Charr Players: How does your character feel about the alliance with Flame Legion?

Weindrasi.3805

In the upcoming All Legions Meet in Grothmar Wardowns, Flame Legion will be participating. As a sign of good faith, they will be performing a ritual to get rid of the ghosts of Ascalon. It seems like there may be a permanent alliance between Flame Legion and the other legions. However, this is bound to present problems. There are centuries of hatred between Flame and the Allied Legions, as well as massive cultural differences. Namely, the Flame Legion worship of Gods and emphasis on magic; and the slave status of Flame women.So, charr players. How do YOUR charr characters feel about a meet and alliance with Flame Legion ?

My characters...Kione Abysmfall is a soldier in the Blood Legion, and her feelings are fairly standard--Flame Legion is disgusting, and she'd rather be smashing Shaman heads. She doesn't like or trust Flame, and she isn't going to hide the fact. HOWEVER, during her time in the Pact, she worked with my other character--an ex-Flame slave, Asynda. Depending on how everything works out, her grudging respect for Asynda may (or may not) temper her response.

Asynda, who is infertile, was the lowest of the low in Flame Legion--what good is a female that can't breed? However, she caught the eye of the Legionnaire who ran the breeding farm where she worked--and she lived as his personal slave for years. This gave her a level of comfort and security most females never knew, and the other slaves hated her for it. However, after Gaheron Baelfire and Asynda's Legionnaire were killed, she lost her security and was forced to flee for her life as Flame Legion shattered into warring splinter groups. She ended up working at a brothel in Lion's Arch, until being recruited by the Order of Whispers and dragged into the Pact's battle against the Dragons.Asynda is still loyal to the Flame Legion, and she views the Allied Legions with disdain--although she has grudging respect for Kione. When she heard that Flame Legion would be attending the All Legions' Meet, she determined to go. Even though she has gained a taste for freedom, she misses her Legion and her people--and (much to Kione's revulsion) she is considering using the Meet to abandon the Pact and return to Flame.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Arden.7480" said:I doubt it's possible lore wise.

You realize that's actually what's happening in the first release of The Icebrood Saga, right? https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/september-04-2019/From the page "The Main Events""If you've never envisioned helping Flame Legion shamans channel powerful fire magic, at least it's for a good cause: bringing their sacred flame to an enormous effigy to perform a unifying ritual""Members of the Flame legion are eager to prove themselves to their fellow charr. There's nothing like a little ghost banishing to bring people together, so join soldiers from all four legions on a trip to Doomlore Shrine."

I mean..the female Charr i RP as wont like it. I dont really like it either, unless these flame legion charr are like Olmhakhan and trying to leave? Makes no sense, i highly doubt the other legions would -love- to go back to ye olden days, especially now given that Females have an equal standing(AKA: not just breeding slaves or playthings.). So im curious how they are going to go about doing this without destroying the lore theyve built for the flame legion.

MY Human character Tarwin suspects the Flame Legion may have a plan that somehow puts the wicked flame legion shamans somehow in charge of the Legions and that it be another bloody civil war among the charr and another war with the humans force to fight the charr again. MY female charr character Oganna Yimshi dose not like the Flame Legion or this meeting and suspects that they must have some sort of back up plan to take over the Legions again. Both Tarwin Steel my male human character and Oganna Yimshi my female charr character are both lovers in my lore story back grounds for them both, and both while they won't outright attack the shamans of flame Legion yet, they be ready for whatever flame Legion has got planned.

I doubt they are like the Olmhakhan, but if you review the recent Flame Legion lore it makes sense. Flame Legion was last united under Gaheron Baelfire. The Pact killed Gaheron, and that threw Flame into civil war. Every Flame splinter faction that started to gain power was killed by the Pact or by Scarlet Briar. Flame Legion is pretty much in shambles.Interestingly, if you watch the short video showcasing that "Metal Legion" charr band, you see Flame Legion soldiers in the audience. Among them is a female charr, wearing armor in Flame Legion colors, carrying weapons.Way back at the start of the Personal Story, if you play Blood Legion, Elexus Shredskin makes a comment while fighting the Flame Legion: "Maybe if I kill enough of your males, your females will take over again."Tons and tons of Flame Legion males have died in the Flame civil war, or fighting the Pact--and it has me wondering. Was there a Kalla Scorchrazor style uprising in midst of the Flame civil war?At the very least, every Flame Legion extremist who has tried to lead them has died. Maybe someone with more moderate or open views took over.

