Classified boards.

Those bounty boards out in the desert look just like the boards containing the "want to join a mediocre band?" flyers at my music store... And... If your guild is looking for a guy to add to your static raid team the closest thing we have to that board in actuality, is mapchat.

So... Can we get a board put up in the Aerodrome? (not in a menu. You should have to know what the Aerodome is and how to get there before you're reading about guild openings in raid statics.)

I just want to put out an add, with a button at the bottom that says 'reply' that opens some in game mail all filled out to the target and I just have to type.

I want to put up an add for "AlacRen main needed for guild static. Only apply if you also have a condi and power dps ready and geared."

And I get it, that's sorta specific. But I should be able to list that, somewhere where everyone looking for a raid static can see it.

Just saying. Lfg filled with pyramid schemes and map-chat 1 paragraph sales pitches are so last decade.

@starhunter.6015 said:

@BrokenGlass.9356 said:Appreciate that. Just saying that resource should be accessible in game. Especially while you're standing around the aerodrome waiting for luck. That's the moment when I'm gonna search that. Like... I have better things to phone about from the john.

LFG is accessible in game .................always has been.

That works for finding a PUG. Not so much for a static group.

@Seera.5916 said:

@BrokenGlass.9356 said:Appreciate that. Just saying that resource should be accessible in game. Especially while you're standing around the aerodrome waiting for luck. That's the moment when I'm gonna search that. Like... I have better things to phone about from the john.

LFG is accessible in game .................always has been.

That works for finding a PUG. Not so much for a static group.

Exactly my point. Or a guild even. Who does what? Who run elite speed clears, and who runs causal training.

I know there's tons of resources outside the game. There should be something that gets close inside the game.

I feel like you guys are trolling.

Like... I know you both get my point... And get how the LOOKING FOR GROUP tool is not a 'looking for static raid' tool, nor is it a 'looking for guild' nor is it a 'looking for tank chrono with power deadeye alt' tool.

Any use of this tool for any reason beyond looking for a group inside your immediate play session has been long maligned as a misuse of the tool. From the days the first guy started selling Arah.

@"starhunter.6015" said:I have seen guilds use the LFG for recruiting . Still the point stands , we have a classified board in game already. Just depends on how players wish to use it.

Well one difference could be that the one who posts the add could be offline and receives applications via mail or sets the meeting time in the add itself. "Looking for Asura females who would join me for a swim in the Lion Arch bay on Saturday 8 pm CET. Join my group 15 mins before start"Otherwise lfg is the solution.

@BrokenGlass.9356 said:I feel like you guys are trolling.

Like... I know you both get my point... And get how the LOOKING FOR GROUP tool is not a 'looking for static raid' tool, nor is it a 'looking for guild' nor is it a 'looking for tank chrono with power deadeye alt' tool.

Any use of this tool for any reason beyond looking for a group inside your immediate play session has been long maligned as a misuse of the tool. From the days the first guy started selling Arah.

I don't think they are its more people trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. So effectively looking you for a LFG style tool but is present when people are offline so that people have better way to organise. Hey let's meet on Wednesday 9 PM for event x. Need another Tuesdays that are running this for that activity.

Fair enough. Honestly I may have overreacted. But the LFG being misused is a dead horse debate on these forums. And I felt like my argument was being boxed up and eaten by the pre-existing arguments about a different issue entirely.

But...Yeah, something where I can list my availability. Set appointments, and organize... That's in game.... And uses the ingame mail system to provide communication over time.

Then if we're SUPER-wishlisting it's be cool to have an App that would let you check, and post on the board as it appears in game, from your phone.

But just a purpose built ingame tool would do the trick for now.

@BrokenGlass.9356 said:

Then if we're SUPER-wishlisting it's be cool to have an App that would let you check, and post on the board as it appears in game, from your phone.

But just a purpose built ingame tool would do the trick for now.

Whenever people bring up mobile apps, I see these kinds of function over any type of mobile game. Could definitely see some posting for activity kind of functions in the future. It would need some sort of date/time kind of function so it could clean itself up over time.