RIP EOTM

Kalysha.4571

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:EoTM was a waste of effort from the get go. Same as the desert map. Likewise in PvP stronghold was an absolute waste too.It's history and hope Anet learns from it. Don't invest in content that is not required. Variety splits the player base and the new content seekers only enjoy new stuff for a very limited period of time.

what is your basis?

Go into EoTM and see it for yourself. Good luck if you enjoy it there.

I only see ppters excited about desert BLs. Most pvpers ignore stronghold altogether.

What other basis do you need? Stats? Happy for Anet to share. I talk from experience.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BadMed.3846 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:EoTM was a waste of effort from the get go. Same as the desert map. Likewise in PvP stronghold was an absolute waste too.It's history and hope Anet learns from it. Don't invest in content that is not required. Variety splits the player base and the new content seekers only enjoy new stuff for a very limited period of time.

what is your basis?

I only see ppters excited about desert BLs. Most pvpers ignore stronghold altogether.

What other basis do you need? Stats? Happy for Anet to share. I talk from experience.

so you have no basis for the cause?

of course ppl do ppt in wvw, it is a ppt mode with pk.

sure i go to eotm every now and then for nostalgic purposes.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

what is your basis?

I have basis for the cause. Please read again. I hope you will get it after a few reads.

@BadMed.3846 said:

what is your basis?

I have basis for the cause. Please read again. I hope you will get it after a few reads.

what is your basis except for experience? because if that is your basis, i can counter it by saying, well i experienced different. =p

now give me some data.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

what is your basis?

what is your basis except for experience? because if that is your basis, i can counter it by saying, well i experienced different. =p

now give me some data.

Go play EoTM for an hour. You'll have your data. Good luck.

@BadMed.3846 said:Go play EoTM for an hour. You'll have your data. Good luck.

It's no longer possible, nearly no one is there since PIPS got added to WvW and not to EotM.

Usage of EotM was nevertheless interesting.

1) It got developed to give WvW-player in queue some action2) It developed to the Leveling Karma Train for twinks, as this was the by far fastest way to level from 1 to 80.3) WEXP Ranks got added to WvW and EotM, it developed to the fastest WEXP Rankup train,4) WvW-player started to be upset about EotM, as a lot people preferred EotM over WvW and WvW started to die.5) ANet reduced WEXP in EotM below WvW, still a lot player preferred EotM6) ANet stopped giving (Level)-Exp in EotM and WvW (instead added Tome's from Reward Tracks)7) WvW even more upset as people continued playing EotM and even started fighting in EotM, as EotM appeared to be much better filled than WvW outside primetime8) ANet added Pips to WvW, but not to EotM, and killed EotM by that9) WvW stayed dead, as EotM was not filled because it had many people, but because it had demand driven number of maps.

We can learn: the current 20 (EU)/16 (NA) maps cannot be filled 24/7, a demand driven allocation of maps as in EotM produces better game-play.

@BadMed.3846 said:

what is your basis?

now give me some data.

Go play EoTM for an hour. You'll have your data. Good luck.

that is not proof. :/ you dont know what your talking about do you?

@Dayra.7405 said:

It's no longer possible, nearly no one is there since PIPS got added to WvW and not to EotM.

1) It got developed to give WvW-player in queue some action2) It developed to the Leveling Karma Train for twinks, as this was the by far fastest way to level from 1 to 80.3) WEXP Ranks got added to WvW and EotM, it developed to the fastest WEXP Rankup train,4) WvW-player started to be upset about EotM, as a lot people preferred EotM over WvW and WvW started to die.5) ANet reduced WEXP in EotM below WvW, still a lot player preferred EotM6) ANet stopped giving (Level)-Exp in EotM and WvW (instead added Tome's from Reward Tracks)7) WvW even more upset as people continued playing EotM and even started fighting in EotM, as EotM appears to be much better filled than WvW outside primetime8) ANet added Pips to WvW, but not to EotM, and killed EotM by that9) WvW stayed dead, as EotM was not filled because it had many people, but because it had demand driven number of maps.

We can learn: the current 20 (EU)/16 (NA) maps cannot be filled 24/7, a demand driven allocation of maps as in EotM produces better game-play.

i agree. :3

My prefered future of EotM and WvW:

• PIPS/Skirmishes and the EB-Map are added to EotM-Mode (EotM-Mode = a match last 1 skirmish, afterwards maps are closed, new maps are allocated based on demand), team assignment is changed from WvW-color, to: squad/party/player formed in PvE is added to the smallest Team
  • WvW (24/7 matches on the 4 WvW-maps) get reduced to 1 tier of Alliances relinked every week

@Dayra.7405 said:My prefered future of EotM and WvW:

• PIPS/Skirmishes and the EB-Map are added to EotM-Mode (EotM-Mode = a match last 1 skirmish, afterwards maps are closed, new maps are allocated based on demand)
  • WvW get reduced to 1 tier of Alliances relinked every week

im willing to try that.

what devs must do is allow some beta testing.

