“Bound by Blood” is coming on September 17!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MetalGirl.2370 said:Don't know why you people are so excited... it's literally a Prologue, so not even a full story episode. and you all should've learnt by now not to expect much.

there has been never in GW2 history a trailer released at the same time as the episode.

Not expecting much isn't expecting nothing. And 100% of playerbase expected a trailer being continually released a week or more before an episode. That's how things were since 2012 and now this tradition has been abandoned for some reason

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Treize.3578 said:The trailer will went live on release day to avoid generating hype. The playerbase can't handle Hype anymore

Sadly, this could be the true reason. I wouldn't blame ANet after some of the harsh reactions the other week. What a bummer for the rest of us.

Yeah ppl complained for years that the trailers they had were too much for the lw updates

/s if its actually that then im not gonna be surprised, its classic anet.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Treize.3578 said:The trailer will went live on release day to avoid generating hype. The playerbase can't handle Hype anymore

Sadly, this could be the true reason. I wouldn't blame ANet after some of the harsh reactions the other week. What a bummer for the rest of us.

They wouldn't be teasing it all week if they wanted to avoid it. They've already shown one trailer. Holding another one back probably just means it's intended for everyone else rather than everyone already here, or it contains something they're not ready to reveal. Maybe they'll replace PoF with that IS box from the magazine and throw in a season pass.

@"MetalGirl.2370" said:Don't know why you people are so excited... it's literally a Prologue, so not even a full story episode. and you all should've learnt by now not to expect much.

That doesn't mean it's not a full episode, though I doubt there will be "full" episodes anymore (compared to season 4) as they should be shifting to a quicker episode and chapter format (something closer to season 1 and 2). It's been a year since team 1's last release, so if the prologue does end up being small, episode 1 would probably be out within a month (S4E7 would have been released about 2 months ago).

@Healix.5819 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Sadly, this could be the true reason. I wouldn't blame ANet after some of the harsh reactions the other week. What a bummer for the rest of us.

They wouldn't be teasing it all week if they wanted to avoid it.

Well, I would normally agree, but releasing a fully fletched trailer on the day of release does not make sense to me, so I thought, "You know, this could very well be the case." Hmm.

or it contains something they're not ready to reveal. Maybe they'll replace PoF with that IS box from the magazine and throw in a season pass.

You think it could be for commercial reasons? I see. So not a story trailer per se. Well, that would make sense.

@"Randulf.7614" said:The trailer hits the same day as release? Am i reading that right? Because that makes no sense to me

That is correct, since it says the FULL "Bound by Blood" trailer will be shown on release day...the key word in that statement is FULL, which means we've already seen a partial or truncated version of the trailer, probably rest is filler or just more detailed information(such as that in the "magazine").

@videoboy.4162 said:What's the name of the actual first episode? Could the trailer actually be for that?

See above response, no the trailer is not for episode 1, it's for Bound by Blood, the prologue.

Oh dear .. They don't want to generate hype so they release full (?) huh? trailer the same day? What's the point of renting the whole damn theater then? LOL Yeah .. okay .. I will have minimum expectation then. They don't look confident at all releasing this SAGA .. uhuh yep mhm move along .. move along ..