Weekly Ranked Rewards

TheGrimm.5624

@X T D.6458 said:I have never personally been in favor of rewarding servers for winning. I prefer rewarding individual progress and activity. I think the current system is really good and gives us pretty much most if not everything we need. We have reward tracks, can earn ascended gear, and can even make legendary armor not to mention a lot of other things we can acquire. I can still remember the older days when you could spend an entire night in WvW and never have to clean your inventory because you barely received any loot or rewards.

Don't get me wrong, I agree we moved up, but I don't think we are as of yet on par with the other game modes and for a long time we have had players asking for a bit more incentive to winning. Looking for a two prong solution. I play today knowing that winning means just moving up, and I think the core we have left are the same or think on it that it doesn't matter at all. We have accounted for all those people, but I feel we have had others leave because they feel opposite of the core that remains. Some are still in game, so how do we appeal to them.

I quite often havoc or roam and zerg surf from time to time, hence I agree with individual rewards but you need server rewards as well to keep people from just going in getting their own personal done and think, ok I am done. Now part of a smaller guild but could also see guild incentives and weeklies that could tie into this system as long as it was scaled on guild size. Afterall once servers are removed we are only left with individual, guild and alliance pride. The random named grouping will be meaningless since it will be dissolved each 8 weeks.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Syrus.2174" said:I think that giving rewards for winning the match up would just encourage and worsen the amount of winning-team-joining and server stacking that is already happening.There are already rewards depending on position during the skirmish ticks, pip amount can make quite a difference.

Overall I'd rather wish to see more rewards for flipping objectives, especially when it's a more defended one, as well as more rewards for fighting. Currently a zerg fight is only good once, and when you kill a zerg a second time, usually somewhat shortly after, there is barely any reward from it, especially the WXP amount drops significantly. It should be much more dependend on what the player you killed did before they got killed again, if they "participated" a lot, they should also be worth more, like when the dealt a lot of damage, healing or killed someone, etc.

As much as I would overall want a reward for winning a match up, I just don't think it would work with the current matchup and server system. Servers would get stacked to oblivion, one server in top tier would probably always be stuck as second place, ...In my opinion a focus on the smaller scale might be better than on the large scale, winning skirmishes and such, taking and defending objectives, winning zerg fights...

Points are valid and agree with a number of them. Not in favor of stacking and am hoping that alliances and cap on the new shards account for this. I don't think this has to be mutually exclusive, but agree the system needs to discourage stacking. One thing I am waiting on details on is their mention that they are reviewing how rewards are handled when you have a group taking something empty versus defended. I am hoping they are also considering amount of effort in that. As stated above, an empty structure is empty and is easy to take, but was there more value in 3 players taking that or 50. We should have a different conversation on that. Maybe part of the equation here is some calculation that adjusted the end numbers that balanced the difference in servers doing more with less. Been discussed before about an objective having a total value that is then divided but the numbers used versus the flat numbers we have now. Concern there is you still want some minimums to discourage calls for people to leave since you are taking from my rewards. Again, this conversation is less about zerging though so slightly off topic.

@starhunter.6015 said:Out manned servers, and defenders should be rewarded more.

Agree! But again that is another conversation. It's hard to defend now and not very rewarding since if you delay a larger force and no one comes, you are still going to lose and be left with that lose and with the thought of, was that time well spent?

@TwilightSoul.9048 said:I was gonna make a similar thread so thanks for saving me the effort :DSo far I was never really aware that you don't actually get anything for beeing on the server that finishes in first place but that just so happened to happen to my server yesterday. Since then I've been thinking about what that reward could be if we had one and weather having one would make sense.Obviously you're already beeing rewarded by getting more pips when playing on the winning server which is probably the better way to reward people since it doesn't encourage jumping servers as much as other options. However just getting more pips than the loosing servers doesn't feel as much like winning as a golden reward chest at the end of the week would and I do believe that it would encourage people to pull through a little more.

