Why isn't this a thing in pvp?

Shadow Dragon.1469

Honestly having a downstate in pvp is kitten and should be removed. If u got out played or made a mistake and are killed than u should be killed and respawn. This BS where u can out play someone than spend time killing them in downstate to have another player or two to come around and kill u while ur weakened to just revive the player u just defeated is ridiculous, but than again that's arenet for u.

@Ninestrings.2815 said:I disagree. With the current one-shot mechanic with some cheesy power/condi exterm builds, you can get rekted in seconds even if you are pro. downedstate allows you to counter it if your team is responsive. so no, don't remove it. Learn to play around it. Start by pressure cleave, and interupts on res.

i didn't say to remove it that's not what the topic is about check out the link in the OP, i'm asking for them to evolve the downstate to the way it is currently in pve it would be competitively better than it is right now in pvp this is what i'm trying to get input on if someone can tag a dev in this that would be awesome.

No downstate should definitely be experimented with. Fast respawns, less management, less newbs making rookie mistakes by leaving a downed enemy unattended. Points will be capped faster and teamfights become more snowball-y.

If not that, having a penalty is mandatory IMO. Why are you not punished for being downed 4 times within a minute? This happened before to an enemy and they kept rezzing with their allies due to annoying rez mechnics (Well of Blood, signet) there should be a punishment...

I can appreciate if people want a No Downstate event occasionally but this shouldn't be a permanent fixture of the game mode.Removing downstate permanently = dumbing the game down further.It would de-value support classes heavily, making the game more damage centric. After the last period of that meta I'm pretty sure no one wants this as permanent feature.I don't think the Downed Penalty would be a good idea. It would make games more snowball-y. Landslide games would be even more common than now.

@"Shadow Dragon.1469" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Downed_penalty

it would actually be a great change if it was added in.

tagged:arenanet

lol i dont know how to tag

+1'd it.

This really does need to happen with how much revive power is in the game now.

Oh and to those who are out there requesting it, please stop asking for no downstate spvp. it's not going to work and it would break the game mode in so many ways that it isn't worth testing. If you can't self identify why this is, I'm not going to explain it because if you had EVEN gone into wvw and seen what happened with the transition of meta & dynamic during no downstate weekends, you'd immediately understand why this would be broken in conquest.

Just one example is how no downstate would allow very dominant players to quite seriously 1v4 and 1v5. Are you ready for that to happen? Because it would get real in a hurry if no downstate was added in spvp. Judging from the amount of complaint against duo queues and 1800 players in general, I don't think that 95% of this community is going to be able to handle that.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@"Shadow Dragon.1469" said:

+1'd it.

Oh and to those who are out there requesting it, please stop asking for no downstate spvp. it's not going to work and it would break the game mode in so many ways that it isn't worth testing. If you can't self identify why this is, I'm not going to explain it because if you had EVEN gone into wvw and seen what happened with the transition of meta & dynamic during no downstate weekends, you'd immediately understand why this would be broken in conquest.

Just one example is how no downstate would allow very dominant players to quite seriously 1v4 and 1v5. Are you ready for that to happen? Because it would get real in a hurry if no downstate was added in spvp. Judging from the amount of complaint against duo queues and 1800 players in general, I don't think that 95% of this community is going to be able to handle that.

Ur last paragraph shows the exact issue with downstate and why it should never been added lmao. It would allow dominant players to 1v4? If u and 3 other people lose to a better player or make some serious mistakes to the point u lose when facing a player u outnumber than u should die not get razed and ur hand held while ur other buddy keeps the player busy so u can try again. Downstate is one of the things breaking the pvp modes. Especially given some downstate are grossly op compared to others as well as some specs revive ability.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

+1'd it.

Ur last paragraph shows the exact issue with downstate and why it should never been added lmao. It would allow dominant players to 1v4? If u and 3 other people lose to a better player or make some serious mistakes to the point u lose when facing a player u outnumber than u should die not get razed and ur hand held while ur other buddy keeps the player busy so u can try again. Downstate is one of the things breaking the pvp modes. Especially given some downstate are grossly op compared to others as well as some specs revive ability.

I'm pretty sure he's referencing the builds that can dish out 100k dmg on a few players, but can't down them easily after. There are a lot, but they are countered by downstates and reviving. If there weren't downstates, all you'd see are one shot builds teamed with someone who can stealth.

@OddFinrir.6801 said:

+1'd it.

I'm pretty sure he's referencing the builds that can dish out 100k dmg on a few players, but can't down them easily after. There are a lot, but they are countered by downstates and reviving. If there weren't downstates, all you'd see are one shot builds teamed with someone who can stealth.

Ahhh one shot builds, another thing that should be removed imo.