New Elite Spec Idea: Sear

Knighthonor.4061

Sear

this an idea for New Elite Spec.

WEAPON:Hammer- Mostly Melee but with some ranged skills here and there. Skills change with each element

MECHANICS:The traditional mechanics of how you change elements is altered . Skills F1 F2 F3 F4 are now Totem skillsWeapon Swap and now is used to toggle through Elements.*F5 is a New skill that can set an element to quickly switch back to that element.

*Totems-Each totem skill does a general role or action, that has different effects based on the element you are attuned to when you summoned it. Once summoned, Totems have an activation skill that consumes the Totem.

Examples:F1 - Ranged Totem - Does a ranged attack on hostile targets.Fire- does AoE Blast on contact burning those hit.Water- Shoots a water ball at target, healing allies near the targetLighting- does range attack that removes boonsEarth- does range attack the explodes on contact and apply barrier to allies near the target.

F2- Totem triggers an AoE field and pulsing AoE effect based on attunement.

F3- War Totems These totems are unique from each other based on attunement.

F4- Ancestral Totems spawn an Elemental Spirit based on attunement

Note for clarity:

Totems F1 - F4 skills change based on Attunement you are in when its Summoned. The totems dont change once they on the field if you switch attunements. So Attunement swapping play a big role and timing your totems. Rewards skilled Attunement juggling.

All 4 Totems can be out at once, and each has a consume skill that will destroy the totems.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:WEAPON:Hammer- Mostly MeleeWe already have Weaver and Tempest (if you plan to do damage with overloads) for melee.I don't want another melee elite spec.

MECHANICS:*Weapon Swap and now is used to toggle through Elements.I don't want to toggle through the Elements.What if I'm in Fire and want to switch directly to Earth in combat?

*Totems-Each totem skill does a general role or action, that has different effects based on the element you are attuned to when you summoned it. Once summoned, Totems have an activation skill that consumes the Totem.That sounds like killable glyphs with your ancestral Totem being a direct copy of the to Elemental summoning glyphs.Therefore your totems would be should utility skills.

While I enjoy Shaman in WoW as much as you seem to do, I doubt Totems could work with all the AoE and Cleave being dropped left and right.And If you make their HP high enough so they don't die easily, some Mesmer mains will cry about Illusions dying too fast.

Arenanet could, at best, could give wells or symbols to Elementalist and make them look like totems.Also, totems are objects of worship, so Sylvari, Asura and Charr cultures (unless bend beyond recognition) doesn't work with the lore of such an elite spec.I also doubt Anet would give each race unique looking totems to reflect the gods/spirits of the wild/whatever they would bend the other races' culture into.

• 2 years later...
5 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Sorry for necroing a thread but did anet use this as inspiration? Assuming totems are now augments and the f5 is the well

I doubt this was the direct inspiration. So many people here post their own elite spec ideas that you're bound to find some similarities between fans ideas and the final product. If anything, since this spec seems inspired from Shaman in WoW, I'd think it'd be more accurate to say Shaman inspired Catalyst... of course, its too early to really make judgements, lets wait till we see it in action.