback mechanics"Going to firmly disagree there. I've had many comeback games from Lord, Beast, Tranquility/Stillness, and Bell. Speaking of which why'd they ever take those extra point on kill altars out of ToSS?

Completely agree.Bell is probably the worst offender, then Lord (done it myself a couple times on Reaper), a thief stealing beast all the time can tio the scales as well.These have got to be the worst ways to lose a match in my opinion.

The bell and beasts are not comeback mechanics, they are the normal mechanics of the map, They are additional nodes.

The Lord is a comeback mechanic however. No one whos dominating points goes for lord, beast and bell are things everyone should go for no matter if youre dominating points or not.

A lot more landslide matches now I agree. I'm repeatedly seeing the same people in matches too. I think this is a consequence of a much smaller sPvP population and a lot of people just not playing seriously any more. The amount of times I've been on a team that ends up fighting home cap when the other team have the other two is ridiculous. People just want to fight now, and aren't too bothered about winning it seems.

They need to make a 1v1 mode for people who want to practice and test out new builds, or just to see how good or bad they really are (which isn't possible in a full pug team). This should improve the quality of games. I know there is unranked, but let's face it a lot of people just don't distinguish between the two any more. Also get rid of the Ascension paths that require people win on X number of classes a Y number of times. I've people openly admit they're just there for the legendary Wings, playing classes they have no experience on hoping to get carried to wins.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:There are a lot of factors that are not easy to track which impact the match regardless of player skill and the rating itself isn’t a strong indication of personal skill either.

yup the rating in this game is team based and that's the problem, a silver player can go all the way to gold 2-3 by getting carried on the match but it does not mean he is good.

@Brokensunday.4098 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:There are a lot of factors that are not easy to track which impact the match regardless of player skill and the rating itself isn’t a strong indication of personal skill either.

yup the rating in this game is team based and that's the problem, a silver player can go all the way to gold 2-3 by getting carried on the match but it does not mean he is good.

This ^Or a good player gets continually matched up with players that dont know about capping, double up and camp nodes that are already capped instead of helping their now outnumbered teammates, die to fast to even be helped by a +1'r class etc list could go on lol u could have a great match yourself with top kills, most offense and defense and alot of decapps and even full caps yet lose horribly and end up losing rating. This happens enough a great player can end up high silver or lower gold. The rating system they have now invites and promotes actions like wintrading and other forms of match manipulation.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:This ^Or a good player gets continually matched up with players that dont know about capping, double up and camp nodes that are already capped instead of helping their now outnumbered teammates, die to fast to even be helped by a +1'r class etc list could go on lol u could have a great match yourself with top kills, most offense and defense and alot of decapps and even full caps yet lose horribly and end up losing rating. This happens enough a great player can end up high silver or lower gold. The rating system they have now invites and promotes actions like wintrading and other forms of match manipulation.

You said it all mate, this keeps on happening to me all the time this season, never was so bad like in this season, 75% of the games I do alone, I got 15+ kills, defense, offense and I still lose the game.

@Akilles.4320 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:This ^Or a good player gets continually matched up with players that dont know about capping, double up and camp nodes that are already capped instead of helping their now outnumbered teammates, die to fast to even be helped by a +1'r class etc list could go on lol u could have a great match yourself with top kills, most offense and defense and alot of decapps and even full caps yet lose horribly and end up losing rating. This happens enough a great player can end up high silver or lower gold. The rating system they have now invites and promotes actions like wintrading and other forms of match manipulation.

You said it all mate, this keeps on happening to me all the time this season, never was so bad like in this season, 75% of the games I do alone, I got 15+ kills, defense, offense and I still lose the game.

Yup, just had a match against a DE that couldn't fight face to face to save his life, no actual fighting skill, he had to burst rifle outa stealth and restealth if didn't get a insta kill and me being a dummy who prefers thief non stealth play got him at a point where he was fighting outa stealth and he was an easy fight but rest of game he invis ganked me anytime I was fighting and one full rifle burst even with the 900 extra health meant death. He called me weak at end of match even though outa stealth he couldn't fight worth anything. Next match had a guard that just sat off to the side and had two traps set that would take 90% of ur life and hed jump in and finish what's left but whenever I caught him outside his trap he was garbage at fighting. That's gw2 in a nutshell, these developers have literally developed skills etc that carry bad players. And u guessed it even though I won most fights and decapper like a mad man etc I had to eat another loss to players that cant even fight. It starts to feel like there's no point. I've been playing eso for its pve but I think maybe it's time to throw in the towel on gw2 all together as pvp was only thing it had going for it and its nothing but garbage cheese hard carry builds these days. Players use this garbage but can't actually fight and than call u out its infuriating and no games worth dealing with it. My first 15 games had me in gold 2 and now after like 30 more I can barely stay near 40/60. F that.

