• cool draw animations

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Ahem"

Bifrost is a candy Stick.

Bolt is a wall-hanger Sword.

Dreamer beyond the memes is alright if you are into that.

Flameseeker Prophecies isn't bad, but as far as tomes go it's a worse Binding opus.

Frenzy is a harpoon gun; lol underwater weps.

Frost Fang is kinda neat but kinda dull (blade) for an axe.

Howler is boring; sorry. (I'm not sorry.)

Juggernaut looks more like a staff.

Kudzu is another plant weapon, and almost indistinguishable from the rest.

Kraitkin is another underwater wep; lol.

Same with Kamohoali'i Kotaki, which is actually pretty cool; but double lol for that barely pronounceable name.

Meteorlogicus has cool effects, but double globes was an unfortunate choice.

Best part about Minstrel is the "Musical Minstrel".

The Moot is lady gaga's disco stick, and is lol enough that I convinced someone to make it; so that in a year they'd have a legendary I know they'd eventually regret getting... and they did. >:}

Quip is exactly that.

Rodgort is literally a meme, and if we're being honest kind of a lazy one.

Sunrise is a mango blade.

Which I don't know if that's better or worse that Eternity is a mango blade half the time.

Astralaria is kinda neat, at the end of the day though it's a 2nd blue axe legendary... At least this one is sharper and shiny(er).

Flames of war is a goopy waxy mess.

The HMS Divinity... Le sigh...

Sharur zzzzzz

Shooshadoo... I will never understand your fascination with Quaggans; Jormag did nothing wrong.

Is just cool not much else to say:

Claw of the Khan-Ur

Eureka

HOPE

Nevermore but to be fair I'm picky with staves, currently there are no staves in this game I really like.

Pharus but to be fair a little plain in design, the effects are what make it.

Verdarach

But this is supposed to be a favorites list so:

Incinerator is really cool, but it's not like there is much competition for cool looking daggers lol.

The Predator I will make if I ever play something that uses Rifle.

Twilight not a mango blade and an epic dark gaze into the cosmos!

Binding Opus a legit reallllly cool tome who's precursor is the ars goeta... as an occult nerd this is alone would have made it awesome.

Exordium It changes shape and is the kind of blue that isn't a stupid colour.

Shining Blade 2nd best sword in game (infinite light is the best SWORD [because bolt is a wall hanger]) Only problem is it makes your entire sleeve purple, and it's bugged me enough to have to change my outfit several times to be content >=c

Xiuquatl You get a dragon familar, I don't even care that it's green and looks like a tiki totem.

...... Fight me.

I hate most of them, I use transmutation stones to change their ugly skins for more epic legendary themes.For example:

As you can see those skins look more legendary than the actual legendary skins.

@"Daishi.6027" said:"Ahem"

Flameseeker Prophecies isn't bad, but as far as tomes go it's a worse Binding opus.

Same with Kamohoali'i Kotaki, which is actually pretty cool; but double lol for that barely pronounceable name.

The Moot is lady gaga's disco stick, and is lol enough that I convinced someone to make it; so that in a year they'd have a legendary I know they'd eventually regret getting... and they did. >:}

Quip is exactly that.

Which I don't know if that's better or worse that Eternity is a mango blade half the time.

Astralaria is kinda neat, at the end of the day though it's a 2nd blue axe legendary... At least this one is sharper and shiny(er).

Sharur zzzzzz

Shooshadoo... I will never understand your fascination with Quaggans; Jormag did nothing wrong.

Claw of the Khan-Ur

Eureka

HOPE

Nevermore but to be fair I'm picky with staves, currently there are no staves in this game I really like.

Verdarach

Incinerator is really cool, but it's not like there is much competition for cool looking daggers lol.

Binding Opus a legit reallllly cool tome who's precursor is the ars goeta... as an occult nerd this is alone would have made it awesome.

Shining Blade 2nd best sword in game (infinite light is the best SWORD [because bolt is a wall hanger]) Only problem is it makes your entire sleeve purple, and it's bugged me enough to have to change my outfit several times to be content >=c

Xiuquatl You get a dragon familar, I don't even care that it's green and looks like a tiki totem.

...... Fight me.

Now I am awfully curious to hear what you think about Chuka and Champawat.

@yusayu.3629 said:Exordium. Dunno, it looks very interesting for a Greatsword where the other Legendary Greatsword is just a glowy slice of paper tucked into a handle.

It took me months to see why so many people like Twilight/Sunrise/Eternity. I normally play with the camera zoomed out and angled above and behind my character. From that angle they just look like flat black/white rectangles with a little bit of colour near the hilt. It was only when I happened to load into a map where my camera was stuck low to the ground and someone was right in front of me with one of those swords that I saw the sky effect and realised there was more to it than a flat square blade.

But I'm never going to make them myself (at least not to keep, I might sell them one day), because all I'd ever see was a flat rectangle. I have the same problem with the sword Ebb - in the preview window it looks amazing, but the best part is the reflections in the glass blade and when you're playing you won't get to see that, it will just look like a green sword.