@"Weindrasi.3805" said:I doubt they are like the Olmhakhan, but if you review the recent Flame Legion lore it makes sense. Flame Legion was last united under Gaheron Baelfire. The Pact killed Gaheron, and that threw Flame into civil war. Every Flame splinter faction that started to gain power was killed by the Pact or by Scarlet Briar. Flame Legion is pretty much in shambles.Interestingly, if you watch the short video showcasing that "Metal Legion" charr band, you see Flame Legion soldiers in the audience. Among them is a female charr, wearing armor in Flame Legion colors, carrying weapons.Way back at the start of the Personal Story, if you play Blood Legion, Elexus Shredskin makes a comment while fighting the Flame Legion: "Maybe if I kill enough of your males, your females will take over again."Tons and tons of Flame Legion males have died in the Flame civil war, or fighting the Pact--and it has me wondering. Was there a Kalla Scorchrazor style uprising in midst of the Flame civil war?At the very least, every Flame Legion extremist who has tried to lead them has died. Maybe someone with more moderate or open views took over.

Maybe the female charr took over yeah that would not be a surprise a group of female charr may have taken over a faction of flame legion charr and either enslave the male charr in Legion or treated as equals since freeing themselves from the rest of the flame Legion. and yeah the flame legion has lost so many male charr so now I think they are out numbered to the point the female charr took over and turn the tables on the male charr and maybe enslave the few male charr that remianed in flame legion since well they are not too happy with the male charr in flame legion. Oh and since my male human Tarwin and my female charr character Oganna are mates even if they are from two different races in a made up story, the female charr may choose to take male humans as mates since they hate hate the male charr of their legion and all that. Which well up further chances of a long lasting peace between the humans and the charr legions of course many human men may be very scared of the fact that female charrr from flame want to pick them as mates over male charr. Course when those human men learn why female charr from flame legion are doing that well they will understand. But it dose not mean every human will accept it and still hate the charr but the newer generations of human may be more accepting even if their parents will not agree.

@Telwyn.1630 said:

@"Weindrasi.3805" said:I doubt they are like the Olmhakhan, but if you review the recent Flame Legion lore it makes sense. Flame Legion was last united under Gaheron Baelfire. The Pact killed Gaheron, and that threw Flame into civil war. Every Flame splinter faction that started to gain power was killed by the Pact or by Scarlet Briar. Flame Legion is pretty much in shambles.Interestingly, if you watch the short video showcasing that "Metal Legion" charr band, you see Flame Legion soldiers in the audience. Among them is a female charr, wearing armor in Flame Legion colors, carrying weapons.Way back at the start of the Personal Story, if you play Blood Legion, Elexus Shredskin makes a comment while fighting the Flame Legion: "Maybe if I kill enough of your males, your females will take over again."Tons and tons of Flame Legion males have died in the Flame civil war, or fighting the Pact--and it has me wondering. Was there a Kalla Scorchrazor style uprising in midst of the Flame civil war?At the very least, every Flame Legion extremist who has tried to lead them has died. Maybe someone with more moderate or open views took over.

Maybe the female charr took over yeah that would not be a surprise a group of female charr may have taken over a faction of flame legion charr and either enslave the male charr in Legion or treated as equals since freeing themselves from the rest of the flame Legion. and yeah the flame legion has lost so many male charr so now I think they are out numbered to the point the female charr took over and turn the tables on the male charr and maybe enslave the few male charr that remianed in flame legion since well they are not too happy with the male charr in flame legion. Oh and since my male human Tarwin and my female charr character Oganna are mates even if they are from two different races in a made up story, the female charr may choose to take male humans as mates since they hate hate the male charr of their legion and all that. Which well up further chances of a long lasting peace between the humans and the charr legions of course many human men may be very scared of the fact that female charrr from flame want to pick them as mates over male charr. Course when those human men learn why female charr from flame legion are doing that well they will understand. But it dose not mean every human will accept it and still hate the charr but the newer generations of human may be more accepting even if their parents will not agree.

"But MOOOOOOOOM, it's TRUE LOVE!"Sounds like the newest saucy YA novel to hit the Black Lion Bookstore haha

Would be interesting. But i doubt we will get that level of detail on what went down behind the scenes inside the flame legion. The lore id love to actually find out about, but the lore they dont provide details on(Same for the nightmare court, and all the other minor villians). If they dont answer the -how- and -why- of this change, ill be disappointed, but not surprised, regardless it wont change how i play my character.

@Dante.1763 said:

Would be interesting. But i doubt we will get that level of detail on what went down behind the scenes inside the flame legion. The lore id love to actually find out about, but the lore they dont provide details on(Same for the nightmare court, and all the other minor villians). If they dont answer the -how- and -why- of this change, ill be disappointed, but not surprised, regardless it wont change how i play my character.

We may not get a novel's worth of info about it, but I don't believe that Arenanet would just be like "Flame's friendly and gender equal now because reasons, bye." Especially after announcing that they're using this Living Story season to focus on Charr and Norn lore specifically. The how and why will definitely be answered--maybe not in as much depth as a charr lore nerd dreams of--but enough so any changes make sense.

Aldin: Dumb charr are still charr. As long as they're fighting the same enemies instead of against us, I have no objections. Any whiff of betrayal, or insubordination, like so many of their dumb predecessors, and I'll skin them just as quickly. Maybe the human queen would enjoy a new traitor-skin rug as a peace offering?