@Akilles.4320 said:

top stats mean nothing, someone gets it even in a 500-50, few days ago in a match(mid gold) get someone geting top kills, top damage and top defense, and this dude is the main responsible that we lose, he is a thief that stayed all match in the big figths mainly in mid and never roamed to decap or +1 we are obliterated by their thief with probably have very few kills and very few damage but outrotates us maintaining the node count always favorable to theyr team

Well first if he was getting all these kill and top defence and fight was always mid did u or any of the team members try and full cap or even decap for that matter or did u guys just rush mid over and over to ur slaughter feeding them point and contributing little? With that said ur right the thief did mess up by not running decaps but sounds like the caps woulda never got full capped anyway and if he got the kill and defense stats seems like u guys weren't handling mid well lol. So if he decapped side node seems like they woulda still held them the majority of the time by simply recapping them since the thief was decapping well and mid wasn't going great for ya's. In all my post I believe I mention decapping like crazy and often having to full cap or literally no caps would see any action as most teams I've played with ignore them outright.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Well first if he was getting all these kill and top defence and fight was always mid did u or any of the team members try and full cap or even decap for that matter or did u guys just rush mid over and over to ur slaughter feeding them point and contributing little? With that said ur right the thief did mess up by not running decaps but sounds like the caps woulda never got full capped anyway and if he got the kill and defense stats seems like u guys weren't handling mid well lol. So if he decapped side node seems like they woulda still held them the majority of the time by simply recapping them since the thief was decapping well and mid wasn't going great for ya's. In all my post I believe I mention decapping like crazy and often having to full cap or literally no caps would see any action as most teams I've played with ignore them outright.

we holded mid almost 3/4 parts of the time, and yes me and other tried to go for sides when secured but we are not the roamers even duelist are the suport ones(me a FB), that means if they asaulted mid as usually do we have to return because the ones that stayed(or just go chasing for someone that aproaches mid) cant hold it on their own, if only fucking thief leaved a few seconds to +1 us in sides we could holded it great in a 3-1 or 2-2 split whit thief roaming between the owned nodes and ocasionally someone other when overzerged by the other team

@megilandil.7506 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Well first if he was getting all these kill and top defence and fight was always mid did u or any of the team members try and full cap or even decap for that matter or did u guys just rush mid over and over to ur slaughter feeding them point and contributing little? With that said ur right the thief did mess up by not running decaps but sounds like the caps woulda never got full capped anyway and if he got the kill and defense stats seems like u guys weren't handling mid well lol. So if he decapped side node seems like they woulda still held them the majority of the time by simply recapping them since the thief was decapping well and mid wasn't going great for ya's. In all my post I believe I mention decapping like crazy and often having to full cap or literally no caps would see any action as most teams I've played with ignore them outright.

we holded mid almost 3/4 parts of the time, and yes me and other tried to go for sides when secured but we are not the roamers even duelist are the suport ones(me a FB), that means if they asaulted mid as usually do we have to return because the ones that stayed(or just go chasing for someone that aproaches mid) cant hold it on their own, if only kitten thief leaved a few seconds to +1 us in sides we could holded it great in a 3-1 or 2-2 split whit thief roaming between the owned nodes and ocasionally someone other when overzerged by the other team

Well my guess is the thief was a new player and not sure of his main roles. This is my point u lost a match and rank all the while u were performing well and contributed to ur team how u were supposed to. A ranking system as such as it now allows for good players to lose rank and standing depending on the performance of other random players of which u have no control over, that and it promotes and allows easy match manipulation.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Yup, just had a match against a DE that couldn't fight face to face to save his life, no actual fighting skill, he had to burst rifle outa stealth and restealth if didn't get a insta kill and me being a dummy who prefers thief non stealth play got him at a point where he was fighting outa stealth and he was an easy fight but rest of game he invis ganked me anytime I was fighting and one full rifle burst even with the 900 extra health meant death.

Well, yeah... that's what they do. Did anyone look at the lineup before the match and switch to something that would counter it? I'm fairly new as well and can't always switch to a better class, but I do know it's pretty satisfying to switch to my Ranger and make it my goal to shut down the DE.

That's gw2 in a nutshell, these developers have literally developed skills etc that carry bad players.

Same point as above. It sounds like maybe you are wishing they played your way and frustrated they don't instead of adapting to beat them?