@Cerioth.7062 said:

@"Daishi.6027" said:
"Ahem"

Quip is exactly that.

Sharur zzzzzz

Claw of the Khan-Ur

Eureka

HOPE

Verdarach

...... Fight me.

Now I am awfully curious to hear what you think about Chuka and Champawat.

ooof I knew I forgot at least one. I'll give a little extra ;)

Chuka and Champawat is freaking great! Normally I'm not fond of depictions of lions or tigers literally on the weapon, but the Red/Black/Gold aesthetic not only hits home for my tastes, but the physical design of the bow although clearly trying to evoke the mane of a large feline, does so subtly! Which I find important. If it was just tigers stripes I'd be complaining. While also adding a mystical element by having some parts detached and floating which I also love.

... That said I'm not super fond of the projectiles, but it is something I may be able to over look.If Mesmer ever gets access to short bow I may just make this purely so I can have illusions spamming tigers.

I really like the military/sci-fi vibe, so I made The Predator and HOPE. The journey to craft the "Hylek Optimized Projectile Experiment" was epic and you feel like you're really developing the legendary from start to finish (Research/Development/Prototype). The Predator was my first legendary so it was equally memorable.Both firearms are nice to me mainly because the sounds when fired, and HOPE also has those awesome sounds "power up", "shut down" and "recharge". I love the strong sound of Predator, Grenade Barrage pretty crazy. Saddly I have a crap laptop to play so at least I can enjoy listen to my legy sounds lol.

Honorable mentions (Sci-Fi): The Cutting Edge, Scientific Shield.

@MrForz.1953 said:I couldn't be a pirate and not have a rifle like the HMS Divinity. Flaming cannonballs and grenades have their merit.

which is why I still want Tengu to be a race - making a pirate themed tengu that looks like a parrot.

For me exordium, bifrost and binding of ipos. Using bifrost for my elementalist just makes total sense, and reminds me of my old Master of Magic Ele in GW1

My Favorites are favorites partly because they are rooted in lore:

The Flameseeker Prophecies: based on Glint's prophecies for the original GW1 campaign

Nevermore: based in Norn lore on their Spirits of the WIld (I'm also an Edgar Allen Poe fan). i also loved the collection journey's story

The Shining Blade: a gift from the last Seer ( an ancient race of Tyria that fought the Elder Dragons the last time they awoke, and also the mortal enemies of the Mursaat after the Mursaat abandoned the other races during that awakening) to the Shining Blade (the defenders of the monarchy of Kryta)

Pharus: the word means "beacon", released with episode 5 : All or Nothing... i very closely relate this bow with Aurene... the Update Notes actually hinted at lore that was never delivered in game or out, but imagine my Ranger crafted this in her grief.

i've made the three gen2's that i mentioned above.

my runners-ups would be:

Binding of Ipos: because it's a freaking book. one of my Necros is a storyteller in my fanfiction... based on the real world trivia from Ars Goetia, i imagine the possible in-game lore would be that this is the secret forbidden book read by Vhizier Khibron to stop the Charr invasion of Orr, resulting in The Cataclysm which sunk Orr, and turned Khilbron into The Lich, a Lieutenant of Abaddon.

Xiuquatl: that same Necro also joined the Priory, and is intrigued by certain magical artifacts. Also, Hylek lore.

Ok, do not kill me but I love sharur

The whole idea of a necrotic being hidden in your hammer which can only being visible during night is wonderful

The moving parts like grinds to keep it prisoner are a nice touch if u love the arah look and feel you love this one.

It is not very common cause hammer is out of every meta for every class. Next expansion with a hammer necro it would finally shine

Astralaria because I went through the heck of making it and I still love it.Binding of iPods. Looks amazing, I just wish the footprints were eyes looking out from the void.I love my Moot, Dreamer and Quip because my friends loathe them.

I want Exordium, I just wish it was slightly smaller. And I'm not sure I can face the grind for gold again.

It's not easy to choose favorite. I craft legendary weapons only if they fit my characters (e.g. Claw of Khan-Ur and The Predator for my charr deadeye, or The Shining Blade for human).HOPE is great, I like the idea of pistol shoting... I don't know what it is, but it's awesome. Sadly I have only one character that can wield a pistol and it's useful. My condi mirage. I could go condi engi, but I prefer power holo.Binding of Ipos is one of the best lege weapons in game. I planned to craft it for my necro, but some changes in focus for necro made this weapon... not useful for me.The Shining Blade Shiny and elegant weapon. My newest.

Interesting topic... I do not like any of them. Its pretty much the reason I have not crafted one. Don't get me wrong the utility of any legendary is nice but the overall graphical effects and design of the actual models are lacking in my opinion. kudos to those who like them but I am always waiting to see whats next.

@Randulf.7614 said:The Moot because it was my first 6.5 years ago and everyone knows disco is life.

Chuka and Champawat and Kraitkin are also up there with ones I like the most

Kraitkin looks really good (even for an underwater) and Chuka's entire crafting quest was one of the most absorbing things I've done in this game. Plus it looks dope.

Howler's probably the one to round out my top 3 though. Just wish warhorn had better usages.