New Ascended Seeds not working as intended(I hope)

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

@zipain.5276 said:Why not just make a large batch 1 time? This is not tedious at all compared to some other things.

You want ascended food or not? Its not like its just a little better than its lower tier food, its like A LOT better. And theres a lot of very very cheap food to craft.

I just found out what food I want, and I bought the seeds and make a massive batch, I go harvest, plant new, done.

This is what I do.

Tip of the day: Using item boosters and other farming boosts lets you harvest the varietal herb patches multiple times. The last time I made a batch, I planted 8 cilantro, and picked up 13 once I grabbed all of them. Planted 4 sesame, reaped 5.

That's several gold with of free loot. If you have a spare toon, park one near the home instance, give them an item booster and give them a sickle with the Glyph of Bounty. You'll get several gold of extra loot with every wave of cultivated herbs.

Really!? Thats nice!

You need to use item boosters when you plant or when you harvest?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@zipain.5276 said:

@zipain.5276 said:Why not just make a large batch 1 time? This is not tedious at all compared to some other things.

You want ascended food or not? Its not like its just a little better than its lower tier food, its like A LOT better. And theres a lot of very very cheap food to craft.

I just found out what food I want, and I bought the seeds and make a massive batch, I go harvest, plant new, done.

This is what I do.

Tip of the day: Using item boosters and other farming boosts lets you harvest the varietal herb patches multiple times. The last time I made a batch, I planted 8 cilantro, and picked up 13 once I grabbed all of them. Planted 4 sesame, reaped 5.

That's several gold with of free loot. If you have a spare toon, park one near the home instance, give them an item booster and give them a sickle with the Glyph of Bounty. You'll get several gold of extra loot with every wave of cultivated herbs.

Really!? Thats nice!

sounds alike an exploitl

1.) Arena.net should be ashamed for pushing the Garden again with this patch. It should not have been purchasable until everything was finalized.2.) Arena.net did not give any indication that things were not working as intended.3.) The garden itself is now inconsistent. Telling a new player you can't farm those but you can farm these, because... Reasons? Could be in the same garden slot.4..) There are multiple exploits with the gardening. Before the attention was on people sharing and using it as a community thing. Helping other guildies etc. Now it's a gold farmers and exploiters dream...5.) One of those exploits caused another item people purchased to be disabled....6.) Two of the other exploits are being pointed out in this thread.7.) It caused cheap holiday food to skyrocket in price. (I should be thankful because I buy stacks to help out new guildies... I honestly believe holiday food should not be salvaged. Food can really help out new players, and I believe it is extremely helpful for new players. Especially those that decide to do an instant 80 instead of leveling up from scratch.

To call the implementation disappointing, is an understatement.

@zipain.5276 said:

This is what I do.

Really!? Thats nice!

Harvest only. They count as regular herb patches then.

@Calistin.6210 said:Kind of happy I haven't bothered with cooking....this all seems kind of fail to me tbh. Getting food for buffing yourself shouldn't be such a hassle.

This food is just not food, it gives a lot of extra buffs than just a simple damage buff or healing buff. You can get easy food, and it will still do the trick.

And there is really no hassle to it. Its pretty straight forward and simple. Even the quest for unlocking it is simple.

@zipain.5276 said:

@"Calistin.6210" said:Kind of happy I haven't bothered with cooking....this all seems kind of fail to me tbh. Getting food for buffing yourself shouldn't be such a hassle.

This food is just not food, it gives a lot of extra buffs than just a simple damage buff or healing buff. You can get easy food, and it will still do the trick.

And there is really no hassle to it. Its pretty straight forward and simple. Even the quest for unlocking it is simple.

Sounds like a hassle to me, didn't say it was too complicated. The whole need to get a seed to plant just to harvest once is a huge hassle IMO, they should be node that do not require seeds to be planted each time...just like other mats you gather.

I already have a day job so do not require more in game which is suppose to be my leisure time, already got enough "work" doing the daily, guildhall/home gather and ore run each day.

You could just buy them ... or at mentioned above just craft a pile of them at once. Right now I would only need to craft once every 3 months. If I do a bit more gathering that could easily stretch into a once a year thing. That is not even counting the seeds that will get picked up while doing other stuff around the world.