@"lare.5129" said:no PIPS, no exp. And you ask why it is "rip" ??

And don't forget no mount or gliding in EoTM either.We have a group that still runs EoTM every night, mostly to help new players get fast reward track completion for the Warclaw, most nights it takes around 30 min to cap every tower and keep if we have a mes for ports with little to no resistance except for vet NPCs so it's quick and fast....surprisingly most nights it's 20+ people in the party.

@Dayra.7405 said:

1) It got developed to give WvW-player in queue some action2) It developed to the Leveling Karma Train for twinks, as this was the by far fastest way to level from 1 to 80.3) WEXP Ranks got added to WvW and EotM, it developed to the fastest WEXP Rankup train,4) WvW-player started to be upset about EotM, as a lot people preferred EotM over WvW and WvW started to die.5) ANet reduced WEXP in EotM below WvW, still a lot player preferred EotM6) ANet stopped giving (Level)-Exp in EotM and WvW (instead added Tome's from Reward Tracks)7) WvW even more upset as people continued playing EotM and even started fighting in EotM, as EotM appeared to be much better filled than WvW outside primetime8) ANet added Pips to WvW, but not to EotM, and killed EotM by that9) WvW stayed dead, as EotM was not filled because it had many people, but because it had demand driven number of maps.

OR pvers who 95% frequented eotm had no interest whatsoever in wvw, did it for the big rewards they reaped pve style, and promptly left when said rewards (pve rewards) got nerfed, as eotm was supposed to be a wvw mode. I was playing eotm for a while, and I can assure you that fights were scarce and only happened when a skirmish was about to end, as a last troll fight. And eotm frequenters would never step foot in actual WvW cause, guess what, they were gonna be rallybots. And many people dont like pvp elements when they pve. Which is the part exactly they didnt do in eotm. Pvp.

Maybe you missed phase 7) (in EU, no clue if it existed in NA) but at that time WvW during offtime was at best one map-jumping-zerg per side, and they played search and hide by map-hopping (as one of the 3 was usually much larger than the other 2) and karma-train in WvW (i.e. as today, except that not every side has a zerg anymore :)) .At that time (and only at that time and in EU, no clue about NA) EotM during offtime had a filled map with Zergs finding and fighting each other.Pure PvE people had mostly left EotM at point 6).

@"Dayra.7405" said:Maybe you missed phase 7) (in EU, no clue if it existed in NA) but at that time WvW during offtime was at best one map-jumping-zerg per side, and they played search and hide by map-hopping (as one of the 3 was usually much larger than the other 2) and karma-train in WvW (i.e. as today, except that not every side has a zerg anymore :)) .At that time (and only at that time and in EU, no clue about NA) EotM during offtime had a filled map with Zergs finding and fighting each other.Pure PvE people had mostly left EotM at point 6).

I didnt miss anything. I was daily in eotm maps, levelled many chars, and I can only remember what? 5 fights in 4 months? I can understand people not liking it when their favorite farmmap is nerfed, much like Istan or Multiloot tarir, I can understand people farming the hell outta something that gives em most rewards for the time the spend there (eotm had full pve and wvw rewards). Now its just SOME wvw rewards. I mean its not hard to understand why people left when rewards were nerfed. If they enjoyed the "fights" or whatever else, they would have stayed.Guess what, they didnt.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

OR pvers who 95% frequented eotm had no interest whatsoever in wvw, did it for the big rewards they reaped pve style, and promptly left when said rewards (pve rewards) got nerfed, as eotm was supposed to be a wvw mode. I was playing eotm for a while, and I can assure you that fights were scarce and only happened when a skirmish was about to end, as a last troll fight. And eotm frequenters would never step foot in actual WvW cause, guess what, they were gonna be rallybots. And many people dont like pvp elements when they pve. Which is the part exactly they didnt do in eotm. Pvp.

wasnt much different in wvw to be honest. it was the war of the most loot.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

wasnt much different in wvw to be honest. it was the war of the most loot.

Big difference. WvW bags are about fight. EoTM was mindless ktrain for PvE.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@"BadMed.3846" said:Go play EoTM for an hour. You'll have your data. Good luck.

I can agree with that, whenever i visted eotm ppl just tried to get their pve loot, from time to time you had a commander who wanted to fight, but often none of the pve kittens pushed with him and got wiped and instantly looked for a map were the karmatrain was still going smoothly.

Never noticed that "phase7" (which btw sounds very much made up, and im on eu servers)

Eotm with pips would just draw more pve player and some wvw player (who tell themself that its still a wvw mode) into it and split the wvw player even more, so there would be even less ppl on the normal wvw maps.