Which global adjustment would you like to see added to WvW

Knighthonor.4061

Bunker vs. Glass Cannon in duels, small scale and zerg is just out of control. Ppl either get close to one-shot'ed or tank forever.

So, increasing damage or damage reduction would just make the gap larger. Increasing the base health of every class would just make ppl go more Zerker gear, so maybe increase vita from gear, add some new vita + stat X / Y / Z combinations.

But I guess a real solution can only come with making damage mods being applied additively instead of multiplicatively, and stopping (or countering) boon spam, especially prot.

• Less multiplier for core values (like damage)
  • logarithmic instead of exponential function for damage/healing
  • less boons
  • armor helps against condition damage
  • less cc/more stability for all classes/a break bar for player

=> Less spread, longer 1:1 fights, less dependence on surprise/Internet-Ping

No downstate should be a WvW standard for so many reasons in my opinion.

I'd also like to see new stronger creatures that roam around added to the maps. I'm talking vicious things that are actually dangerous. Maybe there could be an option for a world to somehow release world boss level creatures into the side of the map that the dominant world is occupying. These options would only be available for worlds that were losing somewhat badly. Stress again, when I say releasing a powerful creature, I'm not talking some vitality heavy boss that gets cranked on and killed easily. I'm talking something dangerous that roams around an enemy keep and very aggressively chases and kills the enemy players with nearly raid boss level effect. Something strong enough to actually create an adequate diversion through means of sheer killing power, and the lure for the enemy to take time to kill it for a reward of course. Something like that would spice up wvw again.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:No downstate should be a WvW standard for so many reasons in my opinion.

I'd also like to see new stronger creatures that roam around added to the maps. I'm talking vicious things that are actually dangerous. Maybe there could be an option for a world to somehow release world boss level creatures into the side of the map that the dominant world is occupying. These options would only be available for worlds that were losing somewhat badly. Stress again, when I say releasing a powerful creature, I'm not talking some vitality heavy boss that gets cranked on and killed easily. I'm talking something dangerous that roams around an enemy keep and very aggressively chases and kills the enemy players with nearly raid boss level effect. Something strong enough to actually create an adequate diversion through means of sheer killing power, and the lure for the enemy to take time to kill it for a reward of course. Something like that would spice up wvw again.

Kind of like a flame to draw in the PvE moths?

Amiright??

@enkidu.5937 said:Bunker vs. Glass Cannon in duels, small scale and zerg is just out of control. Ppl either get close to one-shot'ed or tank forever.

So, increasing damage or damage reduction would just make the gap larger. Increasing the base health of every class would just make ppl go more Zerker gear, so maybe increase vita from gear, add some new vita + stat X / Y / Z combinations.

But I guess a real solution can only come with making damage mods being applied additively instead of multiplicatively, and stopping (or countering) boon spam, especially prot.

That makes sense I guess, but the problem I still see is if you increase health, so more roll zerk to keep the ttk down, but there's still auto defenses that make this a problem and end up in the same situation except with more health. Both sides of the coin of offensive high spike damage and defensive skills/traits/boons really need to be toned down.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:No downstate should be a WvW standard for so many reasons in my opinion.

While this is a good idea to get pve people into wvw, because frankly there's no where else to get new wvw players from, it may hamper wvw game play. Having a raid level boss roaming a keep may make it more difficult to take keeps, but it may even just attract those players only interested in the reward and not actual wvw. Also if something like this were to be implemented I could only see placing them on the borderlands to attract more players there as ebg is usually the most popular map. What I wouldn't mind see some sort of scenario of like smc getting to t3 and then the two opposing sides get a ring in front of their keep that requires 10 people calling out a raid boss like you do with siegerazor at spawn, so that it can help you attack smc gates, that could be fun to deal with.. or too much loot for the smc holders when they kill it.... but yeah, rewards, always a problem in wvw.

Power creep is real and builds that can take you from 100% to 0% in less than a second shouldn't be a thing ever.

However I would like to add a proviso that in this ideal world sustain and support builds need to take a hit also, as many of the tanky boon builds would simply become unkillabe.