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

@"Calistin.6210" said:I already have a day job so do not require more in game which is suppose to be my leisure time, already got enough "work" doing the daily, guildhall/home gather and ore run each day.

Typical "I don't want to have to put in any work whatsoever for endgame content" mentality.

Not really I just don't consider "buffs" endgame content. Remember to not attack a poster simply because you do not agree with them, it doesn't make you look cool, clever or tuff at all.

@LucianDK.8615 said:The sheer hassle of this is making it not worth the bother, when standard food works just fine.

Pretty much what I am thinking.

@Calistin.6210 said:

@Calistin.6210 said:I already have a day job so do not require more in game which is suppose to be my leisure time, already got enough "work" doing the daily, guildhall/home gather and ore run each day.

Typical "I don't want to have to put in any work whatsoever for endgame content" mentality.

Not really I just don't consider "buffs" endgame content. Remember to not attack a poster simply because you do not agree with them, it doesn't make you look cool, clever or tuff at all.

You may not but Anet does. They’ve even created a system where the buffs available to the player which get stronger with their level. There’s also nothing that states that crafting buffs cannot be a part of endgame.

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

@"Calistin.6210" said:I already have a day job so do not require more in game which is suppose to be my leisure time, already got enough "work" doing the daily, guildhall/home gather and ore run each day.

Cooking is endgame content now?

He didnt say he wasnt willing to put in effort, rather this particular sort of busywork.

@Ashen.2907 said:

He didnt say he wasnt willing to put in effort, rather this particular sort of busywork.

Correct see now you're getting it, ascended cooking is endgame content, just like ascended armorsmithing and ascended weaponsmithing is considered endgame content.

No one says you need ascended armor or weapons, but people who want the extra bonus put the effort in. No one says you need ascended cooking, but people who want the extra bonus will also put the effort in. That's how that works.

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

@"Ashen.2907" said:

Correct see now you're getting it, ascended cooking is endgame content, just like ascended armorsmithing and ascended weaponsmithing is considered endgame content.

No one says you need ascended armor or weapons, but people who want the extra bonus put the effort in. No one says you need ascended cooking, but people who want the extra bonus will also put the effort in. That's how that works.

Hey, if standing in LA adjacent to a crafting station while pressing "F" is what passes for endgame content now, we might as well disband the raid, fractal, pvp, and wvw teams.

@"Ashen.2907" said:Hey, if standing in LA adjacent to a crafting station while pressing "F" is what passes for endgame content now, we might as well disband the raid, fractal, pvp, and wvw teams.

So your argument is that working towards endgame gear and buffs is not endgame? You have to be trolling to come up with that kind of nonsense.

@Ashen.2907 said:

Cooking is endgame content now?Technically, yes. After all, according to old GW2 adage, "The whole game is endgame".

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

@"Ashen.2907" said:Hey, if standing in LA adjacent to a crafting station while pressing "F" is what passes for endgame content now, we might as well disband the raid, fractal, pvp, and wvw teams.

So your argument is that working towards endgame gear and buffs is not endgame? You have to be trolling to come up with that kind of nonsense.

How end games is clicking on a buff someone else created...and your team now being stronger in WVW?

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

To be fair, some people don't want to spend all their time just getting ready to be able to have fun. They want to log in and have fun.

If you find working towards all this stuff fun, then great! But if you don't, then the prep-work is just that. Work.

@Palador.2170 said:

To be fair, some people don't want to spend all their time just getting ready to be able to have fun. They want to log in and have fun.

If you find working towards all this stuff fun, then great! But if you don't, then the prep-work is just that. Work.

Good, and you don't have to. You don't have to have ascended armor or weapons, and as MANY others have pointed out already, you don't have to have ascended cooking. Basically the complainers are complaining that they aren't willing to work for the thing that isn't required of them to have in the first place. So whats the problem? If you don't want to put the effort in, continue to play the game with exotics and 400 level buffs as you always have. Once again, the people willing to put the effort in for ascended armor, ascended weapons, and ascended food will.

I can't wait for these exact same complaints when 500 jewelcrafting comes out. "What! I have to make ascended mats with a daily cooldown to make ascended jewelry?! This is reprehensible and I can't be bothered to do this!"