RIP EOTM

Kalysha.4571

Edge of the mists been pretty dead, also i dont understand why team chat was add since eotm is a side wvw map. I had so much fun in there as in the begining, when i started get into wvw also you could lvl up (for me was great since lvl up in pve was so boring)! But nowdays nothing going on there no one palying it what is a pity, for starters, people who wanna start get into wvw is a great map for it but anet neglects wvw in general...they could restructure it or make some unique events in there to drive more people into wvw, revive eotm!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kalysha.4571 said:Edge of the mists been pretty dead, also i dont understand why team chat was add since eotm is a side wvw map. I had so much fun in there as in the begining, when i started get into wvw also you could lvl up (for me was great since lvl up in pve was so boring)! But nowdays nothing going on there no one palying it what is a pity, for starters, people who wanna start get into wvw is a great map for it but anet neglects wvw in general...they could restructure it or make some unique events in there to drive more people into wvw, revive eotm!

It wasn't the neglect that killed EoTM. It was Anet's own changes that killed it.

This is why I am a firm believer that Developer's actions dictate player’s action in any game.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:It wasn't the neglect that killed EoTM. It was Anet's own changes that killed it.It wasnt killed. It was stillborn.

EoTM was requested and desired by the community to solve one thing - the absolutely broken queue system. We wanted to WvW while not suffering a queue that let people in on random.

Then just before EoTM was released... Anet fixed the queue system.

It was the players that killed eotm, not Anet. Perma karma trains, avoid battle, powerlevel chars in no time, get loads of champbags (they did have value back then). Anet simply turned it into what it was meant to be a waiting room for wvw, by removing regular exp and nerfing karma gain. And people abandoned it.

@Kalysha.4571 said:Edge of the mists been pretty dead, also i dont understand why team chat was add since eotm is a side wvw map. I had so much fun in there as in the begining, when i started get into wvw also you could lvl up (for me was great since lvl up in pve was so boring)! But nowdays nothing going on there no one palying it what is a pity, for starters, people who wanna start get into wvw is a great map for it but anet neglects wvw in general...they could restructure it or make some unique events in there to drive more people into wvw, revive eotm!

eotm has no pips :/ so notmany players.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

It wasn't the neglect that killed EoTM. It was Anet's own changes that killed it.

This is why I am a firm believer that Developer's actions dictate player’s action in any game.

Other than removing base experience, what changes did Anet do to kill it?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

pips killed eotm. =)

@Sovereign.1093 said:

pips killed eotm. =)

Wasn’t in EoTM to begin with. Not an answer to my question.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

pips killed eotm. =)

Yes you found a YouTube video of people in EoTM (good for you! ?) after the removal of experience.

And you claim that it was pips..

If that were actually true, we would have seen a huge boost to WvW population after pips. How’d that work out?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Wasn’t in EoTM to begin with. Not an answer to my question.

Yes you found a YouTube video of people in EoTM (good for you! ?) after the removal of experience.

If that were actually true, we would have seen a huge boost to WvW population after pips. How’d that work out?

dood you're talking to yourself and its awkward.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Wasn’t in EoTM to begin with. Not an answer to my question.

Dood.. u interrupting my mono-dialogue!!

?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Dood.. u interrupting my mono-dialogue!!

?

:P :-)

i'd personally like to see EotM become one of the borderlands, replacing one of the alpine maps... and then the NEW "queue map" could simply be chosen randomly each week, from the four main maps. (EBG, Alpine, EotM, Desert) EDIT: can you discern that i abhor playing on Alpine Borderlands?

imagine EotM with real WvW battles, instead of the boring K-train. but of course, the K-train would still exist on whichever map was selected as the Queue Map for the week.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

pips killed eotm. =)

pips wasnt in wvw in the beginning too, but was added but not in eotm. hence killed eotm.

i suppose i can find it possible that you dont understand your own question.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

pips killed eotm. =)

lost players who love eotm. :/ who says those guys would play wvw? but wvw now has new players testing it and old ppl leaving. why? preference.

I went into Edge of the Mist just into the third year. I only came back out again after they launched the Legendary Backpiece for WvW. And literally the Edge of the Mist emptied out in order to get the backpiece. By the time we got the backpiece and went back to EotM...damage was done. Some people were just still grinding for the backpiece, and learning you needed ranks. Then you also had some wishing to get the Legendary WvW armor. Same thing. Required lots of resources and work. HOWEVER...if you are in a guild, and you need to Train in Assault or Defense of a wall or tower location....Edge of the Mist is still a good option for training purposes. There's very few zergs that will appear in that map do actually do anything. So Edge of the Mist still has a purpose. Training in defense/assault. Training in running a target down. Hell I suppose if you really wanted to , you could have a large option GvG field....although you still have Obsidian Sanctum for that GvG crap. Although in Edge of the Mist, if your Guilds are not on the same colored level...conceivably you could fight another guild from an option of six other servers. Be aware, that if your interested in this method of GvG...yes it is possible, no I have not seen it used for that purpose THAT MUCH....but yes I have seen it...just be aware that you as a WvW guild would be taking away your firepower from the server that you help support on Eternal Battlegrounds and The Borderlands.

EoTM was a waste of effort from the get go. Same as the desert map. Likewise in PvP stronghold was an absolute waste too.It's history and hope Anet learns from it. Don't invest in content that is not required. Variety splits the player base and the new content seekers only enjoy new stuff for a very limited period of time.

@BadMed.3846 said:EoTM was a waste of effort from the get go. Same as the desert map. Likewise in PvP stronghold was an absolute waste too.It's history and hope Anet learns from it. Don't invest in content that is not required. Variety splits the player base and the new content seekers only enjoy new stuff for a very limited period of time.

what is your basis?