Would you want ascended runes & sigils with better stats/effects?

We’ve got ascended armor, weapon, trinkets, back piece, amulet, rings, infusions and now even food.Everything we can equip in our gear slots has an ascended version with better stats/effects.

Runes and sigils went from exotic to legendary without any better stats/effects and is missing that Ascended version.

If we were given that ascended version with better stats/effects, perhaps it would make the cost of the legendary runes & sigils more justified.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New runes and Sigil effects, currently the stats and existing effects are fine as in, and some would get Pretty overpowered if there were an additional more powerful level.

Potentially the only think I'd consider Ascended Runes and Sigils for is for them to give a small amount of Agony res. To give more varied options in term of Agony res, since it's already possible to match the highest tier of Fractals.

If we’re worried about power creep, we could lower the stats/effects on all existing exotic runes and sigils by ~ 10%.So their current stats and effects are given instead to ascended and legendary versions.And there will be no power creep in this area I guess.Right now it feels incomplete to me without that ascended upgrade version.

Surely we don't need more power creep in game but the legendary runes as they are now are just pointless. Even if you play wvw a lot you aren't using more than 3 -4 sets of runes that will only occupy 3-4 slots of one bag ( so legendary runes aren't freeing inventory space like legendary armor) and as a legendary it has no aura/shiny effect (like legendary weapons) so it is useless for fashion wars too. It really deserves some other selling point be it visual or mechanical.

If they put ascended runes/sigils ingame it better be a PvE-only bonus such as +1% vs ghosts per rune.

There's way too much powercreep from ascended vs exotic already compounded by damage multipliers. Before the inevitable "it's easy to get ascended" comments, if someone started now they will be at a massive disadvantage and people that have more than 10 characters and/or multiple accounts would need to aim for more than 10 sets of ascended runes/sigils.

If you want to grind runes. go do the legendary rune gold sink...

@Hynax.9536 said:Surely we don't need more power creep in game but the legendary runes as they are now are just pointless. Even if you play wvw a lot you aren't using more than 3 -4 sets of runes that will only occupy 3-4 slots of one bag ( so legendary runes aren't freeing inventory space like legendary armor) and as a legendary it has no aura/shiny effect (like legendary weapons) so it is useless for fashion wars too. It really deserves some other selling point be it visual or mechanical.

No. It's not that legendary runes don't give you enough for their price. It's that they cost way too much for what they give. Notice, that those two things are not the same.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Hynax.9536 said:Surely we don't need more power creep in game but the legendary runes as they are now are just pointless. Even if you play wvw a lot you aren't using more than 3 -4 sets of runes that will only occupy 3-4 slots of one bag ( so legendary runes aren't freeing inventory space like legendary armor) and as a legendary it has no aura/shiny effect (like legendary weapons) so it is useless for fashion wars too. It really deserves some other selling point be it visual or mechanical.

No. It's not that legendary runes don't give you enough for their price. It's that they cost way too much for what they give. Notice, that those two things are
not
the same.

Just ways to see the same thing, legendary runes are not good right now and you can solve it by :1 - Adding more effects so they turn more unique and valuable (to be on par with their price).2 - Reducing their price to be fair with the few features given.

In my case, i would like the first option but even the second one would not be bad. With focus on what OP propposed, ascended runes with more effects would make legendary runes a lot more worth since you would then be able to switch between ascended stuffs that normally aren't cheap to craft (reason why legendaries are useful besides their shining auras).

@Dante.1508 said:Its bad enough as it is with Ascended being 30% stronger than Exotics we really do not need to split the player base more unless they sell Ascended on the black lion Auction..

First , It is just 5%, you can check on wiki or other posts in the forum to see people discussing and sometimes they even get lesser improvement than 5%.

Second, ascended and exotic gear definitely does not split player base, literally everything you do in the game has a chance to drop ascended gear, we have lots of achievments to get ascended weapons and armors , trinkets can easily be bought just by daily login (laurel) or by playing living world content (map currency). Aside from fractals T2+ that need ascended for infusions, raids and wvw can be played with exotic gear and in open world gear almost does not matter at all.

No thanks, I already consider ascended armour to be a waste of my time and resources so the last thing I need is higher tier rune's and sigils making the stat difference actually valid lol

Exotic armour + ascended weapons and trinkets is more than enough unless you want to do high end fractals, don't need runes and sigils adding expensive grinds for no reason like legendary ones did, thankfully they only added a convinience bonus and not a stat one.

The major problem would be that the stat gain on Legendary has already been set at the level of exotic, so to up it you throw further balance in questions and you would need to boost legendary.

Not sure I would be for this, but if I was than it would need to be in the form of something to achieve in the various game modes versus something to craft. Example, you can upgrade your exotic to ascended by purchasing from a vendor using currencies. Currencies would be from WvW, PvP, Fractal, Dungeons, World Boss Tokens, Festival tokens and the like. Something that came from game play outside of just coin.

@Hynax.9536 said:

No. It's not that legendary runes don't give you enough for their price. It's that they cost way too much for what they give. Notice, that those two things are
not
the same.

Just ways to see the same thing, legendary runes are not good right now and you can solve it by :1 - Adding more effects so they turn more unique and valuable (to be on par with their price).2 - Reducing their price to be fair with the few features given.

In my case, i would like the first option but even the second one would not be bad. With focus on what OP propposed, ascended runes with more effects would make legendary runes a lot more worth since you would then be able to switch between ascended stuffs that normally aren't cheap to craft (reason why legendaries are useful besides their shining auras).

Like i said, it's not the same. For example, i think that the legendary runes give us enough, and shouldn't give more. It's only the price that is a problem. If they went with your option 1, then for me they would both give too much, and cost too much.(hint: i was very vehemently against introducing ascended gear into this game, and i still think the game would have been better without it)