What is the rate of drop of Starborn Outfit from the Black Lion Chest ?

Bought 25 keys, wasn't even aiming for the outfit.All I expected was to get at least one good item like a skin or a node.And I was fully aware I'd be better off converting my gems to gold, but hey, where's the fun in that?Nada, nothing, just junk from all 25 keys. Not a single 5th yellow item.That did it for me, don't think I'm buying those keys anymore >>

I wasn't trying for it, but ended up with it inside of 55 keys, I think. That's spread over several different key purchases and a number of keys gained from map exploration; I didn't get it in the first BLC version that had it, I got it a month later in the second with 30ish keys, and it was somewhere in the middle of that batch of key openings.

@Friday.7864 said:Bought 25 keys, wasn't even aiming for the outfit.All I expected was to get at least one good item like a skin or a node.And I was fully aware I'd be better off converting my gems to gold, but hey, where's the fun in that?Nada, nothing, just junk from all 25 keys. Not a single 5th yellow item.That did it for me, don't think I'm buying those keys anymore >>

I had to learn that the hard way too. Think I’ve had one 5th drop in the last 30 (free) keys I’ve used. I only get keys now from map zone completion or a weekly key run. Very slow, but RNG hates me with a passion, so I just live with it.

I saved up keys over the months from map completion and story. This recent box is the best of what I've been waiting for in drops (minus the outfit). Got it my first key. The watchwork wings I got on my 15th key out of 17.

I only get the uncommon unique drops when I don't care about them (the svanir ice gloves and lightning dagger). There are certain kinds of cosmetics I obviously go for (conventional, techy and mechanical types) and its these kinds (bright and intangible) I always tend to get. Take that info as you like.

Think I'm approaching around mid 35-40 BL keys now & still no outfit, I pretty much gave up at this point on any chance of getting this, even blew through 1 golden black lion key & still nadda, the RNG sorry to say really sux. Am happy for the other ones though that did get it. =)