So: Yes, I could see that. But I imagine a different reward as what you descibed. I've been thinking that it's probably best to only give the reward chest (Bronze/Silver/Gold, based on how the Server finished) to those players that have finished Wood Tier (Minimum) and the Rewards in the final Reward Chest at the end of the week should scale based on which reward tier the player has reached.The content of the Chests should be something like this:

(In the following I will shorten the Skirmish reward tiers as follows: Wood - w, Bronze - b, Silver - s, Gold - g, Platinum - p, Mithril - m, Diamond - d)Amount of each Item will depend on the achieved reward tier.Bronze:

• WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets w:1, b:2, s:4, g:6, p:8, m:10, d:12
  • Memory of Battle w:1, b:2, s:3, g:4, p:5, m:6, d:8
  • Mist-Warped Packet wbsgpmd:2
  • Mist-Warped Bundle sgpmd:1
  • Mystic Coin sgpmd:1
  • Grandmaster Mark Shard sgpmd:1

Silver:

• WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets w:2, b:4, s:6, g:8, p:10, m:12, d:14
  • Memory of Battle w:2, b:3, s:4, g:5, p:6, m:7, d:9
  • Mist-Warped Packet wbsgpmd:4
  • Mist-Warped Bundle sgpmd:2
  • Mystic Coin sgpmd:2
  • Grandmaster Mark Shard sgpmd:2

Gold:

• WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets w:3, b:5, s:7, g:9, p:11, m:13, d:15
  • Memory of Battle w:3, b:4, s:5, g:6, p:7, m:8, d:10
  • Mist-Warped Packet wbsgpmd:6
  • Mist-Warped Bundle sgpmd:3
  • Mystic Coin sgpmd:3
  • Grandmaster Mark Shard sgpmd:3

Numbers are somewhat inspired by the current reward tiers so that it stays somewhat fair and encourages actually playing WvW instead of just finishing wood tier to get some reward.

I personally would really like something like this as it would feel very rewarding after having spent time and effort to keep the server on first place and it rewards the community effort as well and not just the efforts of those that can afford to spend the most time in the game (as is currently the case with pips beeing the only scaling reward).

When you are talking personal rewards addressing consistency over weeks is a great thing and should be considered. I also think they could create competitive nature in players with more stats as well. How did I do over the weeks in various stats; kills, finishing blows, spikes, takes per types of objectives, yaks, sentries, periods played, time played, ppt, outnumbered and the likes. Now whether this is shared across the alliance/server is questionable, maybe it optional if others can see your number or maybe it's just presented as your numbers compared to the server/alliance for the metrics or its a mixed that some are and some aren't. This could be rewarding without even attaching any loot to it. As has been said, people also like to chase numbers. 'How did I do? 75th in periods, I need to get a move on. 105 in kills, where is that roamer.'

@Ben K.6238 said:I'm not against the general idea, because winning should be better than losing. However, it wouldn't be recommended to implement this before population fixes, as the easiest way to get the best reward would just be to transfer to Blackgate.

Agree, discussing now in hopes that things can be considered after alliances or to share what people are thinking as the code alliances. System doesn't work if we don't have more balance in groupings or quicker ways to get people in the right tier versus +1/-1.

@Gop.8713 said:

Okay, then if you're looking at rewards as a way to draw more ppl in rather than more 'fairly' compensate the ppl who are already here there is another factor to consider, and that is the kind of player would rewards attract. The vast majority of wvw's problems are player-driven, evidenced by the fact that we need anet to force balanced matchups. If players were in it for the gameplay they would naturally gravitate towards balanced matchups by themselves. Adding rewards to attract players would probably attract more of the kind of players that create these sorts of problems . . .

So instead of creating persistent weekly rewards, wvw is better served by these one-offs, like gob, the mount or weekly events, that attract new players, some of whom will enjoy it and stay, and others won't enjoy it and won't return. Keeping more of that second group would be a detriment . . .

I think we could do both. Weeklies for the vets and people that think there is no reason to win so why play, and more events to draw in people to try and see if they like and will stick around after. And I hear the people that say I would prefer less queues, but you have to remember if the alliance system works as discussed then that calculation should be creating as many shards as needed to balance and not stack so it's all just queues. The only thing I could say is positive about queues is that sometimes queues do create more demand since people feel less like they can just jump in whenever. But agree, no one likes to wait, and if you are a player that switches toons based on need it's even worse.

