What are your thoughts about the incoming nerfs to the Longbow Auto?

anduriell.6280

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Dragonzhunter.8506" said:All these ppl who don't have ranger as main character, and coming here to toxic every single thread of ranger's forum, are nothing but pathetic.

That's the same for most classes though.Mesmer mains complain about people hating Mirage.Necro mains complain mains complain about people hating ScourgeGuardian mains complain about people hating FirebrandHolosmith mains complain about people hating Holosmith.Revenant mains complain about people hating Hammer and Shiro.Thief mains complain about people hating Stealth and constant disengaging and all the other cheap things Thieves do.

I can't remember seeing many people complain about Warrior (past the 5 signet META 6 years ago) and Elementalist being too strong though.

I don't know how many main rangers are going to other classes forums to complain about those classes, but definitely I didn't complain never on other forums than Ranger's one.If I have to say something about how hard is for me as a ranger to beat X class, or that Y class is too OP etc, I'll do it only on Ranger forum, because I'm trying to get help and discuss with other rangers about what kind of build can counter that class. It is disrespectful to go on other classes forums and say there that "Yes, your class must be nerfed till the ground, till the roots, so you can't play anymore this class".

@"Dragonzhunter.8506" said:

It is disrespectful to go on other classes forums and say there that "Yes, your class must be nerfed till the ground, till the roots, so you can't play anymore this class".

Well I definitely didn't say anything like that. I suggested nerfing a couple of overtuned skills.

Also, if you think that it is disrespectful to suggest nerfing something that is overtuned, I don't really know what to say. Either way, from the exchanges we had, I think that you have been pretty disrespectful. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

@"knite.1542" said:Nice little nerf but not really going to fix what's really annoying about soulbeasts, IMO.

I would rather the the range lowered and the damage modifiers reworked a bit.

I would say raise the CD on sic em, and make the maul damage modifier require you to hit a target.

Anet extended the range of Necro's to nearly equal distance of BOW for rangers. We're no longer the SINGLE and only profession with the longest range combat skills anymore. They changed it because, "well that's just not fair, that the Longbow has such a far reach, that no other profession can match...we should fix that.." OK, now it's been fixed. Now your saying that ranger's should now have LESS ability to reach the target...while the enemy can now reach further than us? I'm sorry why does the ranger need any more nerfs? I play WvW and 1/2 the commanders piss on the Ranger Class in total. Anet is supposed to be making us just as equally useful as the other classes, not continuously screwing us up to get shoved down a hole and making us even MORE hated in Competitive Combat.

@knite.1542 said:

It is disrespectful to go on other classes forums and say there that "Yes, your class must be nerfed till the ground, till the roots, so you can't play anymore this class".

Well I definitely didn't say anything like that. I suggested nerfing a couple of overtuned skills.

Also, if you think that it is disrespectful to suggest nerfing something that is overtuned, I don't really know what to say. Either way, from the exchanges we had, I think that you have been pretty disrespectful. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Suggesting something who it makes a class unplayable it is disrespectful. Ranger already got few nerfs in last patches. Now we can't play Druid in WvW or sPVP anymore. Core ranger isn't in a good spot either. So now we are the only class who can play only the last specialization in WvW or sPVP. Other classes can play at least 2 specialization or 1 core and 1 specialization. Remember that even with Soulbeast we are good or taken only for roaming, in GvG or zerg squad we are almost useless, at least from commanders POV.So, please, please don't tell me that asking to nerf more a class who already lost core and HoT spec , is not a disrespectful thing.Have a great day!

@KeyOrion.9506 said:

@"knite.1542" said:Nice little nerf but not really going to fix what's really annoying about soulbeasts, IMO.

I would say raise the CD on sic em, and make the maul damage modifier require you to hit a target.

Anet extended the range of Necro's to nearly equal distance of BOW for rangers. We're no longer the SINGLE and only profession with the longest range combat skills anymore. They changed it because, "well that's just not fair, that the Longbow has such a far reach, that no other profession can match...we should fix that.." OK, now it's been fixed. Now your saying that ranger's should now have LESS ability to reach the target...while the enemy can now reach further than us? I'm sorry why does the ranger need any more nerfs? I play WvW and 1/2 the commanders kitten on the Ranger Class in total. Anet is supposed to be making us just as equally useful as the other classes, not continuously screwing us up to get shoved down a hole and making us even MORE hated in Competitive Combat.

