Which CORE class would you nerf?

Thundabolt.8541

@Hitman.5829 said:All of the core classes are kinda balanced, except thief.Who ever thinks otherwise needs to.... play more GW2.The only class that would wreck everyone in a core vs core build it would be thief no doubt about it.

I can understand why you said thief because they’re pretty much the class with the best chance to defeat a core warrior.

I voted core warrior because they’re pretty beastly even against most HOT and POF specs. Not easy to prevent their AH heals which gives them pretty good sustain on top of high damage.

The only 2 class that I see can fight evenly against a core warrior is thief and dragonhunter.

All of the core classes are kinda trash, except thief and warrior.
Who ever thinks otherwise needs to.... play more GW2.
The only class that would wreck everyone in a core vs core build it would be warrior and thief no doubt about it.

No seriously, core classes are garbage. The only exceptions besides these 2 would be guard and maybe staff ele in zergs only. Everything else is simply useless without elite spec.

This poll is pretty indistinguishable from a "which core classes are actually playable?" poll.

There has been power creep since HoT release, and the pace of the game is now much faster than it was, that much is undeniable. So it doesn't surprise me that core classes that have skills that negate an opponent's burst entirely while they dps (warrior with stances) or that rely on outplaying the other guy, avoiding damage entirely rather than tanking (acro thief) or that have been at the centre of every single meta because of what they bring to group play (guardian) are still viable, and that classes that relied on either pure healing or passively soaking up damage (like ele and necro) are left in the dust somewhat.

If anything, we should be asking what the other core classes need to bring them up to par without making their elite specs totally busted. Core ele, necro and engi certainly need the help.

Guardians are still one of the strongest core classes. The only reason you don't see more of them is because of how insanely good FireBrand and DragonHunters are. Core Thief is viable sure but without DeadEye's Malicious Backstab setup or DareDevil's dodges, the core variant is just decent. Core Warrior is strong no doubt.

None. All of the core professions are fine as they are. We can all agree that thief is the most played core profession in high ranked PvP games out of any core profession, even more than guardian and warrior. If anything, most of the core professions should be buffed or reworked so they are viable not just in PvP, but in PvE and even WvW. Most people play the HoT or PoF elite specializations in fractals and raids and I'm getting tired of seeing dragonhunters, reapers, daredevils etc. most of the time. It would be nice to improve the core professions so we can have more build variety.

Not saying that all of the core professions are bad in PvE, in fact some of them are really good like bannerslave warrior, guardian, condition engineer etc. The problem comes with the fact that those professions punish players harder than the elite specializations. Core guardian is just as good as dragonhunter as long as you have aegis so if you get hit, you lose your 20% damage increase, core engineer requires 4 kits and lots of skill memorization, something that holosmith doesn't need as much and if you mess up the rotations, your damage will be noticeably lower than any other profession in your party.

@Hoodie.1045 said:None. All of the core professions are fine as they are. We can all agree that thief is the most played core profession in high ranked PvP games out of any core profession, even more than guardian and warrior. If anything, most of the core professions should be buffed or reworked so they are viable not just in PvP, but in PvE and even WvW. Most people play the HoT or PoF elite specializations in fractals and raids and I'm getting tired of seeing dragonhunters, reapers, daredevils etc. most of the time. It would be nice to improve the core professions so we can have more build variety.

Not saying that all of the core professions are bad in PvE, in fact some of them are really good like bannerslave warrior, guardian, condition engineer etc. The problem comes with the fact that those professions punish players harder than the elite specializations. Core guardian is just as good as dragonhunter as long as you have aegis so if you get hit, you lose your 20% damage increase, core engineer requires 4 kits and lots of skill memorization, something that holosmith doesn't need as much and if you mess up the rotations, your damage will be noticeably lower than any other profession in your party.

This so much we need to buff the under performing core classes to make them viable instead of making core classes across all classes bad.

Why is everyone calling for buffs on the core classes? We all agree that powercreep is a thing, right?

Id say nerf everything else so its on the same level as core specs, just specialized in their own field.

Also, i miss the "none" option. This poll is a "most viable poll"In pvp id say its thief, warrior and guard mixed in with some rangers

I voted warrior, though I am not sure I would nerf it, it is/was one of the better classes back then, it had just about everything with strong passives and easy rotations. It had very little down time from defensive/evasive uptime to offensive uptime. So you were always having to evade/block etc burst/CC OR you were having to chase or wait out endure pain or blocks etc. And in relation to many other classes that had less of everything else, healing signet was quiet strong back then.

With that said, the gap was not as large as we have today with some classes. And while warrior was strong, I found them fun to fight still, as it was less cheese with huge tells on it's skills, so if you were paying attention, their rotations were easy to avoid.

I voted Warrior, but if none was an option I would have picked that.