Mirouri: Can't say I'm a fan of the burnout legion. They've caused me and my warband no end of... "trouble". Now suddenly they want to play nice? What are they up to? Definitely having my Shadow Fiend keeping its eyes on them...

Myrrick: No. Never. You can't trust any of those matchsticks. I'll follow my Imperator's orders to fight, but I won't go out of my way to avoid them either. They get caught in my barrages, that's their fault. Isn't that right, Chili? *nuzzles the drake

@Weindrasi.3805 said:

@"Arden.7480" said:I doubt it's possible lore wise.

You realize that's actually what's happening in the first release of The Icebrood Saga, right?
From the page "The Main Events""If you've never envisioned helping Flame Legion shamans channel powerful fire magic, at least it's for a good cause: bringing their sacred flame to an enormous effigy to perform a unifying ritual""Members of the Flame legion are eager to prove themselves to their fellow charr. There's nothing like a little ghost banishing to bring people together, so join soldiers from all four legions on a trip to Doomlore Shrine."

In short, they're going to try and wipe out a large number of ghosts with their magic. If they're successful I really doubt it'll be a permanent deal. Also we're not making an alliance. At least not yet. We're letting them make their case and we're going to agree not to kill them on sight for the occasion.

Now if this ritual really does do away with ghosts permanently maybe they have a chip to barter with. Remains to be seen. Though we still have Magdaer and Sohothin and at least one of the human royals around that can be used to uncurse Ascalon. So even then they don't have something exclusive.

Well since the Leader of the Flame legion was killed during Core game and a replacement was never brought in or mentioned, Then we had some flame legion go and join the Molten Alliance. Chances are the Flame legion is more broken up then we may realize and the ones who are joining us in reuniting the legions, may be just wanting to come home to the others since the Claw of Kahnor has been found.Or it is a ploy by Flame legion to get back into good graces with the other Legions and tempt to claim the Claw.

Charr mode: On a more serious note, I think this is amazing, more power to the Legions with all warfare areas covered.

The Flame Legion knows well enough that it's time to change the old ways or perish under the power of other nations and all they have to do is to adopt the "Charr Rights" and start believing in their own power and not false gods. (...though I'm ready to be their God if needed)

They've seen us defeat 3 Elder Dragons! If they still follow the means to achiev more power, well, we are the "power" right now.

I play a female charr ranger from the Iron Legion. Even if both seem opposite, I feel like knowing nature is the best way to make our technology efficient. I was always intrigued by the possibilities of magic but the legions are more suspicious than respectful toward a magic user. So there was only the flame legion left. Because they do not accept women as fighters, I guess the best I could do was killing some to get their clothing (I still wear them). Even after joining the pact where people are much more open to magic, I was still feeling like I was missing something. In the jungle of maguuma I had the opportunity to develop a new link with nature. This felt really satisfying. Suddenly I was able use the power of nature to help (as the hylek and nuhoch say, the jungle provides). The desert made me more focused on survival. I do enjoy a challenge and it felt natural to go back to a fighting style. It is only when we met the olmhakan that I felt a need to go back to magic. I hope that through interactions with the flame legions and the olmakhan I will find a new way to interact with the nature.For charrs in general? I feel like this will only lead to tensions and an opportunity for the flame legion to recruit or make a catastrophic explosion. Now I am not even sure they know how their magic work and do not care about joining them, maybe I will be proven wrong. (I feel like our guild is way better than the flame legion :) but I still miss my original warband, they had so much personality and I want to see some of them again)

@Weindrasi.3805 said:

@Weindrasi.3805 said:I doubt they are like the Olmhakhan, but if you review the recent Flame Legion lore it makes sense. Flame Legion was last united under Gaheron Baelfire. The Pact killed Gaheron, and that threw Flame into civil war. Every Flame splinter faction that started to gain power was killed by the Pact or by Scarlet Briar. Flame Legion is pretty much in shambles.Interestingly, if you watch the short video showcasing that "Metal Legion" charr band, you see Flame Legion soldiers in the audience. Among them is a female charr, wearing armor in Flame Legion colors, carrying weapons.Way back at the start of the Personal Story, if you play Blood Legion, Elexus Shredskin makes a comment while fighting the Flame Legion: "Maybe if I kill enough of your males, your females will take over again."Tons and tons of Flame Legion males have died in the Flame civil war, or fighting the Pact--and it has me wondering. Was there a Kalla Scorchrazor style uprising in midst of the Flame civil war?At the very least, every Flame Legion extremist who has tried to lead them has died. Maybe someone with more moderate or open views took over.

We may not get a novel's worth of info about it, but I don't believe that Arenanet would just be like "Flame's friendly and gender equal now because reasons, bye." Especially after announcing that they're using this Living Story season to focus on Charr and Norn lore specifically. The how and why will definitely be answered--maybe not in as much depth as a charr lore nerd dreams of--but enough so any changes make sense.

Time will tell, i dont have much hope for any of that info coming out, i could be wrong it happens.