Fair point. Maybe the range should stay the same. I still definitely think damage modifiers need an adjustment though. And my issues are more for smaller scale combat than zerging.

As far as the blob aspect goes, I don't really know what changes need to be made to make ranger more wanted/viable. I think the first thing that would need to happen would be a revamp of the current meta that exists with scourges and firebrands. If that changes then it would be a step in the right directions for rangers and other classes.

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

Suggesting something who it makes a class unplayable it is disrespectful.

I doubt my changes would make ranger unplayable. As a matter of fact I know a bunch of people that play soulbeast quite well without using sic em or longbow. You have a great day as well though. Sorry if I upset you.

@knite.1542 said:

Suggesting something who it makes a class unplayable it is disrespectful.

I doubt my changes would make ranger unplayable. As a matter of fact I know a bunch of people that play soulbeast quite well without using sic em or longbow. You have a great day as well though. Sorry if I upset you.

No one cares that tons of people can do 1v1 with ranger without using longbow and sic'em, hell, I've been doing that for years. It's not the point people are trying to make.

But you completely ignored my posts, eh. Changed your avatar picture to the soulbeast icon to better blend in too, no? You're an engie main, and your profession is busted.

@Lazze.9870 said:

But you completely ignored my posts, eh. Changed your avatar picture to the soulbeast icon to better blend in too, no? You're an engie main, and your profession is busted.

Engi is busted, but this isn't the forum to talk about that on. I'm here to talk about the way that soulbeast is busted.

Sic Em is overpowered.The damage boost from maul on a 4 second cooldown is busted.The extreme range + mobility combination is busted.Just because the class is weak in one area doesn't mean it can't be overtuned in another.

@knite.1542 said:I doubt my changes would make ranger unplayable. As a matter of fact I know a bunch of people that play soulbeast quite well without using sic em or longbow. You have a great day as well though. Sorry if I upset you.

Actually it will.

Rangers use the LB not because it's the best weapon in slot, but because is one of the few usable weapons in competitive. It has range and utility which any other ranged weapon lacks and ranger needs. In fact to get those 3-4k AA crits with LB you have to go full glass (with glass traitlines) while we have the Hammer Revenant which with the same build archetype and its AA ublockable crits hit for 5-6K while having the oportunity to invest in tanking some traits and skills.

That's why even if you don't like it you end up using LB and GS, because those are the only weapons which work in WvW.

Now the buid you are talking now is the boon beast, and you are confusing PvP with WvW. The longbow nerf is exclusive for WvW.

And again, this nerf will solve nothing with those only once per combat 7-8K crits into glass targets. Or the pewpewing from the tower. It seems to me more like pandering the noise in the forums.

@knite.1542 said:

@"Lazze.9870" said:

Engi is busted, but this isn't the forum to talk about that on.Exactly! Engi is busted, why don't you go on Engi forum and yell there to nerf Engi because now it is busted?

I'm here to talk about the way that soulbeast is busted.Ranger got nerf every patch in the last 2 month.

Sic Em is overpowered.Sic'Em it is almost useless these days because it was nerfed from 40% damage to 25%.Even the "reveal" is one of the most worthless because it can be used only before the enemy is going to stealth, so many times you will spend it for nothing.Basically is not a reveal, but a skill who prevent stealth for 10sec. The thief can get reed of this instantly, and make this skill totally useless.The CD of this skill without a trait line bonus is the highest one, 35s. All other classes have a CD of 30s or warrior 5s.Please don't talk nonsense about a skill which is not anymore used/useful.

The damage boost from maul on a 4 second cooldown is busted.Maul is one of the skills with the longest animation, so a good player could dodge easily his hit.

The extreme range + mobility combination is busted.I don't know what did you want to say here ... (when we have Engi, Revenant, Thief, Mesmer, DH etc with the same range and same mobility)

Just because the class is weak in one area doesn't mean it can't be overtuned in another.Please read above, what everybody said about the Ranger spot in WvW.Also please remember that Soulbeast it is the only one who can be played well in sPVP and WvW. Core Ranger and Druid are forgotten and useless in Roaming, GvG, zerg squad in WvW. The same thing for sPVP, too.

