d912pxy (DirectX 12 upgrade for GW2)

That's a shame for the arena net team, One person alone can port the GW2 from the old and obsolete DX9 to the newer DX12! thing that the whole arena net team still hasn't gotten!Improving my fps average from 20 to 40 in battlegrounds! and over 50fps in the open world! making the game playable today! with the latest hardware!The least you anera NET should do now is to add this MOD dx12 to the default game, as it is perfectly operational (and make a good donation to the creator of the mod! For doing your work).Here is my thanks for "megai2" for the amazing job with port GW2 to DX 12! You same many guys like me!And here goes my disappointment with the arena net team, you want my money with micro transactions, but there is not the slightest interest in improving my gameplay!

If a person alone can do it, how can you not?

Even the developer of the mod has pointed out that they are offering a kludge, not a port. They don't have to make sure it's stable in all situations.

there is not the slightest interest in improving my gameplay!Do some more research before making such claims. ANet has done all sorts of things to improve game performance (presumably what you meant). Some of the efficiencies have gone into displaying more effects or making them look better. Some have been to add options to tone down GFX. Some have gone into improved network resiliency.

More importantly, ANet has extensively vetted the idea of accommodating DX12 and has determined that it would cost a lot, without offering enough people enough of a performance gain to make it worthwhile.

I'm not saying you need to agree with their choice. They haven't, for example, gone into detail about what they might work on instead. Their decision to choose differently doesn't mean they have no interest; it just means that they don't agree with your analysis.

• 1 month later...

Having another translator in middle of the process is not the same as native support. A simplified but somewhat inaccurate and incomplete representation would be Game Engine > dx > Chip Driver. If you use a wrapper, which is what you're using, not a port, you're going to add another translation in middle of the process. While it will enable the bells and whistles of dx12 such what you are experiencing, it is far from the theoretical potential of native support. Don't get me wrong, i like the wrapper and the author is amazing and i'm not white knighting arenanet when i absolutely hate their balancing attemts but people should realize that native application support is a bigger undertaking than they think it is. I'm pretty sure this won't be the last post of this kind so...just saying.

@yMpuu.8762 said:The mod gave me shimmering all over the game. Also WHO would use 2 gpu's for that game, more like take a dual CPU MOBO as the game relies heavily on CPU processing power.Same. I'm not considering this a work around just yet. This means I can't play the game with the 5700XT. * Please know I don't personally care exactly.

@Maze.3825 said:

@"yMpuu.8762" said:The mod gave me shimmering all over the game. Also WHO would use 2 gpu's for that game, more like take a dual CPU MOBO as the game relies heavily on CPU processing power.Same. I'm not considering this a work around just yet. This means I can't play the game with the 5700XT. * Please know I don't personally care exactly.

try d9vk. i've heard good reports from other 5700 users, and it works great for me on Linux. runs better than on windows.

On "shimmering":

-How I can fix that wierd pop ins and character portraits?For fresh install of d912pxy it is normal as shader cache is being built.

But if you still experience big load times and you really want good portraits you can enable PSO precompile, but be warned - it will raise RAM and VRAM usage by big amounts!

Read on [sdb] section of config file https://github.com/megai2/d912pxy/wiki/Custom-configuration

On placebo effects:There is built in tool to compare performance, configurable with perf_graph and use_dx9 options.Somehow no one used it to make up some solid arguments other than self perception.

On d9vk:While for linux it works really well compared to wine d3d & other things, i did not encounter any changes between stock dx9 on windows.Maybe 5700xt dx9 driver is so bad that anything helps, dunno.