Question about Diminished Effect

Ok, first of all here is the Definition of Diminished effect from Wiki. "The only purpose of the Diminished effect is to act as a reminder that an Enhancement has ended and has no other effects on the character."

I have been in the habit of using both the Metabolic and Utility Primers.

I have started using the Ascended foods, and, this evening, I played under the influence of Clove-Spiced Coq Au Vin.

I was winding down my playtime by killing such things that live in Istan, when, I noticed I had a Diminished Effect warning. My Clove-Spiced Coq Au Vin had 8 hours, 6 min, and 29 seconds left, as did my Tinned Fruitcake.

So...if I have 8 hours left why do I have a Diminished Effect warning?

The Ascended food is made to work with the Primers..right???

Lisa-So confused.

@"Julischka Bean.7491" said:Ok, first of all here is the Definition of Diminished effect from Wiki. "The only purpose of the Diminished effect is to act as a reminder that an Enhancement has ended and has no other effects on the character."

I have started using the Ascended foods, and, this evening, I played under the influence of Clove-Spiced Coq Au Vin.

I was winding down my playtime by killing such things that live in Istan, when, I noticed I had a Diminished Effect warning. My Clove-Spiced Coq Au Vin had 8 hours, 6 min, and 29 seconds left, as did my Tinned Fruitcake.

Lisa-So confused.

Are you sure your not talking about diminishing returns aka less drops from farming the same mobs in the same area over and over?

@Julischka Bean.7491 said:I was winding down my playtime by killing such things that live in Istan, when, I noticed I had a Diminished Effect warning. My Clove-Spiced Coq Au Vin had 8 hours, 6 min, and 29 seconds left, as did my Tinned Fruitcake.Do you happen to have a screenshot of your buff bar at the moment? You say you had both the malnourished (purple with apple) debuff and the regular food buff (blue with apple) in your buff icon list? If so, that sounds more like a bug to me than anything else, but as long as the food buff (the blue one) is there things should work as normal.

@"Julischka Bean.7491" said:Ok, first of all here is the Definition of Diminished effect from Wiki. "The only purpose of the Diminished effect is to act as a reminder that an Enhancement has ended and has no other effects on the character."

Lisa-So confused.

Oh yea, I forgot the primers only extend what you eaten after the buff of them was applied so if you ate ascended first with an old primer and then just put on a new primer you will lose the food.

I am back.If I knew how to post a screenshot I would have, but I don't, so I tried to use words to explain my problem...it was late at night and I was still saddened by having to put my 15 year old snugglebug of a tabby to sleep that afternoon.

I will google the subject of posting screenshots to this forum.

A few minutes ago I logged into the affected warrior, and, this time it said the Utility was what was diminished, yet I still had eight hours of usage.

So, to see what would happen, I "ate" another Tinned Fruitcake, which is what I use as my Utility, and did not use the Utility Primer.

The result of this was that the "Diminished" warning went away...and I still had the 8 hours of usage!!!!

Not sure what to think about this.

Anyone know???

@"Julischka Bean.7491" said:I am back.If I knew how to post a screenshot I would have, but I don't, so I tried to use words to explain my problem...it was late at night and I was still saddened by having to put my 15 year old snugglebug of a tabby to sleep that afternoon.

A few minutes ago I logged into the affected warrior, and, this time it said the Utility was what was diminished, yet I still had eight hours of usage.

So, to see what would happen, I "ate" another Tinned Fruitcake, which is what I use as my Utility, and did not use the Utility Primer.

The result of this was that the "Diminished" warning went away...and I still had the 8 hours of usage!!!!

Anyone know???

For screenshots: (From the above Sticky, "Library") https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/386/faq-about-using-the-forums

@"Julischka Bean.7491" said:I am back.If I knew how to post a screenshot I would have, but I don't, so I tried to use words to explain my problem...it was late at night and I was still saddened by having to put my 15 year old snugglebug of a tabby to sleep that afternoon.

Anyone know???

If you had utility effect and then poped a utility primer it would not extend the utility effect.It only extends what you use after you put primer on.

First of all, thank you Inculpatus. I will study this. As they say, a picture of the problem is worth a thousand words.

Now, Linken. Let me see if I understand.

Yesterday, I was experimenting with Ascended food.

When I ate the foods, I already had both primers running.

The length of time before expiration was and is showing the same for both Food and Utility. Eight hours.

But, I got a message, hours later, saying My Utility Primer was expiring with eight hours left to run.

Eating another Fruitcake made the notice go away, and the length of time before expiration was the same.

Why did I get a Diminished warning to begin with????

@Julischka Bean.7491 said:

@Linken.6345 said:That is strange shouldn't happen.

Big wide grin. Welcome to my world. If there is even a very slight chance to mess up...I will find it.

Just had this happen to me, were did you eat your utility food and primers?

I ask since I poped a food primer and food inside wing 5 raid instance, after 25mins I noticed my food only had 5 mins left so went out of instance to the aerodome and poped another food.Poff it matched the primer.

@Linken.6345 said:

Big wide grin. Welcome to my world. If there is even a very slight chance to mess up...I will find it.

I ask since I poped a food primer and food inside wing 5 raid instance, after 25mins I noticed my food only had 5 mins left so went out of instance to the aerodome and poped another food.Poff it matched the primer.

Hmm.. Are you thinking it may be more of an instanced content issue (if it’s consumed within the instance) or are you thinking it may be more of a raid content issue?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Hmm.. Are you thinking it may be more of an instanced content issue (if it’s consumed within the instance) or are you thinking it may be more of a raid content issue?

instanced

@Linken.6345 said:

instanced

Have you posted this in the ‘bug’ section?

Along with maybe the raid/fractal/dungeon section as all of them are instanced? And maybe someone there is seeing the same thing.