Revenant or necro

kaliku.7914

As the title states i d like to kindly ask for ur guidance.Im a returning player after some many years, purchased expansions and im thinking of goong either reaper necro or power rev.Considering i have 3x lvl 80 chars from vanilla( war,mesmer and guardian) so im not a complete noob although very rusty, which of the two classes would u recommend specially for all types of pvp.I mainly do melee dps/off tankTy in advance

@kaliku.7914 said:As the title states i d like to kindly ask for ur guidance.Im a returning player after some many years, purchased expansions and im thinking of goong either reaper necro or power rev.Considering i have 3x lvl 80 chars from vanilla( war,mesmer and guardian) so im not a complete noob although very rusty, which of the two classes would u recommend specially for all types of pvp.I mainly do melee dps/off tankTy in advance

Both are fun and both have their inherent flaws.

1. Necromancer is slow, and has tons of tools but its situational.
  2. Rev is locked behind legends with less customazation in initial build craft and is a jack of all trades; But it is faster and can provide tons of interesting gameplay.
  3. Necromancer has the better elite specs in my opinion, Scourge is crazy strong and reaper is not far behind.
  4. Rev's elite specs are both more support in nature, one of which won't work outside of PvE very well (Renegade.)

Play the one you enjoy the feel, theme and gameplay of the most. But both can be fun and both have a bit of a learning curve ~ I hope this helps.

With the Revenant you don't have as much freedom and variety, as Thornwolf already explained. It also takes more practice to avoid lethal damage. It's not a tank profession.

Necromancer, on the other hand, is much more laid back during combat. You can run power or condition builds, minion master, Reaper (melee) or shade master (Scourge), even supporter if you are feeling particularly bored. ;) I recommend you start with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Of the two, Necro is easiest to get into and has a low skill floor for most content and game modes. Revenant also has a place, and is very effective in all content types as well but requires some time and skill investment to become serviceable.

However, revenant is LOADS more fun in my opinion. I'd say give them both a try and see which one speaks to you more - you can always delete a character and reroll if you don't like the class!