Just because the class is weak in one area doesn't mean it can't be overtuned in another.
This is exactly why you are totally disrespectful and what you just said is exactly the meaning of this "It is disrespectful to go on other classes forums and say there that "Yes, your class must be nerfed till the ground, till the roots, so you can't play anymore this class ... in any area"."

This is exactly why you are totally disrespectful and what you just said is exactly the meaning of this "It is disrespectful to go on other classes forums and say there that "Yes, your class must be nerfed till the ground, till the roots, so you can't play anymore this class ... in any area"."

What is this "other classes forums" thing you keep throwing at me. I play ranger, I play every class in fact. Every classes forum is mine just as much as it is anyone else's. You should learn not to gatekeep and maybe to try and not get so bent out of shape when someone has an opinion that you don't like. Either way, I'm done replying to you, and I still stand by my opinion.

@knite.1542 said:

What is this "other classes forums" thing you keep throwing at me. I play ranger, I play every class in fact. Every classes forum is mine just as much as it is anyone else's. You should learn not to gatekeep and maybe to try and not get so bent out of shape when someone has an opinion that you don't like. Either way, I'm done replying to you, and I still stand by my opinion.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/62055/holosmith-is-overpowered#latest ... this is enough proof. The fact you are playing also Ranger doesn't mean anything.I have all the classes, and I played for a lot period of time Warrior and Elementalist. But my main is Ranger. Usually when you are complaining about a class it is from POV of another class (usually the one you are playing). That's why if I have to say something about another class, it will be from Ranger POV, right? Because I can't say Mesmer has too much teleport or invisibility from Thief POV. It will be hilarious. Usually or most of the time, ppl are saying their opinion/suggestions after some experiences, in our situation mostly after they lost fights vs other classes, right? Because from your POV the other class who beat you has some skills, weapons, utilities etc too powerful comparable with your class. Always when you are making a suggestion/opinion for something it is relating to something else. It is that thing "because ... " or "compare to ..." otherwise your suggestion/opinion is nothing else than bullshit. You can't say only the damage of LB of Ranger should be nerfed with 0.25% just because you want this without a reason.So, in my opinion, you are that player who got beaten by rangers, even when you played Engineer, one of the class most buffed these days.As I said, I don't like ppl, who play other classes or who were beaten by Ranger when they played other classes, who come on Ranger forums and they are complaining about that.A class forum should be to help the ppl who are playing that class, to improve that class, not to nerf it in that way that most of the ppl wouldn't play it anymore.So, my advice, if you think the Ranger is too OP, or his Longbow is too OP and for this the Autoattack should be nerfed, please go on forums of the classes you get beaten by rangers, and complain there, or ask for help, maybe there are players who can explain to you how to counter Rangers. Make on those forums a thread of how and why Ranger should be nerfed.Please let us, ppl who love Ranger, to talk on Ranger forum, about how we can improve this class, how to fix Ranger class problems, because we have many, starting with pets.

Thank you in advance!

@"KeyOrion.9506" said:A ranger that can't pick off his targets. A Necromancer well can be launched at the longest range of a Ranger now. And the wells are doing 15k-20k dmg per second PULSES...how is this even closely fair for the class that was SUPPOSED to be the long range class of the game? We try to keep combat ranged, and the necro's try to get up in your face. Seriously WHY would we want to close with a CONDI WELL OUTPUTTING 15k-20k DAMAGE PER GOD kitten SECOND ANET!

What are you talking about? Well of suffering has a coeff of 3 over 6 hits. That is only 0.5 coeff per pulse. Meanwhile longbow auto is 0.7-0.9. Power soul beast has way more modifiers than necro. How the heck would necro hit 15k-20k per pulse without sic'em? Also wells are 900 range. So are shades. Longbow is "1500" but actually is closer to 1800 range. That's almost double the range of necro wells/shades.

