What are your thoughts about the incoming nerfs to the Longbow Auto?

anduriell.6280

In general 90% of all missiles seem to be blocked, destroyed, absorbed, reflected, avoided, not doable due to invisibility ...You only hit if you surprise your enemy, if he is a noob, or if he tries to run away (and is visible).

So I don't think ranger damage needs a nerv, there are already much to many counters.

@bigo.9037 said:

@Yasai.3549 said:A class with high sustain, unrivalled burst and sustain dps from ranged or melee, excellent escape, is obviously gonna be constantly on the radar for balance changes.

Unrivaled
sustained melee
dps? That has never been true for ranger.

GS weapon is the weapon with.. probably most utility of any class except ele who can swap atunements.

Evade on AA chain with quickness hits very hard with high evade uptime, maul hits hard with very low cd, evade / leap for combo field or gap closing, block that doubles as a knockback, a stun that resets maul cd. Not to mention while merged you have most likely another stun, a dmg mitigation tool of some kind and another utility.

High protection uptime, regen, quickness, stab. Multiple sources of stealth if you have longbow. Did I mention dolyak stance? Oh boi.

Why on earth are you telling me this? The claim was that ranger has UNRIVALED SUSTAINED MELEE dps. That's not the case. It's false. It has high burst, yes, but burst isn't the same as sustained dps.

Yes, greatsword + soulbeast is great. Finally. After years of being an underpowered weapon in terms of power (not utility), it's actually great. Doesn't automatically means ranger has unrivaled sustained melee dps. Makes me question if you know what that implies to begin with.

@Yasai.3549 said:

Unrivaled
sustained melee
dps? That has never been true for ranger.

I guess when yu have sustained ranged dps, yu can technically fight at any range, especially if they have access to perma Protection, high frequency of Weakness application, and strong heal over time.

The weapon they're nerfing literally scales on range, the other doesn't have any range.. so I don't know what you're on about. Axes? Axe auto is considering unrivaled sustain dps in your eyes?

Stop babbling about how good SB is in general and show me this unrivaled sustained melee dps.

Geez. This forum sometimes...

Too many Less than 1000 wvw rank come to this subforum to whine about ranger in wvw. That's is being like that from ever.I would love for any dev in the balance team to actually talk to some veterans in this subforum. They have the usernames and stats, so they can know which players have played how many hours in that game mode.And the same for sPvP.

At least they could get some ideas to how to stir the ranger so its fun to play while balanced as it seems nobody know what to do with the class in competitive.

At least they buffed the lb5 and now feels fun to use. And the funiest thing is this nerf will fix nothing.

@Yasai.3549 said:If yu are playing any profession without some form of Protection uptime, any of these skills landing will force a heal and allow them to whittle yur health down with ranged autos.

As opposed to literally every other roaming class that just wrek you with leaps/ports instead of ranged spam?

@InsaneQR.7412 said:It was kinda foreseeable.The AA could hit really hard compared to other ranged attacks but the counterplay was still there. I hope the weapon mechanics will get love in general as compensation.

LMAO you know they wont

How many times do we need to go through this sad song and dance? Or are there still people coping by telling themselves they'll resurrect Druid someday?

@Substance E.4852 said:How many times do we need to go through this sad song and dance? Or are there still people coping by telling themselves they'll resurrect Druid someday?

Its super funny you know... All those threads about 'bring back druid for competitive'..... Druid is a class for PvE raids, it has been said by anet hundreds of times. Soulbeast was designed for competitive like all the PoF specs. Not that anet knows what to do with it thou...

@anduriell.6280 said:

@Substance E.4852 said:How many times do we need to go through this sad song and dance? Or are there still people coping by telling themselves they'll resurrect Druid someday?

Its super funny you know... All those threads about 'bring back druid for competitive'.....
Druid is a class for PvE raids
, it has been said by anet hundreds of times. Soulbeast was designed for competitive like all the PoF specs. Not that anet knows what to do with it thou...

