“Bound by Blood” is coming on September 17!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Arden.7480" said:No wonder "a trailer" comes with the prologue... they have really nothing to show with this prologue just charr bashing this, charr crashing this. All of this followed by a "big announcement".

My guess is what they are trying to do is show little bits of various things and then tie it up with the full trailer on release day.

Not only is that not a sensible way to do things imo, it also eliminates the week of speculation and theory crafting players used to enjoy leading up to release.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"Arden.7480" said:No wonder "a trailer" comes with the prologue... they have really nothing to show with this prologue just charr bashing this, charr crashing this. All of this followed by a "big announcement".

My guess is what they are trying to do is show little bits of various things and then tie it up with the full trailer on release day.

Not only is that not a sensible way to do things imo, it also eliminates the week of speculation and theory crafting players used to enjoy leading up to release.

exactly, they even stopped doing the stuff we used to get, there was always a trailer one or more week before the story release, and even this tradition was abandoned for no reason....

I feel so betrayed.

O man I hate the charr....they destroyed old Ascalon back in that day. And they set up there home on there graves and repeatedly kill human Ascalonian ghosts. All charr from child to grown up needs to be exterminated, and there lands returned to there rightful owners of the Ascalonian decendants ...humans otherwise...if I could help jormag kill every charr and invade there home land like they did in the searing days. Things might be right again in tyria.

Long live Ascalon!

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:O man I hate the charr....they destroyed old Ascalon back in that day. And they set up there home on there graves and repeatedly kill human Ascalonian ghosts. All charr from child to grown up needs to be exterminated, and there lands returned to there rightful owners of the Ascalonian decendants ...humans otherwise...if I could help jormag kill every charr and invade there home land like they did in the searing days. Things might be right again in tyria.

Long live Ascalon!

Uhm... someone needs to brush up on their history lessons. ;) The Ascalonian territory originally belonged to the Charr. Then Humans invaded the place, and the Charr took it back. If anything, it rightfully belongs to the Charr, not the Humans, who set up their new home on the graves of Charr Ascalonian citizens (although one might argue that we don't know who was there before the Charr - claiming land is always a debateable action).

I miss old Ascalon, too, and hated the Charr for what they did, but after seven years of GW2 I have long gotten over that. ;)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:O man I hate the charr....they destroyed old Ascalon back in that day. And they set up there home on there graves and repeatedly kill human Ascalonian ghosts. All charr from child to grown up needs to be exterminated, and there lands returned to there rightful owners of the Ascalonian decendants ...humans otherwise...if I could help jormag kill every charr and invade there home land like they did in the searing days. Things might be right again in tyria.

Long live Ascalon!

Uhm... someone needs to brush up on their history lessons. ;) The Ascalonian territory originally belonged to the Charr. Then Humans invaded the place, and the Charr took it back. If anything, it
rightfully
belongs to the Charr, not the Humans, who set up
their
new home on the graves of Charr Ascalonian citizens (although one might argue that we don't know who was there before the Charr - claiming land is always a debateable action).

I miss old Ascalon, too, and hated the Charr for what they did, but after seven years of GW2 I have long gotten over that. ;)

You sure old Ascalon was originally charr? I read it was always human dominate and they build the wall to protect themself

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Long live Ascalon!

Uhm... someone needs to brush up on their history lessons. ;) The Ascalonian territory originally belonged to the Charr. Then Humans invaded the place, and the Charr took it back. If anything, it
rightfully
their
new home on the graves of Charr Ascalonian citizens (although one might argue that we don't know who was there before the Charr - claiming land is always a debateable action).

You sure old Ascalon was originally charr? I read it was always human dominate and they build the wall to protect themself

Humans took it from Charr who took it from the race(s) that lived there before

Wiki suggests those were the Forgottenhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascalon

@Randulf.7614 said:

Long live Ascalon!

rightfully
their

The race that was there before mmm....I'd bet a lot of gold those before were humonz.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Long live Ascalon!

rightfully
their

The land known as Ascalon was originally claimed by the charr sometime before 100 BE when they conquered the indigenous Forgotten, though if they had any name for the region is not known.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascalon

People keep saying they are looking for the trailers anet usually releases, but i wonder how many of them even bothered to read the digital magazine they made for it. The magazine is titled issue 1, which means they are planning to do that format more in the future. I know its not the same as a trailer video, but it supplies the same (if not more) info on the upcoming release than any trailer would. Trailers are nice and all, but its not correct to shout that anet isn't releasing info and allowing us to speculate when the magazine has pages of things to speculate on if people weren't so lazy to not read it.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Long live Ascalon!

rightfully
their

The race that was there before mmm....I'd bet a lot of gold those before were humonz.

You'd lose a lot of gold ;)

Not highly impressed with what I've seen from the map so far but I guess we'll see. I've always found the Ascalon zone texutres to feel a little flat and it doesn't look like they've got the same quality we see from the newer maps. But it's a short clip and it's only been bits and pieces so far.

I am intrigued by the white sculpture in the middle. It almost looks like somekind of frozen/crystalized Titan-esque creature. Not really sure why it's sitting in the middle of the duneroller arena though but I guess we'll find out. The activities so far look interesting at least.

@"Eddbopkins.2630" said:You sure old Ascalon was originally charr? I read it was always human dominate and they build the wall to protect themself

The Charr had been there long before the Humans. Before that, obviously, the Forgotten, which I had completely forgotten about, oops! Pun intended. ;) https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascalon#History

Edit: "The charr were in Tyria first and ran wild over the entire continent." (source)

@Randulf.7614 said:

Long live Ascalon!

rightfully
their

Guess I did...but in the wake of the charr civilization I say the land has become ungly and uncivilized. They need to leave and return it to human control....old Ascalon was so beautiful before the charr invasion. All the charr did to the land is uglify the landscape.And massacure the inhabitants.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Long live Ascalon!

rightfully
their

Guess I did...but in the wake of the charr civilization I say the land has become ungly and uncivilized. They need to leave and return it to human control....old Ascalon was so beautiful before the charr invasion. All the charr did to the land is uglify the landscape.And massacure the inhabitants.

And they broke Gwen's flute.

Some things can never be forgiven..