So let me get this 100% straight the vocal minority who poo-poo on EVERY SINGLE POST dedicated to worth-while solutions, additions and otherwise good changes come in here and complain that "Server stacking would be worse!" It's already bad as it is and without a proper rework the game-mode is going to continue to decline; When we run out of people to fight and one color keeps dominating then we will be in trouble. And don't think for a moment that one color will "Not" dominate because we swap sides and match-ups change, because there are already servers which rofl-stomp everyone else. The point of the post was to offer various incentitives to get the casual pve audience into WvW. "

We have legendary armor, backpiece ect? Not enough. Raiding takes WAAAAY less time and effort to achieve the same desired effect, as does PvP so WvW is a waste of time in the eyes of a new player. As someone who came off the back of Warhammer online to here frankly WvW feels like "Babies first RvR", it doesn't offer enough SUBSTANTIAL reward. We Don't have things that could be useful elsewhere and we don't have cool things to do that can only be done in WvW, I love roaming and fighting for the sake of killing others. I love the feeling I Get when I get in and kill people, knowing someone is on the other end because its more intuitive than PvE mob grinding but its not as lucrative as say farming silverwastes, dragons-fall or dragon stand. The only reason you could potentially go to WvW is to get gifts of battle but you can get that from PvP as well, which offers far more in terms of "Bang for buck".

I've seen this kind of shit before with warhammer, where the mode begins to be un-rewarding and other game modes outweigh it. The mode will dwindle and then be left to rot; We don't want this and I don't believe "Alliances" will solve the underlying problem. Players at least most players, need more than a fight as a reason to subject themselves to activities that involve competition. They will always take the path of least resistance which is why PvE is so vast and we are so small, new maps, alliances and rotating maps could solve some of the "Issues". But without really snazzy, substantial and meaty rewards there will never be a buzz about this game mode and it will remain niche (We don't want this.) We need change and the game needs change; We need more cadence to WvW because as it stands its a good bridge between PvE and PvP. There are players who will "never" play a pvp type game mode, and there are players who won't touch PvE with a thirty foot pole and we need to take that into account making special rewards for WvW could "Persuade" people to change that view.

! Battle/armored/WvW/Guild themed mount skins, ONLY obtainable in WvW and through leveling in WvW (Long term goal.)! Legendary weapons that can ONLY be obtained through WvW! Unique appearences that stand out from the current game; That are themed around the mists and all that encompasses them.! Active changes in maps/more maps. (Why not one of the god realms? A say Fissure of Woe themed map or melandru themed map could be cool. Put it on rotation and cycle them out every reset. More spice of life and variety.)! Increased build diversity! More meta-shakeups! Potential Elite specs, only unlockable via a WvW collection! WvW masteries, and a rework of our current WvW trait system! Titles! Make it more rewarding, the longer you are in WvW. The more time spent, the more rewarding and the more lucrative it is thus providing a "reason" to continue on as a form of progression. We like when our characters grow, when we gain new insight/power/toys which is why the PvE scene has done so well without gear grinds because of differing forms of progression.! More impactful battles, better objectives and more intense situations such as citadel fights and the ability perhaps if done right to lock a side out of say EB if you claim all the way up to their home base and destroy their gates. (Offer better outnumbered benefits, make it more lucrative to be on the under-dogs side and more of an encouragement for servers to team up on the big guy. So Server X is larger than Y and Z? Y and Z team up and splintered X's forces, and they push into their territory hard and despite being outnumbered alone they outmaneuver the enemy together. Take their bases and push them out of the map, locking it down and then turn their attention on the much more even fight against one another.)! Include the branded mist areas kralk was in, and mist figures we know are there. Such as Glint, Snaff, Gwen, Vatlaaw doomtooth and so on. The mists are a living sentient memory we could have a pre-searing ascalon map where we fight over the city. We could have Dwarven maps, norn maps, jotuun cities from long ago and so so so so much more. More maps====> Rotations====> Replay-ability ====> Constant growth and change! * What about WvW infusions to boot, aura's since everyone love them so dang much. I mean think of it "Eternal war" infusion where you get the flames of the war god, or "Shadows Infusion" making you get a shadow army like aura/cosmetic addition. We could have each of the gods have an infusion then have them be able to be combined to make a new effect if using all of them. We could get dragon magic based ones, mist based ones, demon ones, hell the realm of torment could be a map and we could get demonic infusions that change and add almost like mutations. Sky is the limit

Tl:DR ~ The mode will only be as successful as we and the dev's allow, always pushing back against change is a bad idea and often times leads to stagnation. I want this game mode completely overhauled/reworked and maintained. As a WvW lover and an RvR lover; I will be sad if it doesn't get due attention because it is in my eyes far more fun than PvE. But not everyone feels that way so we need ways to get them into the game mode and retain them, as well ways to reward us for time spent outside of the simplistic band-aid stuff we have now. The more reasons to play the more people will come to stay, Fearing change and preventing it is what leads to extinction we have to evolve...as does our game mode.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

Okay, then if you're looking at rewards as a way to draw more ppl in rather than more 'fairly' compensate the ppl who are already here there is another factor to consider, and that is the kind of player would rewards attract. The vast majority of wvw's problems are player-driven, evidenced by the fact that we need anet to force balanced matchups. If players were in it for the gameplay they would naturally gravitate towards balanced matchups by themselves. Adding rewards to attract players would probably attract more of the kind of players that create these sorts of problems . . .

