Pirate Captain's Outfit

I am enthusiastically (desperately) seeking the Pirate Captain's Outfit for a character concept that I have been wanting (dying) to make since I returned to the game early this year after being absent since 2013. I have been regularly (obsessively) browsing the gem store to see if it's on offer. Is there any way that I can actually work towards getting it in the near future? I think I'm probably missing something. All I could find by searching was collecting statuettes - which would take 30 weeks of new characters or approx 4000+ gold which ouch. That it?

As per the Gem Store history of the bundle that includes the outfit, it was last available November 2018, and has yet to be seen since. There are two probable dates that it might return: during the Anniversary Sale in August, or September 19 (aka International Talk Like a Pirate Day).

The alternative is waiting for the return of either the Black Lion Outfit Ticket (introduced last August), or The Evon Gnashblade Decorative Package.

@"Ojimaru.8970" said:As per the Gem Store history of the bundle that includes the outfit, it was last available November 2018, and has yet to be seen since. There are two probable dates that it might return: during the Anniversary Sale in August, or September 19 (aka International Talk Like a Pirate Day).

The alternative is waiting for the return of either the Black Lion Outfit Ticket (introduced last August), or The Evon Gnashblade Decorative Package.

Thanks, optimistically helpful info!

@LowestTruth.2635 said:All I could find by searching was collecting statuettes - which would take 30 weeks of new characters or approx 4000+ gold which ouch. That it?You know, you can earn more than 1 key a week key farming, if you are willing to put in time.You can get one key per week for the level 10 story. That's the quick and easy part.You also get keys for beginning the Level 40 story, and some people even complete the Level 60 story for another key. (Also, those are not restricted to one a week, so if you have characters who have not proceeded that far in the story, you can do it for them now.)Each map you complete on a character has a one in four chance of giving you a key. (Not counting cities and Southsun Cove.) If you rank up your key farmer by doing easy map completes, you may get a few more keys.If you have any characters with a lot of maps half-completed, there are even more chances to get keys.

The statuette store is likely to change in a week when the festival starts, so you might not have enough time to get those thirty statuettes key-farming, but you might a good start on the next opportunity. (And there's also a chance the store won't change yet.)

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

@LowestTruth.2635 said:All I could find by searching was collecting statuettes - which would take 30 weeks of new characters or approx 4000+ gold which ouch. That it?You know, you can earn more than 1 key a week key farming, if you are willing to put in time.You can get one key per week for the level 10 story. That's the quick and easy part.You also get keys for beginning the Level 40 story, and some people even complete the Level 60 story for another key. (Also, those are not restricted to one a week, so if you have characters who have not proceeded that far in the story, you can do it for them now.)Each map you complete on a character has a one in four chance of giving you a key. (Not counting cities and Southsun Cove.) If you rank up your key farmer by doing easy map completes, you may get a few more keys.If you have any characters with a lot of maps half-completed, there are even more chances to get keys.

The statuette store is likely to change in a week when the festival starts, so you might not have enough time to get those thirty statuettes key-farming, but you might a good start on the next opportunity. (And there's also a chance the store won't change yet.)

I didn't know about the 1/4 chance for keys, thanks. I've had bad bad luck recently with map completions so I thought it was lower than that. All great info, much appreciated.

• 1 month later...