AMD GPU for 4k?

The 590 is fast enough, but a 30% faster Vega 56 costs only 25% more at the moment so I would go for the Vega.

Navi (5700(XT)) GPUs have less CPU overhead than both due to a newer (better) architecture. So in general you will achieve better fps in CPU bound scenarios, but I would not buy a Navi GPU for GW2 at the moment as there is obviously some driver issue causing drops to low fps specifically in GW2.

@Ansau.7326 said:590 is only capable at core maps, as soon as you enter HoT or PoF fps go down to 40s (that is what I'm getting with my 580 oced with tweaked timings).

Minimum to play Gw2 confortably at 4k is Vega 56.And I have a 590 an it runs at 4K/60 even in PoF maps.

Have you enabled supersampling in the options menu on top of 4K so that you are effectively playing at 6 or 7K? Supersampling raises your effective resolution. That's not 4K anymore then.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@"Ansau.7326" said:590 is only capable at core maps, as soon as you enter HoT or PoF fps go down to 40s (that is what I'm getting with my 580 oced with tweaked timings).

Minimum to play Gw2 confortably at 4k is Vega 56.And I have a 590 an it runs at 4K/60 even in PoF maps.

Have you enabled supersampling in the options menu on top of 4K so that you are effectively playing at 6 or 7K? Supersampling raises your effective resolution. That's not 4K anymore then.

I can also get 60fps in HoT and PoF maps if that's what I wanted to show. But I say that because it isn't hard to find an open big area where gpus get hammered.RX 580: