An Idea for Stand Your Ground For WvW

fewfield.7802

As I see Anet is looking for Wvw balance change, i wanna point out something to be considered.

As Stand Your Ground has been increased the target cap from 5 to 10, this makes Firebrand in wvw has less responsibility to the party.If one Firebrand makes mistake with the stabs, others can compensate it. This makes wvw gameplay have less coordination, instead it encourages 'getting carried' gameplay.

This also makes CC skill useless because ppl usually have 15-20 stabs with 1st engage. It's impossible to cc them. The only way to counterplay it is to corrupt or bait it by pulling back and wait till it's gone.

I suggest Anet put the 10 target cap into a trait called 'Pure of Voice' so that people still have an option to decide if they wanna take Pure of Heart (current Fb meta trait for wvw) or the 10 man stabs. This will keep the 10 man advantage for pve aspect aswell. Ppl can still have stability coverage for the whole pve raid squad if it's needed.

@"Yannir.4132" said:Great idea!PoV should give 10 targets to all Shouts IMO.That probably means reworking "Receive the Light!" and "Save Yourselves!" a bit but these skills need work done anyway.

yeah they need to rework on other Shout skills a bit and carefully esp Receive the Light, Feel my wrath, and Save Yourselves.

At this point in the game, all heals/buffs/supporty-type-thingies should have a 10 target cap for all classes. Concern for the 'current meta' should not be an issue. The Druid/Chrono combo should not be the only good combo in the game. Open that damn box up and give more viable options.

In WvW, for instance, that would mean less FBs in the squads, less scrappers in the squad, thus opening the squad up for more of something else. Maybe even a ranger! ;) But seriously ... give all buffy type stuff a 10 target cap and let's move forward.