A MAX dps power reaper vs a golem is only doing maybe 10k per tick with the power well and the power well does twice as much damage as the condi well. There is no way a necro hits you for 15k with well of suffering unless you are naked.

Anyhow, if they want to give ranger a spot in WvW Zergs, I think the best shot is to buff SB group stability to be a contender in replacing FB in some subgroups. The only other group stability right now aside from guardian is either mantra of concentration mesmer (not long enough duration) or dwarven road on rev (which just sucks at 1 stack). Shared Dolyak stance is actually good and almost comparable to stand your ground (especially after it gets nerfed next patch). 6 second base stability, 5-6 stacks each. Stand your ground is 10 targets but will be nerfed to 3 stacks soon. So SB has the only real contender for group stab for WvW. SB just needs 1 more source of group stability.

I would do this by basically copy-pasting shared Dolyak stance onto Unflinching Fortitude. Remove the 100% dmg reduction and make it aoe stability + immunity to chill, cripple and immobilize. So only SB (not core ranger which makes it easier to balance), only when merged with a stout pet (easy to balance again) has two sources of group stability. Furthermore, the stability + immunity to chill, cripple and immobilize give SB an "unstoppable movement" niche. I could see this version of SB being useful to WvW zerg subgroups that melee push. So it wouldn't even completely replace FB in all subgroups but just a melee groups.

Giving a second class group stability that competes with FB would significantly shake up the WvW meta and give ranger a spot in zergs.

I just thought of this but another thing they need nerfed is the downstate pet heal. That things still works even after you kill the pet sometimes. Especially annoying underwater. Often times when I am crushing rangers, they run to the water and it takes forever to finally cleave them out because of that downed state skill.

@anduriell.6280 said:So lets say you all are very wrong and when a ranger defeat you you should feel very grateful of the honor of consuming the oxigen from more valuable ppl like the player whom just killed you. And the nerf is only a pandering move for the likes of dudes whom plays pve and comes to the forums to make noise about competitive modes.

1) I never said I was for or against that nerf. I was pointing out the absurd lie that @KeyOrion.9506 told when they claimed necro wells do 15k-20k per pulse at the same range as ranger. That is objectively false on both the range and the damage. If you cant get those numbers in optimal max PvE buff scenarios, you won't get those numbers in WvW unless you are hitting a naked.2) If you think someone killing me in WvW means I have the honor breathing because that makes me less than them, you need help. It's a game. Nothing you accomplish in this game gives you honor.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@"DuckDuckBOOM.4097" said:

: This autoattack has a coeficient of 0.95 at any range. Pierces 2 targets and has a range of 1200. Also has passive access to unblockable when blocked,

You get 2 charges of Unblockable when blocked on a 20s cooldown. It's not just a willy nilly "anytime when blocked" effect. Also you're ignoring the fact that if you're taking Malicious Reprisal then you're losing out on more consistent damage modifiers in the form of Notoriety (self might + extra power) or Assassin's Presence (extra ferocity for yourself and group). If the hammer revenant does not take Notoriety it becomes reliant on getting 25 stacks of might from its FB or other party members or it has to camp Glint perpetually while in combat which limits its other utility options, forces it to not use either of its stunbreaks since you can't swap legends or use Gaze of Darkness while maintaining 25 stacks of might without Notoriety, and reduces its damage and utility in other places (i.e. impossible odds, phase traversal) since you wouldn't be able to swap legends in that scenario.

This doesn't include the fact that Ranger Long Range Shot is 0.25s faster than the very slow Hammer Bolt meaning Ranger puts out more dps with Long Range Shot over time than Hammer Bolt regardless of the fact that Hammer Bolt hits slightly harder. This doesn't include the fact that Ranger can also hit from an extra 300+ range over Hammer Rev's 1200. Also if you need Unblockable, Soulbeast can take both Warhorn offhand for Call of the Wild (3 attacks 30s cooldown) or take Signet of the Hunt for the vastly superior 6s of completely unblockable attacks on either a 40s cooldown or a 32s cooldown with Brutish Seals.