So instead of creating persistent weekly rewards, wvw is better served by these one-offs, like gob, the mount or weekly events, that attract new players, some of whom will enjoy it and stay, and others won't enjoy it and won't return. Keeping more of that second group would be a detriment . . .

I think we could do both. Weeklies for the vets and people that think there is no reason to win so why play, and more events to draw in people to try and see if they like and will stick around after. And I hear the people that say I would prefer less queues, but you have to remember if the alliance system works as discussed then that calculation should be creating as many shards as needed to balance and not stack so it's all just queues. The only thing I could say is positive about queues is that sometimes queues do create more demand since people feel less like they can just jump in whenever. But agree, no one likes to wait, and if you are a player that switches toons based on need it's even worse.

Yeah I don't care about queues at all, revitalize eotm so I can get those cheeves lol . . .

And I don't want to give the impression that I'm opposed to increasing wvw rewards. It's just that rewards for winning require balance first, as others have said, and rewards for participation need to be kept significantly lower than other modes, to guard against attracting ppl who are just in it for the rewards . . .

@Gop.8713 said:Yeah I don't care about queues at all, revitalize eotm so I can get those cheeves lol . . .

And I don't want to give the impression that I'm opposed to increasing wvw rewards. It's just that rewards for winning require balance first, as others have said, and rewards for participation need to be kept significantly lower than other modes, to guard against attracting ppl who are just in it for the rewards . . .

I don't want to assume here, is your thought that people that are in it just for the rewards aren't willing to fight? To me they are willing to fight but they see it as not worth the time so therefore fight the NPCs. To me another player should always pay more to kill than an NPC. If another player is looking to loot me by killing me and I am looking for a fight, isn't that the same?

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:So let me get this 100% straight the vocal minority who poo-poo on EVERY SINGLE POST dedicated to worth-while solutions, additions and otherwise good changes come in here and complain that "Server stacking would be worse!" It's already bad as it is and without a proper rework the game-mode is going to continue to decline; When we run out of people to fight and one color keeps dominating then we will be in trouble. And don't think for a moment that one color will "Not" dominate because we swap sides and match-ups change, because there are already servers which rofl-stomp everyone else. The point of the post was to offer various incentitives to get the casual pve audience into WvW. "

We have legendary armor, backpiece ect? Not enough. Raiding takes WAAAAY less time and effort to achieve the same desired effect, as does PvP so WvW is a waste of time in the eyes of a new player. As someone who came off the back of Warhammer online to here frankly WvW feels like "Babies first RvR", it doesn't offer enough SUBSTANTIAL reward. We Don't have things that could be useful elsewhere and we don't have cool things to do that can only be done in WvW, I love roaming and fighting for the sake of killing others. I love the feeling I Get when I get in and kill people, knowing someone is on the other end because its more intuitive than PvE mob grinding but its not as lucrative as say farming silverwastes, dragons-fall or dragon stand. The only reason you could potentially go to WvW is to get gifts of battle but you can get that from PvP as well, which offers far more in terms of "Bang for buck".

I've seen this kind of kitten before with warhammer, where the mode begins to be un-rewarding and other game modes outweigh it. The mode will dwindle and then be left to rot; We don't want this and I don't believe "Alliances" will solve the underlying problem. Players at least most players, need more than a fight as a reason to subject themselves to activities that involve competition. They will always take the path of least resistance which is why PvE is so vast and we are so small, new maps, alliances and rotating maps could solve some of the "Issues". But without really snazzy, substantial and meaty rewards there will never be a buzz about this game mode and it will remain niche (We don't want this.) We need change and the game needs change; We need more cadence to WvW because as it stands its a good bridge between PvE and PvP. There are players who will "never" play a pvp type game mode, and there are players who won't touch PvE with a thirty foot pole and we need to take that into account making special rewards for WvW could "Persuade" people to change that view.