I would like to see the base health for low, mid and high HP professions moved closer together:Low HP moves closer to mid (adjusted up), high HP moves closer to mid (adjusted down)I strongly believe that one of the roots of horrible balance lies in the combination of different health and armour classes (GW1 had a base health for everyone and three armour classes => 3 options; GW2 needs to juggle different health AND armour classes => 9 options)

Lets try this and see how damage balance can be tied to a much narrower health pool spread. Skills, which are separate from PvE & PvP for WvW could them be fine tuned.

It's funny the people asking for less damage output.. lol. Even zerk's running around in WvW attacking typical tanky targets do next to no damage. The problem with "too much damage" is you are getting hit by "too many people". 800 damage isn't much, but if 20 people hit you with it each second, suddenly you're vaporized.

So is too much damage the problem then? Obviously not; it's the fact that people like to stack themselves in tight little balls and run in with every boon possible while getting hit by every attack possible. If one doesn't want to take 800 damage from 20 different people, don't run into 20 different people.

WvW needs more damage (easily seen by how pathetic many skills hit even in full zerk). Players need to become smarter at what they're doing and how they're engaging.

I don't know. I said before, and i'll say it again. Boon Sickness. Give Boons a cooldown. All that extra health, reflect, invulnerability, speed, and additional damage from boons, seriously is just creating what I believe to be a huge imbalance. It shouldn't take 15 people to run down 1 enemy and then ATTEMPT, and I do mean the word attempt, to kill them. It should NOT take 8 to 15 players nearly 1 to 5 minutes to kill one damn enemy player. That's an imbalance. And I Know Anet has a few of their team able to see that. It really should not take 8 to 15 players to kill 1 person, and that one person is able to outrun, out damage, and out SHIELD itself against that many opponents. That is a SEVERE imbalance.

If you're talking about damage or healing it's a byproduct of extremes (i.e. minstrel vs berserker's) along with food+utility and bonuses along with it. In the past we had nomad's but that didn't have boon duration.

Scaling everything to exotics, removal of ascended food 3rd bonuses, reduction of extra keep buffs is the way that could be addressed.

Can't decrease damage or increase health, it doesn't normalize things.

Nerf dmg output, also nerf boons and healing, so you still have to coordinate how to heal and when to push and cant tank for ages.

The problem right now is that you cant rly heal someone thats dead from 100 to 0 in just a sec.

If you make it that ppl can actually react to the dmg you can even reduce or get rid of passive lifesaver traits.

The dmg is just way too big, its no fun to die in 1 second from just 1 or 2 enemies, when you were the unlucky one to lose stab for just a second.

Rev autos regularly hitting for 6k+Ranger even higherThiefs backstabbing out of stealth for 10k+

The ppl that cry about zerker stat dmg not being high enough are roamer that fight smallscale battles, that are not the majority of players in wvw imo.

Ppl that want even more dmg seem to be big pirateship fans (which im not, i despise the pirateship meta)

• divide melee damage by 2
  • divide ranged damage by 3 (no more 50 lbs arrows flying at mach2@clowndesign)
  • divide all heals by 5 or even 10
  • end the 50% DOTA 50% streeeet fighter 50% fps gameplay. It's a mmo, damnit !
  • AoE overwriting existing AoE zones (pirate ship@braindeadwashing no more) from the same faction.
  • rework of boonspam (create 3 categories of boon : 1 major, 1 medium, 1 minor. Each character can only have one of each at the same time, not more. Then distinguish classes who are able to give boon and wich, solo ones or team ones)
  • review and rework idiotic concept of self teleporting invisible tank firing from stealth (both sniper@noskilltoplayrealCS and dumber@omegastealthmesmer)
  • rework idiocraty rule about 'being on the top of the wall of a castle is dangerous. Being down the wall and outisde castle is safer' (Brilliant for a medieval war game ...)
  • un-nerf ACs and other siege / defense tools
  • remove watchtower who killed roam and destroyed variety of squad size
  • remove mount who killed what remained from previous patch_carnage
  • and so much more ...

Hard to say what the mcm state really is : more grotesque than pathetic, or preferably braindead and abandonned .... For sure, GW2 future is crippled to death. The only question is : how long the agony will be ?