Lets hope we get new pets in this saga.

Thornwolf.9721

@alain.1659 said:

@Revolution.5409 said:A beautiful ranged dps pet! That would make me happy. ^^
  1. Hydra
  2. Siege devourer
  3. maybe some wicker looking creature like the bone-skinner in the shiverpeak zones.
  4. Maybe a Wurm? We have yet to have one of those.
  5. Sabertooth tiger
  6. Dire wolf
  7. perhaps a skyscale ;o, we can dream

I dislike pet AI in this game. I dont like using pets in fights also due to them being not reliable. But even I got excited about those pets. Especially about the hydra!

• 3 weeks later...

They seem to add new pets in each new area. I see no reason this would be different. Time will tell...I love playing the ice areas. It is my favorite part of the Norn lands. Lots of fun critters up there, I have not heard anything for sure about new pets, but would really like to see a few (and would be surprised if we do not).

@Sandzibar.5134 said:Rangers have so many existing pets that are never used. I think I can count on one hand those which are viable/seen.

The devs are unable to make those others worthwhile and you want them to add more?

In 7 years they have never been touched, the answers are 2: Anet is not able to rework the existing domestic animals or anet does not consider necessary to invest resources in the reworking of this mechanic and prefers to leave it like thisIn any case, xpac pets are working so requesting others with features different from those added with HoT and PoF can only improve our profession by allowing us to play in other ways :)

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Revolution.5409 said:xpac pets are workingLet's call it over-performing instead.

If performance means, hitting moving targets or hitting opponents with their abilities is all normal, all the most used pets of pvp / wvw smokescale rangers, bristleback, iboga and gazelle have all been weakened, learn to play against them and you will understand that an IA has its limits even if it works.