!
Battle/armored/WvW/Guild themed mount skins, ONLY obtainable in WvW and through leveling in WvW (Long term goal.)!
Legendary weapons that can ONLY be obtained through WvW!
Unique appearences that stand out from the current game; That are themed around the mists and all that encompasses them.!
Active changes in maps/more maps. (Why not one of the god realms? A say Fissure of Woe themed map or melandru themed map could be cool. Put it on rotation and cycle them out every reset. More spice of life and variety.)!
Increased build diversity!
More meta-shakeups!
Potential Elite specs, only unlockable via a WvW collection!
WvW masteries, and a rework of our current WvW trait system!
Titles!
Make it more rewarding, the longer you are in WvW. The more time spent, the more rewarding and the more lucrative it is thus providing a "reason" to continue on as a form of progression. We like when our characters grow, when we gain new insight/power/toys which is why the PvE scene has done so well without gear grinds because of differing forms of progression.!
More impactful battles, better objectives and more intense situations such as citadel fights and the ability perhaps if done right to lock a side out of say EB if you claim all the way up to their home base and destroy their gates. (Offer better outnumbered benefits, make it more lucrative to be on the under-dogs side and more of an encouragement for servers to team up on the big guy. So Server X is larger than Y and Z? Y and Z team up and splintered X's forces, and they push into their territory hard and despite being outnumbered alone they outmaneuver the enemy together. Take their bases and push them out of the map, locking it down and then turn their attention on the much more even fight against one another.)!
Include the branded mist areas kralk was in, and mist figures we know are there. Such as Glint, Snaff, Gwen, Vatlaaw doomtooth and so on. The mists are a living sentient memory we could have a pre-searing ascalon map where we fight over the city. We could have Dwarven maps, norn maps, jotuun cities from long ago and so so so so much more. More maps====> Rotations====> Replay-ability ====> Constant growth and change! * What about WvW infusions to boot, aura's since everyone love them so dang much. I mean think of it "Eternal war" infusion where you get the flames of the war god, or "Shadows Infusion" making you get a shadow army like aura/cosmetic addition. We could have each of the gods have an infusion then have them be able to be combined to make a new effect if using all of them. We could get dragon magic based ones, mist based ones, demon ones, hell the realm of torment could be a map and we could get demonic infusions that change and add almost like mutations. Sky is the limit

Tl:DR ~ The mode will only be as successful as we and the dev's allow, always pushing back against change is a bad idea and often times leads to stagnation. I want this game mode completely overhauled/reworked and maintained. As a WvW lover and an RvR lover; I will be sad if it doesn't get due attention because it is in my eyes far more fun than PvE. But not everyone feels that way so we need ways to get them into the game mode and retain them, as well ways to reward us for time spent outside of the simplistic band-aid stuff we have now. The more reasons to play the more people will come to stay, Fearing change and preventing it is what leads to extinction we have to evolve...as does our game mode.

I like the ideas of additional items and goals to draw players into WvW. Again I may be wrong but I think the in game population is still high, so how do we retain existing players, bring back players that have WvWed, and add fresh blood from other game modes. One way is to goals and things to achieve, loot can a goal upon itself, but I could easily see others as well.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@Gop.8713 said:Yeah I don't care about queues at all, revitalize eotm so I can get those cheeves lol . . .

I don't want to assume here, is your thought that people that are in it just for the rewards aren't willing to fight? To me they are willing to fight but they see it as not worth the time so therefore fight the NPCs. To me another player should always pay more to kill than an NPC. If another player is looking to loot me by killing me and I am looking for a fight, isn't that the same?

No, my objection to attracting ppl with rewards is that if they are 'just in it for the rewards' they will be focused on how to maximize rewards, which is natural and rational but counter to quality gameplay. Taking your example, rewarding player kills would incentivize kill trading not gameplay, at least among those players who were motivated by the rewards . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

No, my objection to attracting ppl with rewards is that if they are 'just in it for the rewards' they will be focused on how to maximize rewards, which is natural and rational but counter to quality gameplay. Taking your example, rewarding player kills would incentivize kill trading not gameplay, at least among those players who were motivated by the rewards . . .

Kill trading incentives are already in place. The easiest way to maintain participation is to kill another player. People could already have arrangements to do that now. Even more so since winning means nothing currently, so people are more likely to disregard KDR and swap kills for whatever reason and people probably wouldn't call them out. Under a placement system dieing has more impact and people would call others out for doing so since it would impact their time where today it does not. Part of the reason I am looking at both personal and server/alliance goals would be to prevent this kind of thing. If it was all just personal goals than I think there would be more of it. Not sure I am seeing this the same way.

