Stackable white, blue, and green gear

Ol Nik.2518

As it is now, most of white, blue, and green gear has no value beyond salvage. Making it stackable would reduce clutter and make inventory management much easier.

Clarification: I am asking only for items with the same ID to be stackable:

• two (2) white berserker wands of lvl 70 (same stats, no upgrades, identical items/IDs) make a stack of 2 and take only 1 inventory slot (instead of using 2 inventory slots as it is now);
  • 1 lvl 60 white berserker wand and 1 lvl 60 white berserker axe (same stats but different weapon types) still require 2 inventory slots, since items are not identical.

@Ol Nik.2518 said:Many of us identify unidentified gear before salvaging. Making all non-rare/non-exotic gear stackable would be very helpful.

But yet they are normally all over the place in types of gear that is identified, stats etc. how on earth are you going to see benefits from that if you are getting 6 different armor types with 6-18 stats, weapons in larger numbers and varieties?

Not sure how I see you getting actual benefit from this?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Ol Nik.2518 said:Many of us identify unidentified gear before salvaging. Making all non-rare/non-exotic gear stackable would be very helpful.

But yet they are normally all over the place in types of gear that is identified, stats etc. how on earth are you going to see benefits from that if you are getting 6 different armor types with 6-18 stats, weapons in larger numbers and varieties?

Not sure how I see you getting actual benefit from this?

I agree that the effects would be barely noticeable for those who salvage just a few dozens of items. However, it would be beneficial when dealing with big inventories and several stacks of unidentified gear.

You cannot stack gears as each has a different skin (the reason why ppl unpack unid gears) like Inculpatus says. I don't want them to change this either since I like unlocking new skins. If you just want to salvage items without unpacking them, just salvage the unids directly (or sell them unpacked to tp).

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:How could they possibly stack different items? Each has its own ID. Since the advent of Unidentified Gear, I rarely get any identified gear.If the bulk of your identified gear comes from identifying Unidentified Gear, don't identify it, just salvage directly.

@Aaralyna.3104, this should answer your comment as well.

As it is now, gear with the same ID is non-stackable. I would love it to become stackable. Just to make it clear: same ID -> stackable, different IDs -> non-stackable. Just this change, nothing else.

As for not identifying unidentified gear, it is a loss of gold and materials. It might not be significant if you are dealing with 10-20 items, but it becomes a huge sum over time (especially for farmers).

@Aaralyna.3104 said:You cannot stack gears as each has a different skin (the reason why ppl unpack unid gears) like Inculpatus says. I don't want them to change this either since I like unlocking new skins. If you just want to salvage items without unpacking them, just salvage the unids directly (or sell them unpacked to tp).

He means gear of the same type, stats, level, skin, quality and maybe I missed something. So if all parameters are the same I don't see how this would hurt anything. If you farm one area for longer periods I guess there is a chance that you will get duplicates when id. How large is your inventory :)?

The key here is to identify and salvage before you get to the multiple stacks of gear, back when magic find affected the item you got out of unidentified gear there was a reason to build up a number of stacks before boosting your magic find as high as possible and opening the lot, now there is no reason not to identify and salvage often. It's the last thing I do at the end of a session.

If they allowed identical items to stack it'd allow you to maybe identify 3-4 extra items or so before your inventory fills up, even with large inventories. It wouldn't make that much of a difference even if you had multiple stacks of bags to open.

Now that the OP has been edited, how often do you get two (or more) of the same item in a play session? I know I occaisonally do, but it's not often, and rarely does it happen for more than one item at a time. Surely never becomes an issue when I'm out playing, and when I'm doing mass identifying, I'm certainly nowhere near combat.

@Pifil.5193 said:The key here is to identify and salvage before you get to the multiple stacks of gear, back when magic find affected the item you got out of unidentified gear there was a reason to build up a number of stacks before boosting your magic find as high as possible and opening the lot, now there is no reason not to identify and salvage often. It's the last thing I do at the end of a session.This is a good approach. But I am afraid that we all have our preferred inventory management workflows. Big butches work better with my playstyle and schedule.

@Pifil.5193 said:If they allowed identical items to stack it'd allow you to maybe identify 3-4 extra items or so before your inventory fills up, even with large inventories. It wouldn't make that much of a difference even if you had multiple stacks of bags to open.@Inculpatus cedo.9234, this answers your question, too.Unidentified gear is not the only source of blue/green gear.

Please note that I do agree that this change will not make a huge difference for the majority of players. It also will not give players benefitting from it a huge advantage over other players. However, it still would be a welcome enhancement of the quality of life.

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

@Pifil.5193 said:The key here is to identify and salvage before you get to the multiple stacks of gear, back when magic find affected the item you got out of unidentified gear there was a reason to build up a number of stacks before boosting your magic find as high as possible and opening the lot, now there is no reason not to identify and salvage often. It's the last thing I do at the end of a session.This is a good approach. But I am afraid that we all have our preferred inventory management workflows. Big butches work better with my playstyle and schedule.

@Pifil.5193 said:If they allowed identical items to stack it'd allow you to maybe identify 3-4 extra items or so before your inventory fills up, even with large inventories. It wouldn't make that much of a difference even if you had multiple stacks of bags to open.@Inculpatus cedo.9234, this answers your question, too.Unidentified gear is not the only source of blue/green gear.

Please note that I do agree that this change will not make a huge difference for the majority of players. It also will not give players benefitting from it a huge advantage over other players. However, it still would be a welcome enhancement of the quality of life.

Never said it was the only source. Again, it rarely happens; certainly not often enough (sans identifying) to impact inventory.