Siege is now useless in wvw

@steki.1478 said:

@Amicas Freewalker.7643 said:yup, figured someone would have a assume comment like yours. Hang in there with 2 full servers left. Game is rocking. To funny. Let me know next time you fight in one so I can watch and learn from your great expertise.

Just join Gandara and learn from them. That server has mastered the use of siege and clouding in general, but sadly that's the only thing they can do.

Lol, well it's still better than deso that cannot do a single kitten thing in wvw :D

Say that when you reach positive k/d :D

My server is doing just fine thanks.

@Amicas Freewalker.7643 said:yup, figured someone would have a assume comment like yours. Hang in there with 2 full servers left. Game is rocking. To funny. Let me know next time you fight in one so I can watch and learn from your great expertise.

mmhmmm. That is very strange. My server is currently in T1 and I can swear we've been facing sizeable opposition this and last week. That would make already 3 servers with quite a lively population in this week, and since one server went down to T2 last week, and one came up from T2, that's another one. So your 2 full servers left already turned to four in just two weeks.Looking at the score distribution on the server tier below ours, the scores don't seem to be castly outrageous in favor of one server either. One server went down, meaning there are two others that are competing quite okay. Six servers that seem to be doing quite well on the side of vitality. And that's only from my personal experience and conclusions drawn from looking at the scores.

Sometimes I really wonder how some peoples' perception works. Must be very selective. And what do you hope to achieve by posts filled with such negativity? Is that somehow going to win players back? How does that strategy play out in those peoples' head?No, we're not facing just one or two servers with quite a lively population.

@steki.1478 said:

Just join Gandara and learn from them. That server has mastered the use of siege and clouding in general, but sadly that's the only thing they can do.

Just build more ac forehead no need to transfer server. 20 ac should be enough ?

@Zepoolpe.9217 said:

@steki.1478 said:Just join Gandara and learn from them. That server has mastered the use of siege and clouding in general, but sadly that's the only thing they can do.

Or just join Deso and place some ACs & a treb next to the Fire's keep lord's room to attempt (and fail) to retake it. =)

Shhhhh. Deso have a fight guild move to them now, a prominent one. Hence theyre all pro fighters.

@steki.1478 said:

@"Amicas Freewalker.7643" said:yup, figured someone would have a assume comment like yours. Hang in there with 2 full servers left. Game is rocking. To funny. Let me know next time you fight in one so I can watch and learn from your great expertise.

And if we run out of mortars, we throw Rockets.

@nthmetal.9652 said:

mmhmmm. That is very strange. My server is currently in T1 and I can swear we've been facing sizeable opposition this and last week. That would make already 3 servers with quite a lively population in this week, and since one server went down to T2 last week, and one came up from T2, that's another one. So your 2 full servers left already turned to four in just two weeks.Looking at the score distribution on the server tier below ours, the scores don't seem to be castly outrageous in favor of one server either. One server went down, meaning there are two others that are competing quite okay. Six servers that seem to be doing quite well on the side of vitality. And that's only from my personal experience and conclusions drawn from looking at the scores.

Sometimes I really wonder how some peoples' perception works. Must be very selective. And what do you hope to achieve by posts filled with such negativity? Is that somehow going to win players back? How does that strategy play out in those peoples' head?No, we're not facing just one or two servers with quite a lively population.

I dunno, man. Last week NA had 2 full servers, 1 Very High, 8 High and 12 Medium. This week - 1 Full, 2 Very High, 7 High, 14 Medium. And people said it's gonna get better this week because Summer vacation's over and people are coming back. Doesn't look like it.

@Gop.8713 said:I'm with OP in that I like strategic fights but I think anet is looking to move the game mode more towards fluid, dynamic activity so I wouldn't look to see defenses getting any buffs any time soon . . .

Those word make me think of pubg or Fortnite play. Literally the only thing they could do to wvw that would make me quit the mode -- and being originally from ET and playing through some bleak times and still loving wvw that says a lot.

You can pull the invunerable tactivator.. use unlockable disablers.. attack siege.. flash build counter siege.. repair while invun..

Then you realize everyone else transferred to the stacked server and there is no zergs on your team.. there will be no backup comming for the next 10 hours.. even primetime you will be outnumbered.. then you log out and wait for the announcement of alliances.. still waiting.

@XatraZaytrax.2601 said:

@Gop.8713 said:I'm with OP in that I like strategic fights but I think anet is looking to move the game mode more towards fluid, dynamic activity so I wouldn't look to see defenses getting any buffs any time soon . . .

Those word make me think of pubg or Fortnite play. Literally the only thing they could do to wvw that would make me quit the mode -- and being originally from ET and playing through some bleak times and still loving wvw that says a lot.

Well to be clear that's just my impression, it's not an officially stated anet policy afaik. But to me if you look at the nerfs to defensive siege, the mount, the reduction in tiered wall/gate strength, etc. I think there is a unifying theme of making things easier to flip and I think that was motivated by anet seeing a lot of stagnant maps where everything was tiered and sieged up so players would log in and find nothing they could flip then just log back out. But again that's just me trying to make sense of the changes, it's not something they've actually come out and said, as far as I am aware . . .

@Sylosis.7125 said:

Just build more ac forehead no need to transfer server. 20 ac should be enough ?

Only if you get banned forehead.

@c space cowboy.2764 said:Use different tactics? Like hardened siege?

Siege takes damage from Conditions now remember. Scourges and Firebrands well a Reinforced Siege it doesn't matter, it dies in seconds. And it takes 5-8 Superior Arrowcarts to do enough damage to take down ONE enemy out of SIXTY? Cannons used to drop 1/4 of enemy troops, now it drops nothing, due to the severe regeneration and invulnerabilities thrown around like candy. I agree with the poster. Siege does nary a bit of damage any longer. We've been buffed up to god like proportions now making Defensive siege nearly absolutely useless.