what if outnumbered created a real double team?

Stand The Wall.6987

if two servers are outnumbered by another zerg server, then those two smaller servers are put on the same side and can't attack each other. if they have one anothers objectives, they get neutralized.

obviously outnumbered would have to be changed in such a way that it couldn't be manipulated - how to do that I don't know.

anyway just a thought.

editsquad by squad basis makes more sense, sort of lol.

I would prefer not having to hard force sides to cooperate to beat on the winning or biggest side currently online, they should make sense of the situation and make that choice themselves, I would prefer mechanics in the game to steer people in those directions. Like if a side has outnumbered their objectives are worth 0 for capture but they earn 5x points for capturing something, while the winning side objectives are worth like 10x more than normal capture points. The scaling rewards they mentioned, of having to take a harder defended objective being worth more than something that had barely anyone defending.

There needs to be mechanics in the game to force double teams onto the winning bigger sides, not focus and streamroll on the weakest and easiest side to conquer, that's always been this games major flaw for a 3 way setting.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:if two servers are outnumbered by another zerg server, then those two smaller servers are put on the same side and can't attack each other. if they have one anothers objectives, they get neutralized.

obviously outnumbered would have to be changed in such a way that it couldn't be manipulated - how to do that I don't know.

anyway just a thought.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:wow lol this is a horrible idea.

WvW is a 3 sided match. Outnumbered servers do work together at times anyway, and that should be an option, not a forced design choice. And it defeats the purpose of tactical decision making and player autonomy the mode was built around.