NA WvW is in freefall

Caysadia.7405

@Vova.2640 said:

@Vova.2640 said:At least 4 guilds THAT I KNOW OF have quit this week after this joke of an announcement.Another guild is likely to quit this week after they have their meeting.These were sizeable guilds 15-30+ in size.I honestly think its over for wvw this time.

Im not sure anything can stop this exodus of players and guilds at this point...

No matter what updates come out in the future, pulling players back into the game is much much harder than keeping them playing the game.

gg Anet and rip wvw.

What guilds what server? More info would be appreciated. I mean they already left for good right so no harm.

We are facing FA this week and it looks like its just dead there. Haven't seen RED in like 2 weeks now... DIE had their last raid few days ago. I believe Fire/PYRO leaving as well? Not sure about KnT but haven't seen them around this week yet. I was told KEK was also done.Also I think from FC its PMA and SIN no longer play?

I do hope I'm wrong, but nonetheless, wvw is becoming a ghost town even in T2...

RED, if we're talking about the same RED, was on SF (or their link) in T4 last night.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TheGrimm.5624 said:To those that have left WvW, where are they going? WoW/ESO's version or are they going single player games. That's one of things, there are upcoming games that have WvW style gameplay but aren't there yet. If I was ANet that would be what I was more concerned with since it a pretty tight market for this type of game mode currently.

If you look at people on cancercord or FA discord, a lot are playing classic wow and ffxiv.

More people on cancercord, the universal shitfest of wvw, I love you please dont ban me, were playing other games instead of gw2.

@"ChronosCosmos.9450" said:

Same here. It's quite sad really. Even in Blackgate, we usually get 60-70 on discord during NA prime. Now we can barely get 30. Our OCX is non-existent and SEA is 1/2 the size. EU we are lucky to get 10 players on discord. That's why we have such low ppt now.

You know that it's bad when the server used as the "full server" benchmark loses this many people.

I didn't know it was this bad already. Never having been in a high-population server, I always figured the numbers for Blackgate would remain consistently high.

@SnowMochi.7602 said:

Same here. It's quite sad really. Even in Blackgate, we usually get 60-70 on discord during NA prime. Now we can barely get 30. Our OCX is non-existent and SEA is 1/2 the size. EU we are lucky to get 10 players on discord. That's why we have such low ppt now.

You know that it's bad when the server used as the "full server" benchmark loses this many people.

I didn't know it was this bad already. Never having been in a high-population server, I always figured the numbers for Blackgate would remain consistently high.

While I was linked with em, it was 1 map queued at a time. Generally the same blob hopping maps ktraining or responding.

Now they have no link, I can't imagine its gotten any better.

@Vova.2640 said:At least 4 guilds THAT I KNOW OF have quit this week after this joke of an announcement.Another guild is likely to quit this week after they have their meeting.These were sizeable guilds 15-30+ in size.I honestly think its over for wvw this time.

Im not sure anything can stop this exodus of players and guilds at this point...

No matter what updates come out in the future, pulling players back into the game is much much harder than keeping them playing the game.

gg Anet and rip wvw.

so we're just gonna replace 15man fight guilds tapping guards with 500 man pvx guilds doing it. update working as intended.

@c space cowboy.2764 said:

While I was linked with em, it was 1 map queued at a time. Generally the same blob hopping maps ktraining or responding.

Now they have no link, I can't imagine its gotten any better.

They have opened since then though. Don't be fooled, there's still a ton of players on BG. Moreso than any one server. So much that they didn't even qualify for a link in fact. I know they were getting rather small before the most recent time they were open, but any time they open, they get re-stacked.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:mega servers and world links were made to address EMPTY maps. they are not the reason why anything is failing.

Links keep putting empty servers in same side facing blobby servers, imo it kinda feels a thing to enforce big vs medium vs small....

the fact is wvw was failing before links. thus the cause is not links.

Failure can be measured in magnitude.

A slow trickle of player population is significantly better for future outlooks than doing something that makes more people leave faster.

Most games which have done server merges have the same exact phenomenon occur. The one I admin'ed for lost the bulk of its players after it merged its servers trying to spice things up.

Reality is that the populations were lower per server for good reason - notably because the game didn't support means of keeping high numbers of players there, and different players wanted different experiences which often contradict.

Unless directly addressing past problems with near-unanimous community-approval before implementation (AKA exactly not how mounts were handled and why they blundered), merging the servers just reinstates the problems of what caused the servers to all lose their high populations in the first place, and reduces the number of active participants game-wide. You end up going from a bunch of smaller servers to a few number of even smaller servers, because the cause of everything remains.

The only thing merges are good for is to help boost some cleverly-manipulated metrics for investors by providing a short-term jolt of "activity" by the compression of players into a finite resource. That's really it. It always deals more damage long-term.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:To those that have left WvW, where are they going? WoW/ESO's version or are they going single player games. That's one of things, there are upcoming games that have WvW style gameplay but aren't there yet. If I was ANet that would be what I was more concerned with since it a pretty tight market for this type of game mode currently.

I'm happily playing LoL because I only really care about PvP games, and WoW/ESO are not competitive enough or even remotely balanced, being long-grind gear treadmills.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:A slow trickle of player population is significantly better for future outlooks than doing something that makes more people leave faster.

dood before links wvw was empty. there was no trickle. its obviously a stop gap measure until alliances, but that still won't do much unless smaller groups have the means to take on bigger ones.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@DeceiverX.8361 said:A slow trickle of player population is significantly better for future outlooks than doing something that makes more people leave faster.

dood before links wvw was empty. there was no trickle. its obviously a stop gap measure until alliances, but that still won't do much unless smaller groups have the means to take on bigger ones.

It heavily depended on the tier in which you played.

T1 to T3 was absolutely not empty. I was there just before the merges. Weekend NA prime usually had a queue between 15-20 on every single BL.

T3 low to T5 was spread out low population density and was a roamer's paradise. Rarely a queue, but it had a stable player population and usually a lot of skill-groups. I know this because my guild repeatedly transferred DOWN to T4 to hit those population sweetspots for small scale.

T6 and below was dead, sure. But even when I tried commanding there, I've never seen more apathetic players who refused to take objectives and didn't want to fight. If people really wanted to WvW, they'd transfer up to T2-T5 depending on what experience they wanted.

New Players & New Commanders are seriously challenged to find a niche to survive & later become a regular contributing WvW player.

World Linking continues to dump our "small fry players" into the big tank with no plans on how to create a perpetual & self sustaining mechanism for population growth.

We're stuck in a Viscous cycle of the Veteran Shark players gobbling up the Noob players and Commanders for the sake of feeding the Blob mode enjoyed by the vocal Veteran Sharks that voted for this feature...eventually only Veteran Sharks will be the only thing left...feeding off each other.

Actually...it's already turned into a "Shark Feeding Frenzy" type of game mode.

Warclaw ownership...or the lack of it...just makes this feeding frenzy easier for the Veteran Sharks...as Noob players are much easier to catch & bag as they struggle to survive this vulnerable period in their early WvW life.

This is why WvW continues to flounder & population decline continues to get worse...there's nothing to fight for & WvW has become a slaughter house for the Noob player or Noob Commander.

Major kudos go to noob players that manage to stick it out & join the rank & file of regular contributing WvW players.

Players like these can only look forward to Rewards that are going to be somewhat meh & it's NOT going to be emotionally satisfying unless you're on a Host Server...or on the #1 Ranked Server for WvW...which we shall not name...to keep this post clean & acceptable according to the posted policy.

Also, Players like these will later learn to TANK to avoid Tier 1...so winning & trying to become the Rank #1 WvW server will only mean being outnumbered & punished...as your Server is stuck in the room with an 800 pound Gorilla...unless you're already on the aforementioned & not named Gorilla Server that's usually Ranked #1.

Please consider doing 5 simple steps & give us Healthy Match-Ups that involve getting rid of World Linking.

1) Remove the current match-up system, but keep a system for World Ranking.2) Assign each World server a "single map" to defend - (Single BL or a Single unit of Multiple maps owned by the same server).3) Let players pick any three "server owned maps" to fight on weekly.4) During the week show players the top three enemies attacking their "home owned maps".5) Finally only reward players when they fight on a map or an enemy map that is "Ranked Higher or Equal to" their home map.

In nature...when you damage an ecosystem...if you're lucky...removing the things that are harming it...will give it a chance to recover. Once it recovers...it's critical to implement changes that will support & nurture the ecosystem so that it can thrive.

It's not funny anymore...except to the players that benefit from the toxic & un-healthy Match-Ups that WvW has been turned into.

Yours truly,Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

The week after bg opened was only 1 day, the still dropping was one week after, was my image copied. That's how bad that whole week was.

Mag dropped to medium, BP was already medium. Guess the triple link was warranted, to keep mag in t1/t2, which they obviously don't want and spend half their time between links actively tanking, should have like given the extra server to CD/BP.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

1. The week after bg opened was only 1 day, the still dropping was one week after, was my image copied. That's how bad that whole week was.
  2. Mag dropped to medium, BP was already medium. Guess the triple link was warranted, to keep mag in t1/t2, which they obviously don't want and spend half their time between links actively tanking, should have like given the extra server to CD/BP.

can i say it now?

@Acheron.4731 said:

1. The week after bg opened was only 1 day, the still dropping was one week after, was my image copied. That's how bad that whole week was.
  2. Mag dropped to medium, BP was already medium. Guess the triple link was warranted, to keep mag in t1/t2, which they obviously don't want and spend half their time between links actively tanking, should have like given the extra server to CD/BP.

can i say it now?

Well... they didn't show up after the last one, you might be able to sneak it in again.XD

@XenesisII.1540 said:

can i say it now?

Well... they didn't show up after the last one, you might be able to sneak it in again.XD

DeAdGamEmODe

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@"knite.1542" said:Don't worry, alliances are coming. They will fix all of this. We just have to be patient.

It's kind of like "Waiting for Jesus" at this point though.

Anet needs to deliver on it soon or it's going to be too late.Well what would highly fanatical bible thumpers say if you told them its too late for Jesus?

Agree and burn the book?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"knite.1542" said:Don't worry, alliances are coming. They will fix all of this. We just have to be patient.

It's kind of like "Waiting for Jesus" at this point though.

Anet needs to deliver on it soon or it's going to be too late.Well what would highly fanatical bible thumpers say if you told them its too late for Jesus?

Agree and burn the book?

Nothing, because the population would be zero if he never showed up save them during the apocalypse.

If you want to get into the meaning of metaphors, that's kind of how I was looking at it.

Point being, if Arenanet has some special content up their sleeve that they are waiting to release, they had better do it soon.