What counters Holo?

Arklite.4013

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@"Vague Memory.2817" said:Bring stability. Holo is hard to fight unless you have enough stab. They will chain CC you to death. Most of their strat depends on knocking you on your butt, so they they can then knock you down again, and then line-up a heavy hitting combo before you can do anything. That combined with their stealth can be quite annoying.

Exactly.

Again, Holo's not that hard to counter. I need not remind players that some classes have virtually 8 seconds of block/evade, all while retaining their damage.Guardian is the most suited class to take down a Holo, whether it be through the afforemented retal and stab, that this particularly class can put out very frequently, or through some high range and trap damage that you can get through Dragon Hunter. Holo is -not- a tough class. It's a glass cannon, if you destabilize a holo's Momentum, they're dead meat. Engineer doesn't have that much to offer, especially now that Scrapper has been completely destroyed.

Guardian has a grand total of one skill with stab. It has 36 sec cd.

No

No? What access do they have on their "meta" build outside of traited f3?> @Naxos.2503 said:

@"Vague Memory.2817" said:Bring stability. Holo is hard to fight unless you have enough stab. They will chain CC you to death. Most of their strat depends on knocking you on your butt, so they they can then knock you down again, and then line-up a heavy hitting combo before you can do anything. That combined with their stealth can be quite annoying.

Exactly.

Again, Holo's not that hard to counter. I need not remind players that some classes have virtually 8 seconds of block/evade, all while retaining their damage.Guardian is the most suited class to take down a Holo, whether it be through the afforemented retal and stab, that this particularly class can put out very frequently, or through some high range and trap damage that you can get through Dragon Hunter. Holo is -not- a tough class. It's a glass cannon, if you destabilize a holo's Momentum, they're dead meat. Engineer doesn't have that much to offer, especially now that Scrapper has been completely destroyed.

Guardian has a grand total of one skill with stab. It has 36 sec cd.

Firebrand has more options on that front with tomes, and Dragon Hunter has one additional Stab. It also has traits that triggers it.

Yes, core has stab through traits. DH has it on passive. And fb has it in plenty of ways. Guardian does not.

You never said meta build. And if you mean the response to the post above that build is a DH.

Regardless, you have stab and stunbreaks on core guardian, but if you really want to kill holos, play a firebrand.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know guys. An engi of equal skill level is still stronger then any of build in the game imo. Maybe condi has a better chance, making the match closer to even, but I actually believe there is no hard counter to holo right now. It simply is the best and most likely can't be beat if both players are of equal skill. I mean, it can practically stay unhittable in between its short cd full life heal. How the hell are you suppose to deal with that while taking near 10k laser blasts and tons of other free dps? Its definitely possible, but to talk as if it swings in ones favor more often then not is misleading imo.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Staying away from them helps lol. The spec is incredibly broken and requires I'd argue the least amount of skill to play in the game, makes garbage player feel like gods so its popular lmao. Than again that's gw2 in a nutshell.

At least compared to some other classes the base mechanic of Holo is great, fun and could have a high skill ceiling. I enjoy playing Holo a lot, even though atm it is more because of the easy life you have than because of the interesting mechanic. It is too broken in both, dmg and sustain/restustain to have the high skill ceiling it could have. The answer is: Good balance counters Holo and some other builds need nerfs themself