Mesmer Buff: True Replication (WvW Only)

Avion Blade.4869

Introducing a new passive mechanic feature for the Mesmer: True Replication (WvW only)

Your clones will have the exact same icon information as you do, the player. However, clones will not be able to have the "mark or marked" from sentries, towers, or player-skill mechanics, only the real mesmer player when tagged.

Examples of the feature:

• Guild bonuses and bloodlust bonuses will also show on your clones
  • Food bonuses and utility bonuses will also show on your clones
  • Any consumed exp boosters from rewards will also show on your clones

Result: Gives mesmers the ability to be truly deceptive, only giving themselves away if they move too much and are too obvious due to the faster rate of attack be it melee or ranged.

Concerns from other classes:

• May be too OP due to the difficulty of finding the real mesmer.

Justification of update:

• By definition a clone is an organism or cell, or group of organisms or cells, produced asexually from one ancestor or stock, to which they are genetically identical.
  • The identical aspect needs to cover everything, including player icon information
  • The mesmer suffer's from the ability to sustain while outnumbered (sustain mind you, NOT destroy the opponents, but sustain, and by sustain I mean last long enough before dying by the rightful skill of other players), therefore, by using the mesmer's actual profession mechanic rightly, acting like a clone, it will help with the confusion.
  • simply tabbing the tab key can easily help identify the mesmer in the current state of the game, the real mesmer will have bonus icons while the clones do not, completely defeating the whole purpose of having clones.
  • Mesmer's who move around too much will definitely give themselves away, but if they like to sacrifice some DPS for survivability, they can simply act like clones.
  • Players no longer have to rely on builds which live and die by evade spams, but can truly master deception as a mesmer.
  • The visual give away is that the clones will have a slightly darker shade than the real player.

Thoughts?

I always found it interesting, how the one mechanic and feature "clone" does not replicate the icons of the player itself.

@alain.1659 said:

@alain.1659 said:I do not think people would accept that. Mesmer was more deceptive back in the days yet people hated it. So it is a pink coloured pew pew now.

Pink AND BLUE tyvm

Dont be dissing my mesmer like that :p

Oh and a little bit white :)Remembering my good old glamour mesmer days... What this game has become :(

easy...FashionWars :p

I know what you mean tho. Times have def changed