They could have made Druid decent in WvW zergs but they decided that it was more important to make Scrapper into a heal bot rather than the one spec that does absolutely nothing but heal

Neither the range or Long range shot was ever a problem until the Firebrand /Scourge Blob Meta .People only get picked off when they are separated from the blob . Get rid of the ridiculous boon spam and that would force players to protect themselves against projectile damage instead of hiding under the aprons of the Firebrand. Nerf the Boon spam and all these other so called "balance" changes won't be necessary.ANET!!! TEAR DOWN THIS META!

A ranger that can't pick off his targets. A Necromancer well can be launched at the longest range of a Ranger now. And the wells are doing 15k-20k dmg per second PULSES...how is this even closely fair for the class that was SUPPOSED to be the long range class of the game? We try to keep combat ranged, and the necro's try to get up in your face. Seriously WHY would we want to close with a CONDI WELL OUTPUTTING 15k-20k DAMAGE PER GOD DAMN SECOND ANET!

@anduriell.6280 said:

Its super funny you know... All those threads about 'bring back druid for competitive'.....
Druid is a class for PvE raids
, it has been said by anet hundreds of times. Soulbeast was designed for competitive like all the PoF specs. Not that anet knows what to do with it thou...

It has definetely not been said by them a hundred times, and even if that was true, they need to get inside their heads that there is NO reason why druid should be relegated to a raid only spec when the potential for it to shake up the stale WvW meta is there. Apart from GotL, there is nothing about the druid that is particularly strong in PvE either, it's just carried by core ranger buffs.

Which is why keeping GotL is the only thing they need for it to be relevant in PvE. Anything else can be reworked any way they want to make it viable for WvW squads or PvP.

@knite.1542 said:Nice little nerf but not really going to fix what's really annoying about soulbeasts, IMO.

I would rather the the range lowered and the damage modifiers reworked a bit.

I would say raise the CD on sic em, and make the maul damage modifier require you to hit a target.

What a joke! Have you ever played ranger? Or have you played since the last patch? May I know what class are you playing?All ranger's haters are coming on this section forum, to complain and cry about ranger, instead to learn their own class, or instead to give ideas how to improve their classes.All these ppl who don't have ranger as main character, and coming here to toxic every single thread of ranger's forum, are nothing but pathetic.

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:All these ppl who don't have ranger as main character, and coming here to toxic every single thread of ranger's forum, are nothing but pathetic.

That's the same for most classes though.Mesmer mains complain about people hating Mirage.Necro mains complain mains complain about people hating ScourgeGuardian mains complain about people hating FirebrandHolosmith mains complain about people hating Holosmith.Revenant mains complain about people hating Hammer and Shiro.Thief mains complain about people hating Stealth and constant disengaging and all the other cheap things Thieves do.

I can't remember seeing many people complain about Warrior (past the 5 signet META 6 years ago) and Elementalist being too strong though.

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

@knite.1542 said:Nice little nerf but not really going to fix what's really annoying about soulbeasts, IMO.

I would rather the the range lowered and the damage modifiers reworked a bit.

I would say raise the CD on sic em, and make the maul damage modifier require you to hit a target.

What a joke! Have you ever played ranger? Or have you played since the last patch? May I know what class are you playing?All ranger's haters are coming on this section forum, to complain and cry about ranger, instead to learn their own class, or instead to give ideas how to improve their classes.All these ppl who don't have ranger as main character, and coming here to toxic every single thread of ranger's forum, are nothing but pathetic.

Sorry if me sharing my opinion 'toxiced this thread.' Either way, I am not crying or complaining about anything.

@"knite.1542" said:Sorry if me sharing my opinion 'toxiced this thread.' Either way, I am not crying or complaining about anything.

You're not helping either. All the suggestions are net nerfs, and there are zero interest in bringing ranger more into the general wvw meta outside of roaming.

Look at the "Potential WvW-centric Balance Changes" thread. You only find "good, ranger nerfs", suggestions to nerf it even more or no feedback at all. The suggestions are mostly the kind that hurt core ranger abilities. On the flip side, there are no suggestions to revitalize druid and make it better for larger squads, or have a look at the soulbeast's stance sharing which also has squad potential.

Anet stated they wanted to shake up the meta, but the end result will be that the squads will look exactly the same. Ranger is left to roaming, but its build are getting worse for every patch they do.

And yes, I find it particularly ridiculous coming from what I assume is an engineer player, which got both of its elite specs in a good spots for both zergs and roaming.