I understand that you don't want rewards to pull more people in, but I do to draw those that used to WvW and those that might in. I am not advocating to make it the most rewarding game mode, but it needs to be on the same level playing field and to me it is not. Again there will be differences in how much WvW costs to each given player so your mileage will vary on how much WvW costs are incurred so part of that could be differences too. Also looking at this as post alliance so we need to stop worrying about queue times, if they need more sides they can be added under the new system to keep the populations in line. Barring that, if alliances never gets put in place, then being able to make servers whole again has value as well. I have enjoyed meeting other servers but it doesn't mean I wouldn't mind having a whole server again either and people you can plan on from week to week. I appreciate the hardcore base we have now but I think most can agree the game modes runs better with higher populations. You need zergs, havocs and roamers for the game mode to shine and for PPT & PPK to be in balance. When population suffers it throws more things out of balance, be that classes, groups or scoring.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:Battle/armored/WvW/Guild themed mount skins, ONLY obtainable in WvW and through leveling in WvW (Long term goal.)Legendary weapons that can ONLY be obtained through WvW...

Nice, but the forum will explode under the cries of the non-WvW player, and as they are many more and economically more important to Anet than WvW-player this will never happen.

@Dayra.7405 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:Battle/armored/WvW/Guild themed mount skins, ONLY obtainable in WvW and through leveling in WvW (Long term goal.)Legendary weapons that can ONLY be obtained through WvW...

Nice, but the forum will explode under the cries of the non-WvW player, and as they are many more and economically more important to Anet than WvW-player this will never happen.

But they have already done similar by allowing raids to have unique skins. I don't see having each mode have unique things to acquire as unreasonable since the pattern has already been used.

@Dayra.7405 said:

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:Battle/armored/WvW/Guild themed mount skins, ONLY obtainable in WvW and through leveling in WvW (Long term goal.)Legendary weapons that can ONLY be obtained through WvW...

They have two generations of legendary weapons, as for mount skins I've already stated there should be some available to achieve in ALL The game modes. I honestly don't think A-net should care what the playerbase thinks and should do what they think is best for the game. (They clearly already do this.) Legendary weapons being available through WvW as exclusive skins wouldn't be that big of a deal. Again two generations already exist within PvE and to give WvW and hell even PvP Some cadence allowing specific skins to be earned via those modes would be good. (Like the scepter of Orr or some such thing.) After all it will merely be a cosmetic thing, and whenever someone whines you can just go. "You have two generations, play the mode or go for one of the other gen weapons."

People will cry no matter what, but we need to get the PvE babies to broaden their horizons. I play all the modes and frankly Id love for some more long term goals in terms of WvW to go along with me love of fighting/killing people.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@X T D.6458 said:I have never personally been in favor of rewarding servers for winning. I prefer rewarding individual progress and activity. I think the current system is really good and gives us pretty much most if not everything we need. We have reward tracks, can earn ascended gear, and can even make legendary armor not to mention a lot of other things we can acquire. I can still remember the older days when you could spend an entire night in WvW and never have to clean your inventory because you barely received any loot or rewards.

Don't get me wrong, I agree we moved up, but I don't think we are as of yet on par with the other game modes and for a long time we have had players asking for a bit more incentive to winning. Looking for a two prong solution. I play today knowing that winning means just moving up, and I think the core we have left are the same or think on it that it doesn't matter at all. We have accounted for all those people, but I feel we have had others leave because they feel opposite of the core that remains. Some are still in game, so how do we appeal to them.

I quite often havoc or roam and zerg surf from time to time, hence I agree with individual rewards but you need server rewards as well to keep people from just going in getting their own personal done and think, ok I am done. Now part of a smaller guild but could also see guild incentives and weeklies that could tie into this system as long as it was scaled on guild size. Afterall once servers are removed we are only left with individual, guild and alliance pride. The random named grouping will be meaningless since it will be dissolved each 8 weeks.

With alliances coming sometime between now and when the sun explodes, adding this type of reward system might be feasible, even necessary when its actually released. Since players wont have a static server to play and winning will matter even less than it does now...taking these two important incentives away will leave people with little reason to actually stay engaged in WvW for prolonged periods of time.