Ranger LB

CutesySylveon.8290

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:Can we please have line of sight fixed on this thing? It should not be able to shoot over walls and through gates.

It was a deliberate change. The attempt was made (along with other tweaks)to likely make Ranger more viable in Zerg play.

Edit: From the wiki:May 08, 2018

Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from being targeted in certain areas blocked by line of sight.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:Why in the world would they do that? LB isn’t a Zerg weapon and ranger isn’t a Zerg class. It’s ridiculously annoying being shot inside an objective because 5 rangers can just give a middle finger to LoS. Revert this nonsense, please.

The aoe of arrows is clearly marked before arrows hit, dont stand in it and problem solved. And if ur dying to dps of barrage alone I donno what to tell ya

I never said I was dying to rangers using it over walls, I said it was annoying. It’s also an unfair way of hitting siege inside. Literally no other arcing projectile or AoE skill can hit out of LoS like LB ranger, so unless this crap gets standardized across all similar skills, save me your ranger apologics. Get rid of this nonsense.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:it’s inconsistent across similar type skills

Like arrow carts? Cuz that's the only comparable skill.

and negates the purpose of a wall entirely.

Nope, I just tried to barrage through the wall.. Still a solid barrier confirmed.

Yes you don’t go through the wall, you shoot over it. If you can target a spot behind the wall or gate with your barrage skill then you can hit it.

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:As noted it’s working as designed. Arrows can be shot in a arc unlike other high speed projectiles. Frankly it’s easy to get out of the aoe.

So you are saying fantasy based magical projectiles must travel in a straight line because physics? You are also saying Rapid Fire arrows should shoot through the tops of walls because, they arc even though in physics they have to arc over the wall first limiting Rapid Fire to only hitting players in mostly a direct line of sight? I am good with Barrage arcing over a wall/terrain but Rapid Fire is essentially shooting a gun at a target with a limited arc.

Sounds like Rangers trying to justify keeping their Wall Warrior style of play.

@Straegen.2938 said:

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:As noted it’s working as designed. Arrows can be shot in a arc unlike other high speed projectiles. Frankly it’s easy to get out of the aoe.

So you are saying fantasy based magical projectiles must travel in a straight line because physics? You are also saying Rapid Fire arrows should shoot through the tops of walls because, they arc even though in physics they have to arc over the wall first limiting Rapid Fire to only hitting players in mostly a direct line of sight? I am good with Barrage arcing over a wall/terrain but Rapid Fire is essentially shooting a gun at a target with a limited arc.

meh. Nope I’m only talking about barrage. Rapid fire is designed as a high speed relatively straight shot. I get blocked shots hitting npcs with that shot frequently so it definitely has no arc. Barrage was designed with an arc as it should be. As noted again and again... working as designed and working well.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:I never said I was dying to rangers using it over walls, I said it was annoying. It’s also an unfair way of hitting siege inside. Literally no other arcing projectile or AoE skill can hit out of LoS like LB ranger, so unless this kitten gets standardized across all similar skills, save me your ranger apologics. Get rid of this nonsense.

Is it unfair to be pulled from walls into a enemy group? I mean every spec can do something annoying lol atleast the skill in question isn't using some exploit like a lot do lol

@Straegen.2938 said:

Yeah barrage arrows ignoring roofs or structures is insane in a game with teleports, magic flying ghost hammers lolSo crazy.

I would just like to see where if a class in on a wall, it has the same ability, using the same skills as it’s same class on the ground, to hit opponents on the ground.

If ele fireball can hit me on the wall, I should be able to hit them in the same spot on the ground with ele fireball. ?

Same with any projectile skill that can hit a toon on the wall, that same skill should be able to hit a toon on the ground with the same skill.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I would say a ranger not being able to land an arrow over a wall to land within a area on the opposite side would be less realistic. If u had a bow that shot multiple arrows almost strait up would they not land over wall? Or is the wall a unpassable structure even past its physical self? Lol

Yes of course... regen, aegis, reflects, porting, stealth are all true nature skills in real life, ... unlike arcing arrows.. ?

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I would say a ranger not being able to land an arrow over a wall to land within a area on the opposite side would be less realistic. If u had a bow that shot multiple arrows almost strait up would they not land over wall? Or is the wall a unpassable structure even past its physical self? Lol

Yes of course... regen, aegis, reflects, porting, stealth are all true nature skills in real life, ... unlike arcing arrows.. ?

So true so true, dev's must have been on some crazy drugs when they thought of arcing arrows, I often ponder this whilst using infiltrator arrow on my main to transverse the lands lol

Ranger has plenty of viability in WvW, just not in a Zerg and people can’t get over that. It’s a great roaming class with one of the best ranged weapons and tons of utility for both chasing and running, but not team play. That’s just how it is, so stop saying ranger is severely limited in WvW because that’s not true.

Back to the skill, arcing physics have literally nothing to do with this. You don’t get to pick some real world physics and ignore others. AoE skills that aren’t even projectiles get stopped by LoS, but this one isn’t? Why?

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:Ranger has plenty of viability in WvW, just not in a Zerg and people can’t get over that. It’s a great roaming class with one of the best ranged weapons and tons of utility for both chasing and running, but not team play. That’s just how it is, so stop saying ranger is severely limited in WvW because that’s not true.

Back to the skill, arcing physics have literally nothing to do with this. You don’t get to pick some real world physics and ignore others. AoE skills that aren’t even projectiles get stopped by LoS, but this one isn’t? Why?

Teleports, aoes like fire and poison fields can effect other side of doors. There's grey areas all throughout wvw with regards to skills and and their effects. Seems silly to point this one out lol. Regardless its nothing more than an annoyance as stated by OP so reason for the thread is obvious lol. I hate how I can be pulled from a ledge but cuz the lip on it effects me shooting off it resulting in unwanted pull scenarios due to having to expose myself by being on very edge, can we get rid of pulls of walls pls?

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:Ranger has plenty of viability in WvW, just not in a Zerg and people can’t get over that. It’s a great roaming class with one of the best ranged weapons and tons of utility for both chasing and running, but not team play. That’s just how it is, so stop saying ranger is severely limited in WvW because that’s not true.

Teleports, aoes like fire and poison fields can effect other side of doors. There's grey areas all throughout wvw with regards to skills and and their effects. Seems silly to point this one out lol. Regardless its nothing more than an annoyance as stated by OP so reason for the thread is obvious lol. I hate how I can be pulled from a ledge but cuz the lip on it effects me shooting off it resulting in unwanted pull scenarios due to having to expose myself by being on very edge, can we get rid of pulls of walls pls?

It’s not about skills that are big enough to hit through the gate or door, you can flat out place Barrage inside an objective with no regard for the gate at all. And pulling off walls typically only happens when you’re on the edge, the lip of the wall usually stops you from falling unless you get pulled by a DH F1, but that’s mostly because that pull is ridiculous.