New interview with mike Z (german)

zealex.9410

@"Pirindolo.9427" said:For this we have the living world, but also festivals (WHAT??? :s ) that take place regularly. In addition, there are those, as we call them internally, bonus events in which you should defeat, for example, World Boss. (IT CAN'T BE !!!!!) "

TIME TO PANIC

Yeah.

We already know about:

• February: Lunar New Year
  • April: Mini Adventure Box
  • June: Dragon Bash
  • August: Festival of the Four Winds
  • October: Halloween
  • December: Winsterday

So I wouldn't be surprised if the future shows:

• September 2019: prologue
  • October 2019: Halloween
  • November 2019: World Boss event
  • December 2019: Wintersday
  • January: 2020: new release part 1 (with a third of a new map)
  • February 2020: Lunar New Year
  • March 2020: the WvW event we had a while ago
  • April 2020: Mini Adventure Box:
  • May 2020: new release part 2 (with the second third of the new map)
  • June 2020: Dragon Bash
  • July 2020: Champion event
  • August 2020: Festival of the Four Winds
  • September 2020: new release part 3 (with the last third of the new map)
  • October 2020: Halloween
  • November 2020: Meta Events event
  • December 2020: Winsterday

We would thus end the year with new content making a total of one new map, split in three releases. Plus a ton of oh so exciting returning events and festivals.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Pirindolo.9427" said:The key question is: If we don't consider festivals and special events (like world boss or meta event rushes) as "EXCITING" content, what can we expect to get excited? 2 or 3 content updates per year?

Then it becomes a player issue...what each and every individual player considers exciting most likely isn't the same thing as the person standing next to them...so in ArenaNets eyes they'll have exciting content every month...whether or not we/us as players find it that way is up to each and every individual player!

I honestly just want to know if NEW ELITE SPECS are MEANT TO BE APART of living world content or not.If an expansion is a minimum of 18-24 months out (which 'not off the table' implies) is there any plans of adding THIS PARTICULAR 'EXPANSION LIKE' CONTENT or not?Please feel free to reply in any language.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@"Pirindolo.9427" said:The key question is: If we don't consider festivals and special events (like world boss or meta event rushes) as "EXCITING" content, what can we expect to get excited? 2 or 3 content updates per year?

Then it becomes a player issue...what each and every individual player considers exciting most likely isn't the same thing as the person standing next to them...so in ArenaNets eyes they'll have exciting content every month...whether or not we/us as players find it that way is up to each and every individual player!

I'm still not sure if festivals are included in their "monthly excitement" plan. What I am sure of though, is that the majority of the playerbase doesn't find years old copy-pasted festivals exciting.

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:

I'm still not sure if festivals are included in their "monthly excitement" plan. What I am sure of though, is that the majority of the playerbase doesn't find years old copy-pasted festivals exciting.

You will be surprised...

@Erasculio.2914 said:

@"Pirindolo.9427" said:For this we have the living world, but also festivals
(WHAT??? :s )
that take place regularly. In addition, there are those, as we call them internally, bonus events in which you should defeat, for example, World Boss.
(IT CAN'T BE !!!!!)
"

TIME TO PANIC

Yeah.

We already know about:
  • February: Lunar New Year
  • April: Mini Adventure Box
  • June: Dragon Bash
  • August: Festival of the Four Winds
  • October: Halloween
  • December: Winsterday

So I wouldn't be surprised if the future shows:
  • September 2019: prologue
  • October 2019: Halloween
  • November 2019: World Boss event
  • December 2019: Wintersday
  • January: 2020: new release part 1 (with a third of a new map)
  • February 2020: Lunar New Year
  • March 2020: the WvW event we had a while ago
  • April 2020: Mini Adventure Box:
  • May 2020: new release part 2 (with the second third of the new map)
  • June 2020: Dragon Bash
  • July 2020: Champion event
  • August 2020: Festival of the Four Winds
  • September 2020: new release part 3 (with the last third of the new map)
  • October 2020: Halloween
  • November 2020: Meta Events event
  • December 2020: Winsterday

We would thus end the year with new content making a total of one new map, split in three releases. Plus a ton of
oh so exciting
returning events and festivals.

This is not how it works. While I was disappointed in the announcement on the 30th, this view is much more pessimistic than reasonable. The boss rush and similar events have been consistently happening during the same months as holiday events and LW releases. It is obvious that they are not intended to take up entire months by themselves.

@lare.5129 said:

@lare.5129 said:smell fail with world boss Drakkar ?if they realy make them hard this is will be dead untouchable content for most people after few weeks.. ((

It won’t though if the world boss has good rewards behind it. Remember domain of Istan, Dragonfall ?I remember how it was, and I know how it looks now ))

And yet, they are still rewarding.

Edit: I like what Mike Z had to tell about the Ice brood saga. I just don’t understand why they didn’t mention all of this during the big presentation at the Moore theater.