I just want to be clear I'm not saying that Long Range Shot should or should not get nerfed. What I am saying is that your comparison between these two skills doesn't factor in all of the details and is therefore flawed in an attempt to make Ranger's Long Range Shot look worse than Hammer Bolt.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

@"DuckDuckBOOM.4097" said:

: This autoattack has a coeficient of 0.95 at any range. Pierces 2 targets and has a range of 1200. Also has passive access to unblockable when blocked,...I just want to be clear I'm not saying that Long Range Shot should or should not get nerfed.
What I am saying is that your comparison between these two skills doesn't factor in all of the details and is therefore flawed in an attempt to make Ranger's Long Range Shot look worse than Hammer Bolt.

In matter of fact, his comparison could be ok, if we talk about the skills without any buffs or bonuses from other weapon/utility etc. If you compare these 2 skills, you can say that are aprox the same regarding of damage.

Hammer Bolt:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hammer_Bolt : Damage 383 (coef 0.95) , 5 targets, Combo Finisher : Physical Projectile (100%) , range 1200 , attack speed : 1.25s/attack

Long Range Shot:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Long_Range_Shot : Damage 347 (coef 0.90) - 270 , 1 target, Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile (20% chance), range 1500, attack speed: 1./attack

So, Hammer Bolt has constant damage even it is melee combat or range combat, but only 1200 range, Long Range Shot has different damage (due to the distance of the target), random Physical Projectile, but 1500 range.In a real fight, lets say Revenant vs Ranger, that distance of 1500 it will be only for 1 sec if the Ranger will attack first, the next seconds almost 80% of the fight it will be melee range.Anyway, the idea of @anduriell.6280, if I am not wrong, was that are other Autoattack skills of other class/weapons who can be compared with Long Bow autoattak.Nerfing only the Longbow, wouldn't bring any balance in WvW, but again, Ranger will loose again, even as I said, Ranger has only 1 spec which can be played, and only in Roaming.

@knite.1542 said:

@knite.1542 said:Nice little nerf but not really going to fix what's really annoying about soulbeasts, IMO.

Anet extended the range of Necro's to nearly equal distance of BOW for rangers. We're no longer the SINGLE and only profession with the longest range combat skills anymore. They changed it because, "well that's just not fair, that the Longbow has such a far reach, that no other profession can match...we should fix that.." OK, now it's been fixed. Now your saying that ranger's should now have LESS ability to reach the target...while the enemy can now reach further than us? I'm sorry why does the ranger need any more nerfs? I play WvW and 1/2 the commanders kitten on the Ranger Class in total. Anet is supposed to be making us just as equally useful as the other classes, not continuously screwing us up to get shoved down a hole and making us even MORE hated in Competitive Combat.

Fair point. Maybe the range should stay the same. I still definitely think damage modifiers need an adjustment though. And my issues are more for smaller scale combat than zerging.

As far as the blob aspect goes, I don't really know what changes need to be made to make ranger more wanted/viable. I think the first thing that would need to happen would be a revamp of the current meta that exists with scourges and firebrands. If that changes then it would be a step in the right directions for rangers and other classes.

The Damage output is greater at longer range, and does less damage the closer you are to the target. IN fact, your damage is penalized for being CLOSER to the target with a longbow in hand. The opposite is true for a Shortbow, the closer you are to your target, the greater the damage, while further away it is lesser damage. And most of the time, the heavies and Necro Scourges, and Firebrand burners are attempting to CLOSE the distance. Their damage is HIGHER....and if a ranger isn't using hand to hand weeapons at the point of closure, their penalized for using a Longbow with an enemy up in your face. I don't NEED to have my DPS STRIPPED OFF ME FOR ANY DAMN REASON BEYOND THAT.

@DuckDuckBOOM.4097 said:

@"KeyOrion.9506" said:A ranger that can't pick off his targets. A Necromancer well can be launched at the longest range of a Ranger now. And the wells are doing 15k-20k dmg per second PULSES...how is this even closely fair for the class that was SUPPOSED to be the long range class of the game? We try to keep combat ranged, and the necro's try to get up in your face. Seriously WHY would we want to close with a CONDI WELL OUTPUTTING 15k-20k DAMAGE PER GOD kitten SECOND ANET!

