Which HoT Profession Would You Nerf?

Thundabolt.8541

Again, for sheer curiosity, which profession released in HoT do you feel sits too highly above the rest of the classes, and why? What would you personally change about it?

For me, it's going to have to be Dragonhunter. I still to this day occasionally find myself being insta-downed by invisible traps. Plus longbow 5 lasts far too long. If you get caught in that, and your escape skills are on CD, you become nothing more than a slab of meat set out for the wolves to devour.

Might want to put WvW in the title.

Herald is basically the only one that stands out, not scrapper. 10 man permaboons even if they're stripped is quite strong : maybe the interval can be adjusted so that boon removal is more effective. CoR will still do more damage than most eles will , as will phase smash and drop the hammer. Rite of the Great Dwarf from the Retribution traitline also happens to have a nonremovable damage reduction that works against all power damage and the colloquial stone road is getting quicker cast time.

Scrapper was already slated for antitoxin rune nerf as well as stealth gyro cooldown increase. Unless they are able to camp hammer and still provide heals without minstrel I don't see anything broken (there's a tradeoff of using med kit and also using minstrel's). Against mainly power damage it relies on boons from herald revenants and firebrands for the med kit heal (which is mostly auxiliary healing with pulses or regen rather than a large burst heal) ; super elixir & elixir shell are both pulsed heals.

Chrono is basically irrelevant in WvW now unless you run scepter because of clone reliance for shatters (which no longer have access to party stability). Signet of inspiration simply lengthens boons now, there's no copying ; gravity well doesn't outdo DH hunter's ward that much. Renegades pump out alacrity better while moving ; scrapper's stealth gyro is preferred over mass invis due to smoke field.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:As a core Necro/Reaper main, I'm enjoying these threads, lol. Good to see people either supporting my favorite specs or at least not wanting them butchered :D.Is there anything on Necromancer left to butcher, aside from Scourge?

I think Necro and Reaper are in a pretty good place myself. Though core Necro still has many of the weaknesses it's always had, some of the buffs it's gotten have made it a lot more viable in small scale or 1v1's.

Speaking from a zerging perspective, yeah, both are pretty mediocre. Reaper can offer some solid cleave and otherwise good melee train support, but core has basically nothing. In terms of 1v1 or small scale though, both are actually quite good now. I don't think either are over or under performing so, I'm just happy to see these threads seem to confirm that.