What are you talking about? Well of suffering has a coeff of 3 over 6 hits. That is only 0.5 coeff per pulse. Meanwhile longbow auto is 0.7-0.9. Power soul beast has way more modifiers than necro. How the heck would necro hit 15k-20k per pulse without sic'em? Also wells are 900 range. So are shades. Longbow is "1500" but actually is closer to 1800 range. That's almost double the range of necro wells/shades.
A MAX dps power reaper vs a golem is only doing maybe 10k per tick with the power well and the power well does twice as much damage as the condi well. There is no way a necro hits you for 15k with well of suffering unless you are naked.

Anyhow, if they want to give ranger a spot in WvW Zergs, I think the best shot is to buff SB group stability to be a contender in replacing FB in some subgroups. The only other group stability right now aside from guardian is either mantra of concentration mesmer (not long enough duration) or dwarven road on rev (which just sucks at 1 stack). Shared Dolyak stance is actually good and almost comparable to stand your ground (especially after it gets nerfed next patch). 6 second base stability, 5-6 stacks each. Stand your ground is 10 targets but will be nerfed to 3 stacks soon. So SB has the only real contender for group stab for WvW.
SB just needs 1 more source of group stability.

I would do this by basically copy-pasting shared Dolyak stance onto Unflinching Fortitude. Remove the 100% dmg reduction and make it aoe stability + immunity to chill, cripple and immobilize. So only SB (not core ranger which makes it easier to balance), only when merged with a stout pet (easy to balance again) has two sources of group stability. Furthermore, the stability + immunity to chill, cripple and immobilize give SB an "unstoppable movement" niche. I could see this version of SB being useful to WvW zerg subgroups that melee push. So it wouldn't even completely replace FB in all subgroups but just a melee groups.

Giving a second class group stability that competes with FB would significantly shake up the WvW meta and give ranger a spot in zergs.

Traits. I've been hit by necro wells at the same distance that i'm firing my longbow. If i'm being hit by a damn necro well at the max distance at as my Longbow, I really don't know what to tell yah, other than some crap would seriously be messed up. Then again, i'm not the fool programmer trying to hide things behind my boss' back in the programmers office.

As a solo Core, the only thing I am salty about is this will decrease my ability to 1) finish thieves that run/disengage and 2) dismount Warclaws.

Core Ranger roaming is not as bad as many believe, Core has dodged many SB nerfs... except this one. IMO, the AA nerf is targeted at the continued cheese SBs looking to snipe. Not as effective as it was, but still a thing. While I don't think it's "fair" to nerf Core skills, it doesn't change the Core gameplay that much. Core can't 2-3 shot anything, we'll be fighting at close range in good fights (the fun ones). It does mean it will be harder to force engagement while roaming -- less fights or overextending womp womp.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@"GW2 Systems Team" said:
Ranger
  • Long Range Shot: Reduce the damage range of this skill from 0.7-0.9 to 0.65-0.75 in WvW only.Sincerely,GW2 Systems Team

Hot takes, shoot.

This change is too much nerfing. Ranger doesn't need more damage nerfing.

This is the worst change they could consider doing if they want to maintain the player base of Ranger mains.

Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast has undergone too much nerfing at this point. The nerfs to pet attributes, the nerf to sic em, the nerf to unblockables, the nerfs to stances, all of this is enough. Anyone who is still complaining about Ranger is a bad player who is unable to distinguish the difference between something actually be overpowered, and when something is just annoying them from a personal subjective opinion.

This proposed change is such a bad idea that I don't feel I need to explain why! Anyone who thinks this is a good idea, wouldn't know enough about Guild Wars 2 competitive aspects to be able to hold a conversation with anyway.

~ Meanwhile, Holosaiyans deal more damage than Soulbeast in AoE with 4x the CC output and have the personal sustain of a mender Druid while running Demolisher.

Just played my favourite elite spec, druid, last night. The reset was hard and full of terrors and my roaming druid( for a small group) felt really harder to play than any other support I have played.If you go druid, pet is weaker. You have no stability except elite so in this mets with cc spams, your success depends on your opponents build sadly.

On top of that having lb nerfed would be extra annoying as the performance of the spec is already mediocre in wvw. I dont think a weapon with several counters and direly needed for many ranger builds should be nerfed without nerfing the counters first.